rllmuk

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

10 minutes ago, Gotters said:

be interested to see the reviews of Levelhead, looks like a solid £15 MarioMaker ripoff.

option to pay £7 for an phone version, but never know how people play precise 2d platforms on touch controls, so seems like you have to pay double to get the playable version with the option of buttons.

It is fully cross-platform for one. I reviewed it for Switch and whilst it lacks a little bit of the budget of Mario Maker, it is still really good and the cross-platform sharing and saving is exceptional. 

http://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/levelhead-review/

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

Just tried the demo for Death Squared, great co-op game, was really enjoyable. Checked and annoyed with myself, seen that I just missed it being in the same, was £1.79, now back up to £11.99.

Shame

It's definitely worth it at a sale price. Me and my non-gaming mrs loved it until level 76 or so. Then it just got frustrating.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Can anyone recommend me the best visual novels available on the Switch please? I’ve never really played gone, bar The Park which I loved 

Planetarian is a very sweet and very slice of life anime kind of thing. It's also relatively very short, only 3-4 hours which suited me perfectly. It's probably a tenner at most, really lovely game, beautiful ambient music and bittersweet tone. 

• Upvote 3
21 minutes ago, deKay said:

Bury Me My Love

While it's a great game, the Switch version is massively fucked. It crashes my Switch every 5 minutes or so and looking online it seems that it's happening with all copies. 

The game itself is great, just play it elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Oh and for games that should sell well on the Switch... Lonely Mountains: Downhill comes out next week. It is glorious!

This is secretly one of the best games of last year. I obsessed with it when it released on Gamepass. 

• Upvote 3
Just now, mdn2 said:

While it's a great game, the Switch version is massively fucked. It crashes my Switch every 5 minutes or so and looking online it seems that it's happening with all copies. 

The game itself is great, just play it elsewhere. 

I've played it through three times and it hasn't crashed at all.

1 minute ago, mdn2 said:

This is secretly one of the best games of last year. I obsessed with it when it released on Gamepass. 

I played it on Gamepass... Loved it and decided I'd love it more on Switch. Wait was hard, but worth it. 

49 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Can anyone recommend me the best visual novels available on the Switch please? I’ve never really played gone, bar The Park which I loved 

Not exactly the most modern, but the Phoenix Wright Trilogy remains utterly brilliant. Dramatic, comedic courtroom drama. Just a shame the aesthetic, er, 'upgrade' is ultimately weaker than the GBA/DS originals.

Other than that, and if you're in the mood for shorter, simpler (and more cyberpunky and bar-oriented) adventures I've a lot of love for both VA11-Hall-A (bartender simulator with a warm, light narrative) and Red Strings Club (bartender simulator with a cold, heavyish narrative). No, I'm not entirely sure how cyberpunk bartender simulator became a genre either.

(If you don't mind moving away from the 'pure' visual novel format, then Oxenfree is a must, too)

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, CovisGod said:

Coffee Talk is fantastic. I played on PS4, but imagine the Switch version is just as good. http://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/coffee-talk-mhg-review/

Also, one of our team just reviewed Arcade Spirits and really liked it. http://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/arcade-spirits-review/

• Upvote 3
22 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Red Strings Club

Second this, a really interesting game with a powerful ending.

Another recommendation: Eliza, a visual novel about therapy and the implications of AI. Very well written and acted.

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

Burnout Paradise is out on the 19th of June for £44.99. Ooooof! Definitely waiting for a sale to pick that up.

Wow. £25 too expensive. 

5 hours ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

Burnout Paradise is out on the 19th of June for £44.99. Ooooof! Definitely waiting for a sale to pick that up.

The same one that's consistently about a fiver in the xbox sales? 

FUH

KING

HELL