rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

4 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I'd gladly take an NHL game. Even a retro styled one. Can't see it happening though. 

Based on the last few, I'd only accept a 94 styled one. 

• Upvote 5

The other day I fancied some tower defence and enjoyed the demo of Xmorph defense but didn't feel like paying the full 18 quid. Today it's 4.50 so I have to have it. 

From the demo it seems really cool, tower defence crossed with a shmup. 

6 hours ago, Sumire said:

I hope lots of people buy Gals Fighters as its ace and hopefully if they do, SNK will do some more Neo Geo pocket games on the Switch. The Emulation and options are great.

I hadn’t realised that the NGPC version of samurai shodown was available as a gift for people who ordered the new version of SS.

15 hours ago, Sumire said:

I hope lots of people buy Gals Fighters as its ace and hopefully if they do, SNK will do some more Neo Geo pocket games on the Switch. The Emulation and options are great.

Picked it up yesterday, maybe worth a cross-post in the fighting games thread to raise awareness! 

Really impressed with the emulation and customisation options available - I've got my charcoal black NGPC overlay just like old times. And I love the zoomed in, filtered look of the chunky sprites. 

And it plays a mean fighting game! Responsive and great fun, with everyone playing just like they do in their arcade counterpart games. I never played it back in the day, but here's hoping this fuels further NGPC emulation on the system.

Match of the Millennium next please. :hat:

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Let us measure said:

Picked it up yesterday, maybe worth a cross-post in the fighting games to raise awareness! 

Really impressed with the emulation and customisation options available - I've got my charcoal black NGPC overlay just like old times. And I love the zoomed in, filtered look of the chunky sprites. 

And it plays a mean fighting game! Responsive and great fun, with everyone playing just like they do in their arcade counterpart games. I never played it back in the day, but here's hoping this fuels further NGPC emulation on the system.

Match of the Millennium next please. :hat:

Yes, I think they did a real good job with those options , the different handheld surrounds is a nice touch, it even has a slim version. 

It looks so nice on the Switch screen, the only thing that is missing is the amazing clicky stick.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I'd gladly take an NHL game. Even a retro styled one. Can't see it happening though. 

NHLPA 94 yo! Yes I would buy that.

I finished Valfaris the other day. It's so good. One of the best platform action games I've ever played. Bosses are great! 

• Upvote 2

On 02/05/2020 at 11:04, moosegrinder said:

28th March - Itta. Switch, about 4 hours.

I reviewed it for MHG here http://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/itta-review/?fbclid=IwAR3sgqtQa-EBlML0W8jCzpDYoxmGahAznQx94svig21gYtbsUMpvy2GkAZA

TL;DR - It's short, but intriguing. The gameplay seems a bit incidental, like the developers wanted to tell the story more than make the game. I enjoyed it, mind.

Meant to share this in here as well as the finished games thread.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, womble9 said:

Friendly suggestion that it might be an idea to spoiler that :).

Done. You could delete this quote too!

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell, Flinthook is goooood. I mean, absolutely absurdly good.

I think I'm quite lucky (in a very weird, perverse way) that this went on sale whilst I was furloughed as there is absolutely no way I'd have had the time and energy to get to the skill level the game requires.

Because this game is incredibly tough. But the dopamine inducing drip-feed of perks and unlocks, combined with the eternal, never-ending boredom that is my current life has meant that I have played this a lot.

And the end result is that I think I'm better at this than any action game since Halo CE. And I've only just beaten the third boss. I imagine that actually good players can pull off some utterly ridiculous moves.

I'm going to take a rest now as my heart is pounding and I can't take any more. Gonna start attempting the final bounty tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but Cuphead is currently on sale for about £12.49.

I reckon it's not on sale that often, compared to other stuff, but has it ever been on the eshop cheaper than this? I've fancied it for a bit, so might shell out, but it's "only" 25% off it's RRP of about £16.99, so if it's gone cheaper I'll hold out for a bit longer. 

4 minutes ago, Parksey said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but Cuphead is currently on sale for about £12.49.

I reckon it's not on sale that often, compared to other stuff, but has it ever been on the eshop cheaper than this? I've fancied it for a bit, so might shell out, but it's "only" 25% off it's RRP of about £16.99, so if it's gone cheaper I'll hold out for a bit longer. 

https://en.psprices.com/region-gb/game/2779828/cuphead suggests this is it's cheapest price so far :) Worth bookmarking for this kind of information. It's also often easier to navigate than console stores to see what's in a new sale.

2 hours ago, earlymodernsteve said:

https://en.psprices.com/region-gb/game/2779828/cuphead suggests this is it's cheapest price so far :) Worth bookmarking for this kind of information. It's also often easier to navigate than console stores to see what's in a new sale.

I bought it in the current sale as it must be at least 6 months since the last time it was reduced.

16 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Easily one of the best games of this, or any year.... Seriously? :mellow:

If you give it time, it's fantastic. I put tens of hours into the Xbox version and I'm gonna be there day one for the Switch port. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Easily one of the best games of this, or any year.... Seriously? :mellow:

For me? Yes. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, bradigor said:

For me? Yes. 

OK.... sceptically SOLD. Will report back.

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

If you give it time, it's fantastic. I put tens of hours into the Xbox version and I'm gonna be there day one for the Switch port. 

Hang on, is it not out yet on Switch?

2 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Hang on, is it not out yet on Switch?

It's out on Thursday. 

• Upvote 1

Does Undertale ever go on sale? My son is keen to spend some pocket money on it, after some of his mates have raves about it. Fine by me but if it drops regularly I’ll tell him to hold fire. 

30 minutes ago, Twinbee said:

Does Undertale ever go on sale? My son is keen to spend some pocket money on it, after some of his mates have raves about it. Fine by me but if it drops regularly I’ll tell him to hold fire. 

Yes, I keep seeing Undertale in the sale. I've nearly bitten several times but already got a backlog. Hard to say when it will be reduced again but might be worth waiting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Twinbee said:

How old is your son? It's not really a game I'd recommend to children, not because of violence or swearing or anything like that, but I think you need to be of a certain age and to have a decent understanding of the history of videogames to get the jokes, which is essentially all the game is; the actual gameplay is paper thin.

15 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

How old is your son? It's not really a game I'd recommend to children, not because of violence or swearing or anything like that, but I think you need to be of a certain age and to have a decent understanding of the history of videogames to get the jokes, which is essentially all the game is; the actual gameplay is paper thin.

He's 12 and a half. He's fairly well-versed in older games, as we still have SNES, Gamecube, Xbox, Spectrum, GBA, etc in the house.

He also likes games that are just a bit mad. He got surprisingly good at Trap Adventure 2.

• Upvote 3

Bomb chicken is 50% off so taken a punt on that.

Also had a pop at some ATV game which looks a bit like Pure, it was 95% off and I'm sure it's going to be great and wasn't marked up at that price originally like some cheap nasty DFS sofa ready for an eye catching 'sale' price

5 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Hyper Light Drifter on sale too. 

Briiiiiilliant game, that.

• Upvote 1

I’m tempted to sink some time into a Switch MMO, has anyone played DC Universe? Is there any other decent MMOs on the Switch or is that about it? Id love something like Elder Scrolls Online or Warcraft