rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

From what I've heard it's a little lower-stakes than VA-11 Hall-A and doesn't really go anywhere. Seeing as the chill, slice-of-life ambience of VA-11 Hall-A was a part of why I loved it, a game that really leans into that aspect is pretty appealing to me, so I plan to try it, but I'm not sure how soon that will be.

Apologies, that's not all that useful.

Overcooked 1 is £6 atm, a bit simpler and more accessible than the sequel I'd say

Just while we're talking about it, I played VA-11 HALL-A last year on the Switch and thought it was throughly lovely. Consider my interest piqued in Coffee Talk (mind you - I'm part way through 428 Shibuya Scramble at the moment, with Zero Time Dilemma on the shelf and I really should get round to AI: The Somnium Files at some point so adding another visual novel to the pile might not be the wisest of moves) 

Narrator: He bought Coffee Talk. 

• Upvote 3

On 31/01/2020 at 02:51, Jamie John said:

Blasphemous down to £12. Tempted, but the backlog is too teetering at the moment. I know lots of other people are interested, though.

wXp40S5.gif

Gnarly.

I'm playing this at the moment. Can't say i'm enjoying it. Its very annoying in that forced difficulty kinda way - like the developers choice of enemy placements + traps etc is designed to piss you off rather than let you figure out your own strategy. Maybe i was expecting too much? 

Anyway, i'm not giving up on it just yet. I gonna do a little grinding and see if some of the unlockable perks make it smoother sailing and a more pleasurable experience.

2 hours ago, Curtis said:

I'm playing this at the moment. Can't say i'm enjoying it. Its very annoying in that forced difficulty kinda way - like the developers choice of enemy placements + traps etc is designed to piss you off rather than let you figure out your own strategy. Maybe i was expecting too much? 

Anyway, i'm not giving up on it just yet. I gonna do a little grinding and see if some of the unlockable perks make it smoother sailing and a more pleasurable experience.

That's a shame. I have heard mixed reports, actually, in the dedicated thread. The art style is pretty striking, at least.

I’ve never been convinced I’ll enjoy Stick it to the Man but I reasoned two quid was worth the chance. Haven’t started it yet but I booted it there to move it up my home screen and I genuinely can’t believe the title screen music. It’s won me over in literally seconds. 

Spoiler

KENNY ROGERS FFS

Murder By Numbers should appeal to a fair few of us when it releases. It's Picross crossed with Phoenix Wright. With the OST done by they guy who did Ace Attorney. 

It's out in Japan next month, so hopefully it shouldn't be too long before we get it. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Murder By Numbers should appeal to a fair few of us when it releases. It's Picross crossed with Phoenix Wright. With the OST done by they guy who did Ace Attorney. 

It's out in Japan next month, so hopefully it shouldn't be too long before we get it. 

Picross crossed with Phoenix Wright? Shut up and take my money!

At least one (ex?) forumite is involved in the development too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

This does look great,  been eagerly waiting for a Western release date.

Given its made in London, I can't imagine an English release taking long. 

We have a release date for Murder by Numbers, 6th March:

Pidgeon wooers and independent developer Mediatonic and beloved indie publisher The Irregular Corporation are proud to announce that their weird and wonderful detective puzzler Murder by Numbers will be launching in Japan and the West on Switch on March 5 and Steam on March 6.

Murder by Numbers will be available on Steam and Switch for $14.99/12.49€/£11.99. It will be available for pre-order on Nintendo Switch beginning February 20 at a 10% discount, and to celebrate the release of the game it will also be discounted 10% for the first week of release from March 5-11. The Steam version will have a 10% discount for its launch week from March 6-12.

• Upvote 5

Was literally just posting the same thing. It's a bit of a no-brainer at that price. 

Edit: the fictional TV show is called Murder Miss Terry? :D

• Upvote 1

On 05/02/2020 at 12:22, deKay said:

At least one (ex?) forumite is involved in the development too.

I just noticed that now too, very good :) 

20 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

Is Rolling Gunner worth it for the reduced price?

Definitely. A great Cave-style shmup with loads of accessibility and Novice options. It'll also receive the Overpower DLC for nowt, I believe, later this year. It's top three shmups on the Switch. 

• Upvote 3

• Upvote 2

Anyone played Goetia? It’s only 89p at the moment but the reviews are fairly middling.

15 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Yeah that looks great, cheers!

It’s great 4p as well. Chilled and super easy to play. 

5 hours ago, Mystacon said:

Anyone played Goetia? It’s only 89p at the moment but the reviews are fairly middling.

The reviews are right imo, but it's well-made and for that price probably worth a gamble as I know a couple of people who really got into it. Just a wee bit too obtuse for me and not helped by playing it intermittently as I did.

I've just convinced myself to reinstall it :lol:

6 hours ago, Mystacon said:

Don’t do it man- find something worth playing and put 89p towards that. Have you played Stories Untold?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, therearerules said:

Don’t do it man- find something worth playing and put 89p towards that. Have you played Stories Untold?

I have and I loved it!