rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Which versions of Shinobi and Fantasy Zone is this we're getting today, arcade? Two series I'm interested in but only dabbled with very infrequently.

Yes, although there's a rumour the Master System Fantasy Zone is a hidden extra in it. It was in the 3D Classics too.

-So, can you tell us exactly what modes and functions are included in the Nintendo Switch version this time?

Okunari: "Time Attack Mode" which was included in the " Fantasy Zone Complete Collection", which was released last in the PS2 version of the SEGA AGES2500 series, from the titles M2 was responsible for transplanting in the past (* 3) This sales point is that the revival of the 3DS version and the addition of all the elements, such as the 3DS version of “Upapapa Mode” and additional bosses (* 4) .

――The PS2 version of “Fantasy Zone Complete Collection” is nostalgic now. I purchased and played on the release date, but I'm very sorry to say this, but I have no memory of playing "Time Attack Mode" ...

Koga: "Time Attack Mode" was included as a hidden element.

Okunari: However, since the PS2 version was released in 2008, it has been more than 10 years ago, and as Mr. Horii said, we have completed all approaches with the 3DS version, so this time It is a version that has been brushed up with the elements that were included in the PS2 version. So, the director of M2, Koga, put together all of these elements.

* 3: "Time Attack Mode": PS2 version "Fantasy Zone Complete Collection" can be played by entering a hidden command. A mode in which you compete for the time to clear 8 stages per lap. See official website for details

* 4: "Upauppa Mode" and additional bosses: Elements added in the 3DS version "3D Fantasy Zone Opaopapa Brothers". The main feature is that you control the younger brother of the main character, Opaopa, and you can use all weapons without any restrictions while you have the money in hand. Additional bosses include Sega Mark III version 4 bosses, Ultra Super Big Maxim Great Strong Tot, and 6 bosses dz, deno roma, etc. that appear when certain conditions are met.

So... sort of

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, suzzopher said:

The SNES app has one of them, try the series there.

The SNES version of the original sounds a bit better from what I'm reading, actually!

A demo is now available for The Touryst, if you can't find it via the eShop on a browser (like I couldn't) the option is available when  viewing the game page via  the Switch itself on the eShop.

The Touryst was a great game, it's pretty short but really charming and a lot of fun despite 1 or 2 sections that are a little frustrating. 

I finished all the proper Picross and then bought Pictoquest in the sale without doing proper due diligence. Time limits? Fuck off. Raging at myself. 

I’m going to have to get that weird anime spin-off now and just hope they put out an S4 before I need to buy the other weird anime spinoff with the cat lassies. 

• Upvote 1

I really enjoyed PictoQuest. 

Cycle through the enemies to stop them attacking. 

And save completing lines until they're ready to attack. 

I didn't need to use anything from my inventory the entire game. 

It's an interesting take on Picross and one that changes up how you think about completing the puzzles. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Pictoquest was good. It's a decent Picross diversion, but not as good as the real thing. 

I like Picross/Nonogram games so much that I wrote a C64 version. Adding a time limit sound like the worst thing anybody could ever do to the idea. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Gloomy Andy said:

It's an interesting take on Picross and one that changes up how you think about completing the puzzles. 

The cycling is handy, cheers. 

Aye I’ve played a bit more and it’s OK provided you approach it as its own thing rather than what I wanted it to be. I think I’m just a bit disheartened to be struggling for comparable relaxing puzzle games after hundreds of hours of what I thought was perfection. 

I've gone back to mop up the 3ds ones I've missed. Then there's the Sanrio one if I get desperate. S4 must be due soon. Must be....

10 hours ago, Gloomy Andy said:

I didn't even need to do those. I literally played it like a normal picross game.

On 26/01/2020 at 08:58, deKay said:

I literally played it like a normal picross game.

Is Pictoquest quite simple compared to Picross S/2/3, in terms of the difficulty and quantity of puzzles?

6 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Is Pictoquest quite simple compared to Picross S/2/3, in terms of the difficulty and quantity of puzzles?

Yes. There aren’t nearly as many and they’re not as hard.

It is still great because Picross, but the RPG elements are very underused.

• Upvote 1

I see Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns is half-price on the eShop. Tempted, but not sure how good this new version is. I didn't play the original back in the day. 

2 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

I see Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns is half-price on the eShop. Tempted, but not sure how good this new version is. I didn't play the original back in the day. 

It's Puzzle Quest with all the dlc. A good, solid and fun game that occasionally is infuriating :)

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

It's the same game but no stylus so rubbish.

(probably)

1 minute ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

are eshop codes region free, ie if I buy a cheapo code in a box game here and give the code to someone in the US can they use it?

They can use it but they need an account to match the region.

On 27/01/2020 at 21:48, meatbin said:

Anyone played 198x? 

I was wondering this too.

1 minute ago, sharak said:

Cheers.

You still play NHL pal?

Not for a while, game got super shit over past 3-4 years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

22 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Same with PES :(

9 hours ago, bradigor said:

Yes, 2020 might be my last one. It’s a glitch-fest and takes about 10 minutes to wade through the same menus every evening to get to my club to play. 

Sonic Mania is over double the price on the Switch for the cart compared to PS4, so I’ll probably pick up the e-shop copy. I prefer physical media where possible for a multitude of reasons, but it’s annoying to be stung for it.