Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

1 hour ago, therearerules said:

Was going to get Pillars of Eternity, but apparently that's really buggy on the Switch. Anybody here got it?

Don't do it man. I have it and have long-since abandoned it; it's such a bug-ridden mess. Incorrect textures and garbled text from the start and frequent crashes when you get later in.

If you're after a solid RPG for the Switch and an example of a port done right, Divinity Original Sin 2 is the one to get, though I appreciate that may not be in the sale (haven't looked).

1 hour ago, Mawdlin said:

Choices, choices. Games in the sale I have to have but can't because I already have a backlog:

Slay the Spire

Murder by Numbers

My Friend Pedro

Katana Zero

Will definitely get the first two but of the last two they seem similar in style. Which is better?

Just get Slay the Spire and forget about the rest. Seriously, it is in the running for Game of Ever. Right up there with Dark Souls and the like. Ive put 1,200 hours into it, I still play it every day, and I still learn new things every day. Its amazing!

1 minute ago, kempstar said:

Just get Slay the Spire and forget about the rest. Seriously, it is in the running for Game of Ever. Right up there with Dark Souls and the like. Ive put 1,200 hours into it, I still play it every day, and I still learn new things every day. Its amazing!

I wish I “got” Slay The Spire. I played it for an hour and that was enough for me. I didn’t like that there was seemingly no permanent progression or levelling up etc. I apologise in advance as I know it’s held in incredibly high regard here.

@therearerules thanks for the recommendation of Stories Untold, watched a review and it looks great

17 hours ago, therearerules said:

Sale's pretty amazing. Was going to get Pillars of Eternity, but apparently that's really buggy on the Switch. Anybody here got it?

Apparently the main bugs were fixed in a patch. I haven't been back to it to check though, but I did like what I played beforehand.

EDIT: Nope, it's still borked. Some stuff has been fixed but it's still a mess.

2 hours ago, therearerules said:

Sale's pretty amazing. Was going to get Pillars of Eternity, but apparently that's really buggy on the Switch. Anybody here got it?

Avoid. I got a refund on it, that’s how widely acknowledged it is as a buggy shambles. 

3 hours ago, Popo said:

Give in to temptation, Ori is brilliant. :D

See I have enough of a hard time buying things as it is (someone at work once memorably said "christ dave how have you bought anything?"), but £10.49 on switch verses £3.99 on steam and it becomes even harder.  Do I want it on portable or on pc?

Stories Untold sounds interesting. Is it on Xbox?

I barely play my switch and prefer to buy any crossplatforms on Xbox. 

Edit- bought it in switch. Will add it to the 40 games I have installed that i need to play. 

@Jolly G-LOC is still great, albeit a bit more straight forward than most of the SEGA AGES releases. To me, it's a three minute absolute blast, though, even on the small screen. 

Fire 

Fire

Fire

Fire

Fire

Fire

Fire

Fire

Fire

34 minutes ago, deKay said:

Bought Untold Stories but you can’t save your game, which is a massive fucking pain.

Bollocks, I have just bought that as well. I rarely get time to sit down for any great length of time to play these days. 

35 minutes ago, Dig Dug said:

So far picked up Flashback, Hyper Sentinel and then saw this game called shikhondo soul eater, took one look at the screenshots and knew I had to have it.

Review here of Shikhondo from a youtuber who only ever reviews shmups, it seems like it's a very decent game for less than 4 quid, as well as looking unique. 

The switch really is a mecca for obscure gems. 

I'll be picking up the Walking Dead seasons, I think. I've been on the hunt for the definitive version for PS4 for the last few weeks now but it seems to be pretty rare for some reason. The final season for Switch is about £12 at The Game Collection, too, for those looking for the full series.

8 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

You can still suspend, I assume. It's only an issue if you leap from game to game every 30 minutes.

You can, but with a family all needing to play Animal Crossing, yes, yes it is.