IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

14 hours ago, deKay said:

The most important thing is that @Ed-E wrote the theme tune lyrics.

I didn't want to! :unsure:

I wanted to get BLBL to do them himself (and so did he), but it threw too many complications in to the mix in terms of credits, royalties and licensing so I had to do it.

30 minutes ago, Ed-E said:

I didn't want to! :unsure:

I wanted to get BLBL to do them himself (and so did he), but it threw too many complications in to the mix in terms of credits, royalties and licensing so I had to do it.

You did good though. Enormously catchy.

6 hours ago, Flub said:

I wish exit the gungeon let you rebind the jump and roll keys.

Yes! So weird it has a control submenu and only allows rebinding of one command.

I wasn't sure about this at first (bought blind as 150 hours of original Gungeon made me OK with giving the devs more money even if it was total shite) but I'm getting into it after a couple of hours and getting my head round it a bit more. The control issue does keep killing me though and would make it hard to alternate playing the two games for me.

Just seen that Pocket Mini Golf is currently free, when you search for it, the price shows as £1.79, but when you click on the game it will be free. This is done via a browser, assume it will be the same via the console eShop

Edit.

Seems like you need to have already purchased a QubikGames title, which includes all those free ones they had over Christmas, to get this for free.

25 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Just seen that Pocket Mini Golf is currently free, when you search for it, the price shows as £1.79, but when you click on the game it will be free. This is done via a browser, assume it will be the same via the console eShop

Stays at 1.79 all the way to the accept terms and purchase. Guess they must have fixed it. 

Do you have any imported US carts you can redeem the points from?

LADS. I'm tempted by Final Fantasy XII at half price. Is the combat turn-based? I can't work it out. It looks a bit like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - which I enjoyed - but could have done with being a little less complicated in that department.

15 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

Do you have any imported US carts you can redeem the points from?

LADS. I'm tempted by Final Fantasy XII at half price. Is the combat turn-based? I can't work it out. It looks a bit like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - which I enjoyed - but could have done with being a little less complicated in that department.

Combat isn't turn-based but rather based on a system where you set up rules for your characters to follow automatically. For example, you can have a rule that says if a party member gets to less than 20% of their health then they use a potion automatically, or if an enemy is weak to fire attacks then your party members will use fire attacks on it automatically. As the game goes on you unlock lots more of these rules (called "gambits" in the game) and it gets progressively more nuanced until you get to the point where your party can just decimate anything automatically, regardless of the situation. On paper that probably sounds like a passive experience but in practice it's immensely satisfying and the combat system is far more interesting than any turn-based system. I wouldn't say it was like Xenoblade at all.

Beyond the combat the narrative is essentially Star Wars, at least until you're about two thirds of the way through, but it's quite unusual compared to other FF games in that there's sort of an ensemble cast more than one clear protagonist. The locations are varied and detailed, the enemy models are interesting, the music is great and the voice acting is surprising good for a game of its era. Plus, there's Balthier.

It's brilliant - the best FF since VII. I played it through again on PS4 a couple of years back and it was up there with my GOTY. Buy it at once.

Any thoughts on the following which are in the sale:

Koi DX - looks relaxing, but is it fun?

SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball - the trailer looks fun but does it get too much? Eg. Can I play it with my wife and kids watching

There’s also loads of other cheap pinball games now. Are any of them worth a go or should I just get Demons Tilt?

14 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball - the trailer looks fun but does it get too much? Eg. Can I play it with my wife and kids watching

:lol:

You have to enter your age to access the game's website. If your kids are over 18 and your wife is very relaxed about "this kind of thing" then yeah, why not?;)

14 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

Any thoughts on the following which are in the sale:

Koi DX - looks relaxing, but is it fun?

Koi is boring rather than relaxing. 

SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball is pure tit frenzy.