rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Bought Doom in the sale. Had about an hour on it and I am quite impressed. I can see where the compromises have been made but when the action starts I don't have time to stand around assessing the textures.

I've never been very good with gyro aiming but will have a bash when I next play it docked. My main issue is how "slidey" it feels when moving around. It's almost like being on a Mario Ice World level. 

Also, what is Warface like? Never really come across it before. 

Edited by iknowgungfu
Edit - Never kind... Just seen the dedicated thread.

Sorely tempted by Devil May Cry 3 again on account of it being really good and because I apparently enjoy repeatedly buying the same ten or so videogames over and over. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jolly said:

Sorely tempted by Devil May Cry 3 again on account of it being really good and because I apparently enjoy repeatedly buying the same ten or so videogames over and over. 

The Switch is maybe 4 games away from having all my favourite games on it. Of course I’d buy them all again.

• Upvote 1

Devil May cry 3 is good, but its a nightmare to play on the switch lite.

The buttons are a bit small, and my right hand was in bits after defeating cerberus!

29 minutes ago, suzzopher said:

The Switch is maybe 4 games away from having all my favourite games on it. Of course I’d buy them all again.

Skyrim, Shinobi, Double Dragon, Final Fight, Mario Kart 8, Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening and Katamari Damashi are all on my all-time favourite list.  Hopefully Wave Race will join them one day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bum said:

Skyrim, Shinobi, Double Dragon, Final Fight, Mario Kart 8, Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening and Katamari Damashi are all on my all-time favourite list.  Hopefully Wave Race will join them one day.

Once this sucker has Castlevania Symphony of the Night, OutRun 2, Virtua Fighter 5, KOTOR and Chrono Trigger I will never need another device.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, bum said:

Needs some more SEGA classics. Until nights, Shenmue and jet set radio get on there I’ll still have to keep the xbox around. Needs the other Katamari games, the first one is too short.

Yeah, definitely agree with getting the second Katamari on there.

Its much better.

Whilst we are here, get Timesplitters 2 on there!

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Yeah, definitely agree with getting the second Katamari on there.

Its much better.

Whilst we are here, get Timesplitters 2 on there!

Definitely. It’s probably one of my fav videogame series which because I never have been into Sony’s consoles I’ve still got much to experience. It’s been neglected this gen and I hoped that the first reissue would kick start more reissues but alas. Plus beautiful Katamari criminally remained neglected for xbone backwards compatibility. I’m not getting my Katamari fix. 

On another note, is Graveyard Keeper much cop? It's on sale at the moment but impressions are hard to come by...which might tell its own story I guess. Loved Stardew but think I'm all played out with that for a year or two.

8 hours ago, Horribleman said:

A port of Hellfire please. 

That is potentially happening right?  M2 have acquired the rights to Toaplan’s backcat. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, friedgold said:

On another note, is Graveyard Keeper much cop? It's on sale at the moment but impressions are hard to come by...which might tell its own story I guess. Loved Stardew but think I'm all played out with that for a year or two.

Played through it when it was in Game Pass and I enjoyed it a lot but towards the end the grind was absolutely colossal. I don't know if they ever changed thay.

Think I'll pass on it for now, thanks. Don't mind grind but this sounds like a lot of waiting around and with Two point Hospital around the corner it probably won't get much of my time.

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

I want EDF. Any EDF. Portable EDF is the best EDF. EDF!

If you want any EDF, then there’s already an EDF on the Switch.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.357f6cff1deaff5f71d1d007056b3d8f.jpeg

• Empathy 1

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

I want EDF. Any EDF. Portable EDF is the best EDF. EDF!

A million times this. 

EDF! EDF! EDF!

6 minutes ago, deKay said:

If you want any EDF, then there’s already an EDF on the Switch.

Hide contents

image.jpeg.357f6cff1deaff5f71d1d007056b3d8f.jpeg

Damn you dekay. Damn you.

• Empathy 1

Got Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus in the sale. It’s bloody awesome. Will tide me over until Doom Eternal releases. 

I see La-Mulana and La-Mulana 2 are up now, being sent to die on Animal Crossing day. Oh well, no one would have bought them anyway.

2 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

I see La-Mulana and La-Mulana 2 are up now, being sent to die on Animal Crossing day. Oh well, no one would have bought them anyway.

I've pre-ordered the limited physical edition off the Nisa UK shop. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

I've pre-ordered the limited physical edition off the Nisa UK shop. :unsure:

Me too, and it's bloody £42 on Base now. I didn't think any other retailer would be getting it.

Have you played it before?

1 minute ago, ann coulter said:

Me too, and it's bloody £42 on Base now. I didn't think any other retailer would be getting it.

Have you played it before?

Awesome. I've already paid for it as well. Oh well. 

Nope, never played them. But I'm on a huge Metroidvania kick at the minute and I'm playing pretty much everything I can get my hands on. I know they're both meant to be really good. 

La-Mulana is the best Metroidvania of all. But it's not typical of others in the genre. A huge part of its difficulty lies in its puzzles, which are fiendish. It took me over a dozen hand-drawn maps, an almost-full A4 pad of notes and sketches, a bunch of post-its with spontaneous ideas scrawled on them, and over three years of actually playing to reach what I think is the final area. And I still haven't cracked that. It turns you into a fucking archaeologist. It is possibly my favourite game, and no one else's.

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, Jolly said:

Bought it and it's still totally excellent. Turns out my willpower maxes out at 12 hours. 

God, I love that opening pizza eating bit. 

58 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

La-Mulana is the best Metroidvania of all. But it's not typical of others in the genre. A huge part of its difficulty lies in its puzzles, which are fiendish. It took me over a dozen hand-drawn maps, an almost-full A4 pad of notes and sketches, a bunch of post-its with spontaneous ideas scrawled on them, and over three years of actually playing to reach what I think is the final area. And I still haven't cracked that. It turns you into a fucking archaeologist. It is possibly my favourite game, and no one else's.

I'd heard of La-Mulana, but had no idea what it was, so had no interest in it. But thanks to your description, I might just go and buy it now! Sounds right up my street.

• Upvote 1