rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

15 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Not quite - the discount is only for those that already own other titles from Forever Entertainment - but some of those are really cheap (stuff like Timberman VS)

Ah so that's what's going on there!!

How about Biolab Wars perhaps? 

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Biolab-Wars-1683045.html

£1.79 (so kind of free with PD if you buy it before PD) and it gets pretty good reviews too. 

https://twobeardgaming.com/2019/11/biolab-wars-nintendo-switch-review/

https://midlifegamergeek.com/2019/11/17/biolab-wars-switch/

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

It came out in March this year. 

How long ago was that?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

It came out in March this year. 

Not sure how I missed that. Was there other stuff happening in March?

32 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

How long ago was that?

About 18 months ago I think. 

• Upvote 2

I completely missed the release of Castle Crashers. Has it been in a sale yet?

1 hour ago, drmick said:

I completely missed the release of Castle Crashers. Has it been in a sale yet?

Nope.

10 hours ago, mdn2 said:

20% off Panzer Dragoon at the minute. It's just had a huge QoL patch with new gyro controls as well. 

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Panzer-Dragoon-Remake-1575342.html

The perfomance 60fps mode on this is actually pretty close to hitting 60 and tends to bounce around between 55 to 60. It's an unlocked framerate.

Seemed smooth in handheld.

On 11/05/2020 at 09:41, Unofficial Who said:

A friend of mine has a child younger than 12 and he loves Undertale. You could try out deltarune:Chapter 1 to see if he likes the style (it's free but Undertale enthusiasts would probably counsel you to play Undertale first because otherwise you miss a few callbacks even though it's not a prequel or sequel.)

deltarune uses the phrase

Reveal hidden contents

Piss off

twice but it doesn't really get more adult than that.

Yeah he’s absolutely loving Undertale. It’s the humour that really makes it for him. He’s trying to do the ‘pacifist’ play through, and some of the characters’ reactions to battles where you don’t fight (like the dog guardian whose neck gets longer every time you let him) is right up his surreal street. 

• Upvote 2

I really liked Super Mega Baseball 2, but £35 for version 3 out yesterday seems too much, one to wait for a sale on.

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

I really liked Super Mega Baseball 2, but £35 for version 3 out yesterday seems too much, one to wait for a sale on.

Indeed. £20 seems a bit more reasonable. Played the demo and in handheld it's got a bit of a blurry look in parts. Still plays well though. 

On 07/05/2020 at 20:45, CovisGod said:

Void Bastards looks great! Looks a bit Borderlands, how long is it? Decent whack of story?

I've 

started playing this again and my memory has kicked in.

You get assigned a random prisoner and some basic supplies. Each prisoner had a random skill set and can have beneficial or detrimental effects (my last prisoner yelled every time they looted something :seanr:).

You then fly through the galaxy boarding derelicts and looting them for supplies to build more shit to help you get deeper into the system to loot more ship and... Well I'm not sure what the ultimate goal is.

Each derelict is unique. Some contain loot for crafting, harder enemies, just be loaded with loot and very little else, be bastard difficulty etc

I'm really enjoying it and wondering why I stopped playing. Probably time. Full disclosure however; I'm playing on game pass and probably wouldn't pay 25 quid for it. Somewhere between 15 and 20 maybe

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Indeed. £20 seems a bit more reasonable. Played the demo and in handheld it's got a bit of a blurry look in parts. Still plays well though. 

It is a very deep baseball game wrapped in cut graphics. I can see why it should seem like it could be cheaper, but I also see why it is the price it is. I can see it being on sale sooner rather than later. 

21 minutes ago, bradigor said:

It is a very deep baseball game wrapped in cut graphics. I can see why it should seem like it could be cheaper, but I also see why it is the price it is. I can see it being on sale sooner rather than later. 

yup, it plays a nice game, but a quick go on the demo for 3 didn't reveal any new mechanics over 2, and they can't even claim roster updates like the FIFAs & Maddens 

2 was around the £20 mark so the price bump may be worth it if its your first game in the series, but I didn't immediately see anything to make it worth £35 as an upgrade.

They've added a franchise mode over just playing a season, that may be a big deal for the more committed

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2020/5/13/21257727/super-mega-baseball-3-review-switch-ps4-pc-xbox-one

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/53684/super-mega-baseball-3-switch-review

16 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Yeah I appreciate the game is more sim than it's appearance suggests. Just think it's a bit pricey for the amount of play I would likely get out of it. I like the look of the Japanese only baseball game (Power Pros) but that's even more expensive! (Plus loads of Japanese text)

Both fair points and the price is something I will discuss in my review. 

I find it better than The Show personally as it can be tailored for anyone to get what they want from it with the EGO setting. I'd say it was more the GRID to The Show's iRacing in that respect. 

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Both fair points and the price is something I will discuss in my review. 

I find it better than The Show personally as it can be tailored for anyone to get what they want from it with the EGO setting. I'd say it was more the GRID to The Show's iRacing in that respect. 

I like the edit mode as well. Did you find it a bit juddery at all? Seemed like it was dropping below 60 at times. Maybe handheld only? 

1 minute ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I like the edit mode as well. Did you find it a bit juddery at all? Seemed like it was dropping below 60 at times. Maybe handheld only? 

I'm the worst person to ask that of. It seems fine to me. 

33 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Also, Dungeon of the Endless hits this week and it is a wonderful game still and a brilliant port to the Switch. Here is my review

http://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/dungeon-of-the-endless-review/

Really enjoying your reviews, @bradigor. This line particularly, "There aren’t enough hours in the day and I was trying to make a pun about needing them to be Endless, but yeah, that didn’t work."

Dungeon of the Endless is another on my must try list.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mawdlin said:

Really enjoying your reviews, @bradigor. This line particularly, "There aren’t enough hours in the day and I was trying to make a pun about needing them to be Endless, but yeah, that didn’t work."

Dungeon of the Endless is another on my must try list.

Thanks, appreciate it. 

I decided with MHG that I am not a paid up professional writer and that my ADHD makes it difficult for me to use the 'clever' words and just to do what feels right. As long as it is readable that is the main thing*. I just wanted to give honest opinions without the shackles of a scoring system too. Which is something we discuss in the podcast this week too. 

*cue everyone telling me it isn't at all readable ;)

• Upvote 1

The baseball game’s price probably makes more sense in countries where they play a lot of it. I do enjoy 2 but I’m not sure I need the sequel any time soon really for all I know what I’m doing. 

Elder Scrolls: Blades has appeared on the eShop. It's free so might as well give it a go and see how it is before it begs for micro-transactions. 

3 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Elder Scrolls: Blades has appeared on the eShop. It's free so might as well give it a go and see how it is before it begs for micro-transactions. 

It's awful.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Flub said:

It's awful.

Well, it'll be deleted pretty sharpish then won't it :lol:

12 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Well, it'll be deleted pretty sharpish then won't it :lol:

Trying to save you some time :)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Flub said:

Wow. I'm a sucker for nostalgia for many aspects of gaming history, since I started back in the mid-70s and have a lot to look back on fondly.

But CGA graphics isn't one of them.

• Upvote 1

It's already out on PC on steam for 5.99. Seems to be an Another World style game