rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

25 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Just seen that Pocket Mini Golf is currently free, when you search for it, the price shows as £1.79, but when you click on the game it will be free. This is done via a browser, assume it will be the same via the console eShop

Stays at 1.79 all the way to the accept terms and purchase. Guess they must have fixed it. 

• Empathy 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Nookie said:

Stays at 1.79 all the way to the accept terms and purchase. Guess they must have fixed it. 

Thats shame, it was showing like this for me:

ROYsMPW.png

Just the below from another forum about Pocket Mini Golf:

'The 100% discount requires that you own one of QubikGames' other games - of course, that includes the games that were given away for free around Christmas.'

I've updated my initial post.

• Upvote 4

Do you have any imported US carts you can redeem the points from?

LADS. I'm tempted by Final Fantasy XII at half price. Is the combat turn-based? I can't work it out. It looks a bit like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - which I enjoyed - but could have done with being a little less complicated in that department.

Anyone bought Doom 64? I have it’s ace. Hope they Quake and Quake II next.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

Do you have any imported US carts you can redeem the points from?

LADS. I'm tempted by Final Fantasy XII at half price. Is the combat turn-based? I can't work it out. It looks a bit like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - which I enjoyed - but could have done with being a little less complicated in that department.

Combat isn't turn-based but rather based on a system where you set up rules for your characters to follow automatically. For example, you can have a rule that says if a party member gets to less than 20% of their health then they use a potion automatically, or if an enemy is weak to fire attacks then your party members will use fire attacks on it automatically. As the game goes on you unlock lots more of these rules (called "gambits" in the game) and it gets progressively more nuanced until you get to the point where your party can just decimate anything automatically, regardless of the situation. On paper that probably sounds like a passive experience but in practice it's immensely satisfying and the combat system is far more interesting than any turn-based system. I wouldn't say it was like Xenoblade at all.

Beyond the combat the narrative is essentially Star Wars, at least until you're about two thirds of the way through, but it's quite unusual compared to other FF games in that there's sort of an ensemble cast more than one clear protagonist. The locations are varied and detailed, the enemy models are interesting, the music is great and the voice acting is surprising good for a game of its era. Plus, there's Balthier.

It's brilliant - the best FF since VII. I played it through again on PS4 a couple of years back and it was up there with my GOTY. Buy it at once.

• Upvote 4

Any thoughts on the following which are in the sale:

Koi DX - looks relaxing, but is it fun?

SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball - the trailer looks fun but does it get too much? Eg. Can I play it with my wife and kids watching

There’s also loads of other cheap pinball games now. Are any of them worth a go or should I just get Demons Tilt?

14 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball - the trailer looks fun but does it get too much? Eg. Can I play it with my wife and kids watching

:lol:

You have to enter your age to access the game's website. If your kids are over 18 and your wife is very relaxed about "this kind of thing" then yeah, why not?;)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

Any thoughts on the following which are in the sale:

Koi DX - looks relaxing, but is it fun?

Koi is boring rather than relaxing. 

SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball is pure tit frenzy. 

12 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Redeemed for 1 Gold Point... thanks.

Seems to be still £17.99 in the UK. Are you in the US?

If I do that does it split the games to different profiles? Or will I be able to see and access everything from the main games list?

1 minute ago, Lorfarius said:

If I do that does it split the games to different profiles? Or will I be able to see and access everything from the main games list?

Can play everything from the main games list. If you delete them, you have to download from the profiles where you bought them. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Only thing that changed for me is when I start a game, I then have to choose which profile to play it with (I always choose the default UK one).

So its just one extra click when playing a game.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It's going to that on the EU eshop on the 2nd April according to their Patreon.

Here is their Patreon post incase anyone wants to read it.

But as per @moosegrinder the price drops for us from the 2nd April:

US: 20th March - 9th April  

Japan:  26th March - 9th April

Europe: 2nd April - 9th April

I don't know if it's been talked about, but Doom 64 is really, really good. It passed me by back in the day (even though I think I had the cart) because it was crummy 2D sprites and old school keys-in-doors level design in the era of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark and Turok 2. Turns out it has aged better than any of them. Get on't.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Let us measure said:

I don't know if it's been talked about, but Doom 64 is really, really good. It passed me by back in the day (even though I think I had the cart) because it was crummy 2D sprites and old school keys-in-doors level design in the era-of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark and Turok 2. Turns out it has aged better than any of them. Get on't.

It's exceptionally good.  So good I started a thread about it in the Retro folder a few years ago because nobody ever talks about it.

I've been playing the new Bethesda release today on PC and presuming the Switch version is the same, it comes highly recommended.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Professor Puzzles said:

There's a demo for Disaster Report 4 out now. It's not very good.

I haven't played it but you're the first I've seen say that - everyone else has been pretty positive.

I understand the series is an acquired taste though.

• Upvote 1