rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

Also, there is a Peggle inspired roguelike dungeon crawler coming out on Friday called Roundguard. Here is our review: http://bit.ly/2w3s1ka

You should just post the URLs, your URL isn't massively long and a lot of work content blockers block bit.ly links.

Roundguard looks great, btw. Thanks for that.

1 minute ago, HarryBizzle said:

You should just post the URLs, your URL isn't massively long and a lot of work content blockers block bit.ly links.

Roundguard looks great, btw. Thanks for that.

Ah didn't know that. Thanks. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

According to eshop prices, Nino no Kuni is down to about £7.50, which seems very cheap. Is anyone with a Japanese account able to confirm?

On the Japanese store? It is, but it has no English language option. 

6 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

On the Japanese store? It is, but it has no English language option. 

Thanks for checking. I thought you'd be able to modify the language or subtitle settings in game though, no?

7 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Thanks for checking. I thought you'd be able to modify the language or subtitle settings in game though, no?

Some versions only have single language options. The Japanese No No Kuni is one of them. 

• Upvote 1

Flight Simulator 2019 is on the eshop.

Anyone grabbed it?  Worth a dabble?

I saw a YouTube video of it last week - it's a mobile port and incredibly basic-looking so depends what you expect when you hear the words "Flight Simulator".

7 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

I saw a YouTube video of it last week - it's a mobile port and incredibly basic-looking so depends what you expect when you hear the words "Flight Simulator".

This

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, Jamie John said:

According to eshop prices, Nino no Kuni is down to about £7.50, which seems very cheap. Is anyone with a Japanese account able to confirm?

Yokai Watch 1 and Snack World have the same heavy discount. Definitely getting Ni No Kuni for that price, will have to look into the other 2.

As is the Lady Layton game. But they're all Japanese language only and with no subtitles. 

7 minutes ago, deKay said:

Snack World is £7.50?!

Yes, 1000 yen, same as Ni No Kuni. Metacritic score doesn't seem great...

Maybe I'll just buy them all to have a bit of a backlog of switch time sinks..

Only Level 5 game I've played was Danboru Senki W for Vita and I enjoyed that at the time..

Hmm. Wonder if I can get the JP version but then redownload it from the UK eShop. I did that with one game way back when.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Snack World is £7.50?!

Holy shit yes: https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000002745

Does it have an English option?

Not according to the product page, it just lists Japanese. No idea if you can buy it and download the UK version....I bought a cheap copy of Caladrius Blaze from the Japanese eshop at Christmas and I couldn't download the UK version. That was also listed as not having an English language option. But some of my other Japanese eShop games definitely do show up as "Purchased" on the UK store.

I know people ask this every now and again, but Cities: Skylines is just a mess on the Switch, right? It was never fixed?

13 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

I know people ask this every now and again, but Cities: Skylines is just a mess on the Switch, right? It was never fixed?

Here you go:

On 10/03/2020 at 14:24, Gotters said:

Cities Skylines is 75% off and down to only £9 - tempted at that price, recall this had performance issues at launch, did it get patched up a bit ?

On 10/03/2020 at 15:48, bradigor said:

It stutters a bit compared to the other versions, but is perfectly playable and a bargain at £9

3 hours ago, deKay said:

Hmm. Wonder if I can get the JP version but then redownload it from the UK eShop. I did that with one game way back when.

I bought Ni No Kuni so I checked this. Unlike most of my Japanese games, it doesn't show up as "purchased" on the UK eshop, so I guess they're not linked. I assume that applies to Snack World and the other level 5 games too.

Yeah, different SKUs I expect. Shame.

Still tempted by Snack World. 私わちょっと日本語お話します

15 minutes ago, deKay said:

Yeah, different SKUs I expect. Shame.

Still tempted by Snack World. 私わちょっと日本語お話します

Yeah from the video I watched it seems like it could be a good one for learners, compared to Ni No Kuni which seems like it would require a higher level.

(I'm saying the following in case you're interested in learning more Japanese and not to be a pedantic asshole).

When wa is a particle you use the ha hiragana は and the o particle is written を(spelled on the keyboard as wo), so it's 私はちょっと日本語を話します

Good luck :D

• Upvote 1

I am learning Japanese. Did some at uni $hlmun years ago and have dipped in and out since. I have was is about a GCSE grade C but of course have forgotten a lot since then.

Those mistakes were the website I used to type the kana's fault ;)

9 minutes ago, deKay said:

I am learning Japanese. Did some at uni $hlmun years ago and have dipped in and out since. I have was is about a GCSE grade C but of course have forgotten a lot since then.

Those mistakes were the website I used to type the kana's fault ;)

In that case Snack World or Yokai Watch would probably be very good choices and help your study a lot without being too high a mountain to climb. You don't need a particularly high level of Japanese to play and understand a lot of games.

Was interested in Roundguard but it's on Apple Arcade today so no point buying it now!