rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Caved and doubled up on Witcher 3. I have it on PS4, but it’s so imposing that I’ve never sat down and invested real time into it.

I’ve grown too used to the freedom of playing everything handheld.

2 hours ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

Really liking the look of Rush Rally 3 coming out tomorrow.

I’m getting a real PS1 Colin Mcrae feel from it.

Well it certainly has the ps1 graphics. Love the names they used in this though - “Colon Mcray”

On 21/12/2019 at 14:22, Alshie said:

Thanks - I’ll check that out.

My son keeps destroying them by dropping the console, the impact really damaged them.

The sticks themselves cost $2 (or $5 with the tools) on aliexpress and are easy to replace - just remove a few screws and clip them in. There are videos on YouTube showing the whole process.

It’s the work of a single guy. It sounds like a labour of love, he seems to be really knowledgeable about rally games and clearly cares about them a lot.

I’ve got Rush Rally 2 on my iPhone. It’s completely ruined by touch screen controls but the physics and presentation do feel ‘right’.

I've had rush rally 3 on my Nvidia shield TV for a bit. It's a pretty good arcade style title to be fair and works well with the controller.

It's a paid for title with no ingame DLC all done by one guy, well worth supporting as no other developers seem to be stepping up.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

12 hours ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

First impressions of Rush Rally 3 are that it's great. Really good fun.

You might say it's....RALLY good fun, no?

I bought Spaceland in the eShop sale.  It's a lovely little turn based squad tactics game.  Very nice graphics, excellent gameplay which reminds me of games like Rebelstar Advance, maybe a hint of that ace 3DS Ghost Recon game.

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

1 hour ago, Nathan Wind said:

I bought Spaceland in the eShop sale.  It's a lovely little turn based squad tactics game.  Very nice graphics, excellent gameplay which reminds me of games like Rebelstar Advance, maybe a hint of that ace 3DS Ghost Recon game.

Posing you for the Spaceland recommendation. Not for the god-awful pun.

I keep meaning to do another massive eshop game round up, but for now I just want to say What Remains of Edith Finch is a masterpiece. Maybe it’s because I played 2 shite cheap games between Dark Souls and it, but every time I buy a cheap game I regret not just spending more on something I actually want.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, geldra said:

Picked up Shinobi. Another cracking M2 port. 

Such fond memories of seeing this in the local arcades. :wub:

My god I didn't even know this was out on the UK eshop!

Not seen anything about Demon's Tilt which is a cool horror pinball game with some lite bullet hell. I played it on Game Pass and it's great but I gave it a rest when I heard it was coming to the Switch. Bit expensive still for only one table and given I'm not a massive pinball fan (£17.99) but it is very good fun. I'll be jumping on this in the February sales, no doubt. 

4 hours ago, merrychan said:

My god I didn't even know this was out on the UK eshop!

Apols shoulda said: grabbed from JPN eshop. 

(You can get Jpn eshop credit from https://www.seagm.com/ if you can’t wait for a UK release)

Edit: the screen setting of “dot for dot” makes it look utterly vibrant. Very nice. 

• Upvote 1

It's brilliant.

I've finally finished it thanks to the safety suit and rewind button,

Previously had never got to the final boss.  

On 24/12/2019 at 09:17, Nathan Wind said:

I’ll be back shortly, just visiting the eshop.