rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

I'm inviting a negging by saying so, but I beat Gascoigne first time. True story! Don't ask me how.

Rom was this game's O&S for me, the fucker. Him and OoK, who I only managed to beat through a glitch on my nth attempt.

Anyone played either Bad Dream Coma or Phantom Doctrine?

i noticed both are reduced at present and wondered if they are worth picking up

Monster Boy is down to £13.50 on the Norwegian eshop, apparently. I played the demo and decided it wasn't for me, but it gets a lot of praise round these here parts from others.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Monster Boy is down to £13.50 on the Norwegian eshop, apparently. I played the demo and decided it wasn't for me, but it gets a lot of praise round these here parts from others.

I will second the not for me as someone that bought it on the back of the praise here but can see why some liked it. Just pissed me off in the end but it’s not bad. 

Playing through The Stretchers with my brother and his girlfriend and we’ve been cracking up. I’d definitely recommend it for anyone able to play it co-op as it’s a very enjoyable little game. Yet to try single player so can’t comment on that aspect. 

On 03/12/2019 at 21:57, Jamie John said:

I gave it a good chance but found it ultimately boring and annoying.

5 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

Yeah, I felt the same way, although thankfully I didn't actually buy it. Some people lauded it as the best Metroidvania in years. Couldn't see it myself!

I think it (not in a bad way, that's basically how it's presented) depends on you having fond memories of the Dragon's Trap on the Master System.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

I think it (not in a bad way, that's basically how it's presented) depends on you having fond memories of the Dragon's Trap on the Master System.

Nah, it's very different.

Been gifted £30 in credit. So have a choice to make. 

1. Alien: Isolation
2. Big Pharma + A Cheap Indie

3. The Touryst + Shovel Knight: King of Cards + Something else. 

Really undecided.

12 hours ago, Horribleman said:

Seconded. It got heavy praise but I played Dragon's Trap for the first time last year and love it, whereas Cursed Kingdom quickly became a chore. It has some v.ropey level design. The art pales compared to Hollow Knight. It felt like a budget indie that had been bloated into an epic full-price game, but the creaks were visible. And it costs 3x as much as HK. It was a labour of love and scratched an itch for some people but nowhere near this gens best metroidvania.

48 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Really undecided.

The Stretchers. 

8 hours ago, bradigor said:

Really undecided.

Buy whichever one you can't wait for a sale for.

11 hours ago, shirubagan said:

The Stretchers. 

Does it have an audio language option?

It looks like great fun but I think I was spoiled by watching the Japanese trailer before the English one. The translated version seems to be lacking in the OTT voices so would love to play it with the Japanese audio:

12 hours ago, bradigor said:

Really undecided.

Alien Isolation, it’s a must. 

12 minutes ago, Popo said:

Alien Isolation, it’s a must. 

It's also available for £5 on PS4/XB1, though. I'm not sure what @bradigor's situation is, but if he has either console it's a a big difference.

45 minutes ago, 11 Herbs 'n' Spices said:

Does it have an audio language option?

It looks like great fun but I think I was spoiled by watching the Japanese trailer before the English one. The translated version seems to be lacking in the OTT voices so would love to play it with the Japanese audio:

There's no VO, just babbling noises AFAIK. I'll check later.

21 minutes ago, Flub said:

Don't Die Mr Robot

Oh come on @Flub, you know I have this on more than one platform (including Switch) already!

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

It's also available for £5 on PS4/XB1, though. I'm not sure what @bradigor's situation is, but if he has either console it's a a big difference.

Yea it’s frequently on sale on the other formats. But as someone else said, the toilet is the best place to play so the Switch version will actually save you money in browned underwear. 

The thought of playing this again fills me with both joy and dread.

I'm not sure i can take another dose of Alan.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Oh come on @Flub, you know I have this on more than one platform (including Switch) already!

I know. It was more to remind everyone else that the game exists :)

Couldn't you buy it again on a second profile?

• Upvote 1

On 30/11/2019 at 12:59, Jamie John said:

I'm inviting a negging by saying so, but I beat Gascoigne first time. True story! Don't ask me how.

Rom was this game's O&S for me, the fucker. Him and OoK, who I only managed to beat through a glitch on my nth attempt.

I never made it past Rom. Came so close - within a hit of it, but it drove me crazy. 

Plenty to look forward to from the Indie World Showcase.

Must resist The Talos Principle again though. 

Any early takes on FM2020? I'm guessing it's not worth £30 for an owner of the previous one but I try to be optimistic.

37 minutes ago, Andy_Why said:

Qubic are doing a lovely promotion in the lead up to Xmas and are giving away 10 free games if you own one of theirs! You can find details here-

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-10-free-games-over-xmas-at-nintendo-eshop-3360304

Has anyone played any of these games? I own Rekt, which is great, but I'll certainly take a punt on the others.

You can download colouring book for free, which makes you eligible for the other games.

Rekt is worth the small price anyway.  Great game although it does seem to crash a lot when I get a good score....