rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

20 hours ago, smac said:

Rogue Trooper is on offer - less than 7 quid.

Ach, what the hell. Bought. I only have the PS2 original, anyway, so it's time to replay in modern stylee.

6 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

Could someone please report back on whether this has Tate mode and online leaderboard? Can't find any info on Google or YouTube. Thanks! 

04B30CFA-34CD-452C-91B1-023B6EC084FF.thumb.jpeg.1a2ff855ef694e25064af7cf2ca4ecc3.jpeg

There are online rankings in Hi Score mode.

• Upvote 1

PS. I see the Contra collection and Capcom Belt Collection are still on offer. And Shakedown Hawaii.

Dear rllmuk which one of these should I buy? Never played a Contra.

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

Are they sought after or something?

Nah you can buy them easily. Just have to wake for them to come from the US. 

2 hours ago, grindmouse said:

PS. I see the Contra collection and Capcom Belt Collection are still on offer. And Shakedown Hawaii.

Dear rllmuk which one of these should I buy? Never played a Contra.

I really like the beat em up bundle but they obviously get repetitive. I also really like the Conta one but you probably have to already like Contra to be sure it’s for you. It’s a lot of Contra.

• Upvote 1

The best Contra game isn’t even in the Contra Collection.

• Upvote 2

Any fans of Doom Sigil? Obviously it's free so I shouldn't grumble but a quick scout of the internet shows a bunch of people doing just that.

I know, I know! But it’s free! And it’s the guy who made the game! Oh lord. You make one explicit threat to make everyone your bitch and they don’t let you forget it. 

• Upvote 3

They released a new patch for Doom and Doom 2 basically fixing all of the issues with the ports (slow music, incorrect lighting, stretched aspect ratio) and adding free extra content - Doom 1 owners get SIGIL, and Doom 2 owners get Final Doom and a few other .wads.

Well worth trying out if you own the ports but haven't played them in a while.

• Upvote 3

On 16/01/2020 at 08:32, extremepabs said:

Thanks I may grab this sounds like my sort of thing

Let me know what you think. It is hard, for sure, but I am enjoying it a lot. 

Picked up Homo Machina whilst on sale. £2.23. Funny little game but enjoying lounging around playing it.

Echoing the recommendation of Stories Untold. An absolutely ingenious and engaging narrative experience, one of the best I've played for sure.

To say anymore would spoil things.

• Upvote 1

On 18/01/2020 at 10:51, MattKB said:

Let me know what you think. It is hard, for sure, but I am enjoying it a lot. 

Enjoying it its tough but good

If I've pre-ordered (and downloaded) a game that launches on the eshop tomorrow, what time can I expect to be able to play it? And do I need to be connected to the internet?

11 minutes ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

If I've pre-ordered (and downloaded) a game that launches on the eshop tomorrow, what time can I expect to be able to play it? And do I need to be connected to the internet?

Not pre-ordered any games via the eShop myself, but from Nintendo Pre-order FAQ page :

What happens when a game is pre-loaded?
A non-playable version of the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll see an icon for the game on your HOME Menu, but you will not be able to launch the game until it is officially released. You'll be able to start playing after downloading a small update on the game's release date. (Please note that some third-party titles are not available until midnight CET on the game’s release date.)

How do I get the software update that unlocks the game on the release date?
As long as your Nintendo Switch console, Wii U console or Nintendo 3DS family system is connected to the internet, you will be prompted to download the update data once you launch the game. Additionally, if you have your console in standby or sleep mode and connected to the internet, the update data will download and install automatically.

So looks like you download a small update to unlock the game and they are not providing any specific time, but I thought the eShop updates at 2pm BST.

HTH

• Upvote 1

Noticed the Joe and Mac games on sale for under £2 each. My only experience of them was seeing them on GamesMaster- worth checking out now or not worth playing in the first place?

First one is a fun, but basic coin gobbler. The chunky sprites impressed for the time, but it’s not a classic by any stretch of the imagination. I still bought it though. Worth a couple of quid but no more. 

Never played the sequel, but seems a different type of game.

10 hours ago, bradigor said:

198X is out tomorrow. I've had a chance to play it already

http://bit.ly/37g0324

It is super short, but it is brilliant.

oh no. This is not what my wallet wanted to hear.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Noticed the Joe and Mac games on sale for under £2 each. My only experience of them was seeing them on GamesMaster- worth checking out now or not worth playing in the first place?

The SNES app has one of them, try the series there.

• Upvote 1