rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Yeah game, icon, very nice, whatever - I had no idea Korg Gadget was on Switch! Worth it? Does it have any kind of MIDI or audio export that I can send to another DAW?

Quick question.. Are there any online strategy games, asynchronous or otherwise, that are available. Would be a very nice thing at present. Thanks 

(I'm probably forgetting about lots of them but for the life of me I can't recall any) 

Wargroove has online multiplayer, IIRC. Not sure that it would be the busiest server at this point though.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Yasawas said:

Yeah game, icon, very nice, whatever - I had no idea Korg Gadget was on Switch! Worth it? Does it have any kind of MIDI or audio export that I can send to another DAW?

It's a lot of fun and you can put together proper compositions with it, as evidenced by this Youtube user:

There's still no official song export option unfortunately (other than doing it through the headphone jack, I guess) but you can export songs using QR codes if you have KORG Gadget for iOS according to their site.

I love it anyway. It's a lot of fun to tinker around with. I got it on sale, so maybe wait till it's discounted again at some point?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

It's a lot of fun and you can put together proper compositions with it, as evidenced by this Youtube user:

There's still no official song export option unfortunately (other than doing it through the headphone jack, I guess) but you can export songs using QR codes if you have KORG Gadget for iOS according to their site.

I love it anyway. It's a lot of fun to tinker around with. I got it on sale, so maybe wait till it's discounted again at some point?

How does licensing work when you make music on this software like this?

5 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

How does licensing work when you make music on this software like this?

No idea. Anyone else know? I think a few people here used the DS/3DS version.

iOS maybe, it’s never been on a DS. I can’t think of any reason it would be different from any other music production tool? You can do what you want with it. 

10 minutes ago, milko said:

iOS maybe, it’s never been on a DS. I can’t think of any reason it would be different from any other music production tool? You can do what you want with it. 

Gadget specifically hasn't, no, but KORG software was released on the DS.

Yeah there were a couple or three. Again, I don’t think there’s any restrictions on what you could do with the output of it, it’s like buying a music DAW or synth on your computer (eg Gadget, I suppose!), what you make with it is yours to do with as you want. 

19 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Hold fire if you were planning on picking anything up in next couple of days

I was and I will - cheers. 

• Upvote 1

Why have I never heard of Pong Quest before?

Publisher Atari and developer Chequered Ink have announced PONG Quest, an RPG based on the classic virtual table tennis game. It will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam this spring for $14.99.

“PONG as an RPG is something completely unexpected, but wonderful in execution,” said Atari COO Jean-Marcel Nicolai in a press release. “We are thrilled to bring PONG Quest to life to honor the classic IP and bring the beloved gameplay to a new generation of players and RPG fans. Atari has a rich portfolio of titles and exploring new ways to breathe new life into those franchises yields exciting results.”

Looks mental and awesome in equal parts. 

• Upvote 4

Hotline Miami Collection is 50% off

Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice is 50% off

That's two on my wishlist. 

Edit: Steamworld Quest is 40% off and Thronebreaker is 30% off

• Upvote 1

Amnesia Collection is a tenner, Gris is half price at £7.49. Not a bad sale, really. 

• Upvote 1

Taiko no Tatsujin is 50% off - did the hit detection with the Joy Cons improve over the demo I played months ago?

This game has huge 'Perfect for Switch' potential but completely ruined by the implementation.

Just now, mdn2 said:

Amnesia Collection is a tenner, Gris is half price at £7.49. Not a bad sale, really. 

And for anyone who still has clean underwear after playing Amnesia, Alien (Self) Isolation is 30% off too

• Upvote 1

Wulverblade is £2.99. Got to be worth a punt at that price, right?

And for those who don't have it yet, Katamari is half price. 

Christ, few things I'd want there. Who do I need to blow for some eShop credit? ;) 

Has anyone got Pikuniku? My friend is new to console owning and she thinks that  even when her partners account plays it, it isn’t his new game but carrying on from her save. That can’t be right surely? Anyone got it and knows for sure? Thank you!

Right, bought Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, Amnesia Collection, To The Moon and Wulverblade. Should keep me quiet. 

Edit: Bought Kunai as well. :facepalm:

7 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Christ, few things I'd want there. Who do I need to blow for some eShop credit? ;) 

Someone with a two metre long dick?