rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

I have 3.04p of credit I was going to splurge on some random games, asking you lot what's good and *really* cheap. Like me :-). Other than say Phantasy Star at 2.99

Super Chariot sounds like a good 89p option, ta.

32 minutes ago, smac said:

I have 3.04p of credit I was going to splurge on some random games, asking you lot what's good and *really* cheap. Like me :-). Other than say Phantasy Star at 2.99

Super Chariot sounds like a good 89p option, ta.

If you like point and click adventures, I can recommend Bertram Fiddle.

• Upvote 1

Just now, cohen205 said:

Theres a game called Lichtspeer for 89p. 

Might be worth a punt.

Lichtspeer is on Gamepass. It's absolutely bonkers, but there's not much game there. But it's definitely worth 89p just to experience the bonkers-ness. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Lichtspeer is on Gamepass. It's absolutely bonkers, but there's not much game there. But it's definitely worth 89p just to experience the bonkers-ness. 

I loved the advert for it, so i thought i'd give it a go.

24 minutes ago, deKay said:

FINE. I bought Celeste. I hope you’re all fucking happy you bullying cunts.

It's a hell of a fucking good game.

25 minutes ago, deKay said:

FINE. I bought Celeste. I hope you’re all fucking happy you bullying cunts.

That’s how I ended up with Virtua Racer!  I was  bloody press ganged. 

Well, I went for Super Chariot and that Lichtspeer game, which looked bonkers.

Then found I was 6p short of the cost of The Bridge, which also looked good for 1.34...

Can recommend Flinthook if anyone's after something a bit Rogue Legacy-ish, it's only £11. Great fun swinging around levels and there's a lot of nuance to the controls.

You unlock stuff for future runs so every go is worthwhile too.

Had to turn the music off, though I do for most games these days...

• Upvote 2

Bought Celeste too.

I hope I’m not against the grain on this one.

Cuphead did finally click and became very enjoyable.

How is Dark Souls Switch for first timers?
Better to pick it up cheap on PS4?

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

Bought Celeste too.

I hope I’m not against the grain on this one.

Cuphead did finally click and became very enjoyable.

Dark Souls is one of the best games of the last ten years. Lots of (silly) people don't get on with it, though, so you may be better off getting a hard copy that you can sell on if you're one of these Philistines.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ABenevolentGod said:

Can recommend Flinthook if anyone's after something a bit Rogue Legacy-ish, it's only £11. Great fun swinging around levels and there's a lot of nuance to the controls.

You unlock stuff for future runs so every go is worthwhile too.

Had to turn the music off, though I do for most games these days...

Flinthook is superb. 

9 hours ago, grindmouse said:

I've been playing it on Switch over the last few months or so. It's fine, but I do think it benefits from the big screen. Having said that, I've played a lot of it handheld and I probably wouldn't have got through it at the same rate without the handheld option. I'm nearing the end and will probably have it up for sale in the next month or so if you can hang on.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Dark Souls is one of the best games of the last ten years. Lots of (silly) people don't get on with it, though, so you may be better off getting a hard copy that you can sell on if you're one of these Philistines.

Father Gascoigne has been a barrier of entry for me to jump on board the love train for these games. Played and exhausted Bloodborne up until Gascoigne, defeated the bridge boss and I'm confident I could beat FG, but the effort to get Bells for assistance, and grind vials so I can make another attempt sapped all the fun and lost me.

4 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Father Gascoigne has been a barrier of entry for me to jump on board the love train for these games. Played and exhausted Bloodborne up until Gascoigne, defeated the bridge boss and I'm confident I could beat FG, but the effort to get Bells for assistance, and grind vials so I can make another attempt sapped all the fun and lost me.

They are difficult if you're a beginner, no question, but if and when it clicks then they're all brilliant games.

@Chindie is flogging the PS4 version of the DaS remaster in Trading for a tenner. I'd at least give it a go.

3 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

You have my sympathies. I had a very similar experience, which I wrote about here. TLDR it's worth the effort in the end.

43 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

That's perhaps 5% of the game, for info. 

6 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

That's perhaps 5% of the game, for info. 

Yeah and imagine playing that same small area for over 5 hours. I'm not that bad at games, but learning his patterns and invincibility frames etc, whilst taking 20-30 minutes in between to farm vials was shit. Tried ringing the bell for assistance but the guy who joined was worse than me.

• Empathy 1

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Did you have the music box?

And yeah, Gascoigne is a pain in the arse, which is a shame because Bloodborne is fucking incredible.

Yeah the visitor died before he entered beast mode. I used the music box, got him right down to a tiny fraction of health and he got me. That was maybe a year ago idk. Haven't touched it since after discovering the bells are limited use. Fuck that game.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Did you have the music box?

And yeah, Gascoigne is a pain in the arse, which is a shame because Bloodborne is fucking incredible.

One of the most amazing feelings I had was beating Father Gascoigne on stream.  (from 21:20)

• Upvote 2