rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

19 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Why didn’t I buy dead cells sooner? It’s fantastic!

"You'll get better...eventually."

It really is one of those games where the controls become an extension of your hands. So satisfying to play and perfect for Switch™.

Am I right in thinking that Dead Cells has become easier to complete following a patch? I enjoyed it when I played it but it was difficult to the point of tedium, given the rougelike restarting with every run.

I was a little worried as everyone said how hard it was. I played it for a while, and it took me a while to get killed, and I’m not the greatest at these type of games. 

I’m really enjoying it and don’t even mind dying (yet). The combat is fantastic and every new weapon is a joy.

Ive had my eye on it for a while, but decided to bite the bullet due to to the sale. Really glad I did. 

The first complete play through. Throw a couple of traps at a boss and go make a sandwich. By the time you’re playing at a higher difficulty it already has you hooked.

The recent update added a new early game pathway, adding more variety to runs and allowing you to avoid areas that are giving you particular bother.

I spent the weekend playing Speed Runners. It’s a brilliant multiplayer game. The mechanics of it reminded me of micro machines ie the person the the lead has a disadvantage because they cant see ahead. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

For anyone interested in the upcoming Murder By Numbers, found this gameplay footage:

I cannot overstate how distressed I am that the game comes out hours after I board a 16 hour flight. I'm really looking forward to it, and not just because of Ed Fear's involvement!

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 4

3 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

For anyone interested in the upcoming Murder By Numbers, found this gameplay footage:

This'll be the first of those puzzle games I get then.

7 hours ago, Chooch said:

I spent the weekend playing Speed Runners. It’s a brilliant multiplayer game. The mechanics of it reminded me of micro machines ie the person the the lead has a disadvantage because they cant see ahead. 

Looks good from a quick video I just watched. I'll add to my watch list.

If you like Speed Runners, try Runbow. - I've played it lots, and looks like it is very similar to Speed Runners. 

Runbow is on sale for £2.39 until 1 Mar, and supports up to 8 players.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/runbow

• Upvote 1

Cooking Mama : Cookstar

Strongest candidate yet this year for 'change one letter and what's the game about?' :D

• Upvote 1

Nah. 'Cooking Mama: Cook, stir' seems to mean about the same to me...

• Upvote 4

Cooking Mana: Cooking Star, The cooking RPG crossover you never knew you needed. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

I think it would. 

You would. I'm the self proclaimed arbiter, so my word is final.

12 minutes ago, Adrock said:

You would. I'm the self proclaimed arbiter, so my word is final.

I can't hear or see that word without thinking of Halo. 

28 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

I can't hear or see that word without thinking of Halo. 

Is that a JRPG?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wretcherd said:

Yes, a Jumping Running Punching Gun game.

That is a great name for a game!

DMC 3 out today.

Looking forward to replaying it with the new features.

Also priced a lot fairer than other capcom releases on switch (COUGHresidentevil4COUGH)

Wish Capcom would port their new engine into Switch, would love to see RE2, RE7 and Monster Hunter World on there. 

Question regarding redeeming a code on the eShop store.

I while back I picked up a free Nintendo catalogue and in the back there was a code which is supposed to give you a 10% off your next purchase on the eShop. I finished reading the catalogue and cut out the code to keep for when I wanted to get something to use it with.

So I just went onto the eShop store, found want I wanted and when going through the process of buying the game there was no option to add a discount code. There were options to use my gold coins but nothing else.

So tried on my actual Switch (was on the website previously trying this) but got the same problem, I could see there is an option of the left side of the eShop (on the Switch) to redeem a code, but when I tried, it required 16 digits, but the code I have is only 12.

Any help or guidance on how I'm supposed to input this code would be most grateful. Had a look over the OP on this thread and online but no luck on how to proceed.

It’s 10% off the Nintendo Store (which sells real physical things), not the eShop.

6 minutes ago, deKay said:

It’s 10% off the Nintendo Store (which sells real physical things), not the eShop.

Ah OK, thanks for clearing that up.

Well if anyone would like this code for 10% the store (I'll won't use it), just send me a PM :)