Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

I’m having a very frustrating time with using a card on the eshop. It says all 3 of my cards don’t allow use on eshop.  I shut down a couple of credit cards recently including the one I used to use for eshop.  

ive used the 3 remaining cards loads of times on other  online shops.

Any ideas on how I fix this problem as I really want to get Eliza before the 50% offer runs out at midnight 

19 minutes ago, sandman said:

I’m having a very frustrating time with using a card on the eshop. It says all 3 of my cards don’t allow use on eshop.  I shut down a couple of credit cards recently including the one I used to use for eshop.  

Any ideas on how I fix this problem as I really want to get Eliza before the 50% offer runs out at midnight 

PayPal? EShop credit?

1 hour ago, Jonny5 said:

PayPal? EShop credit?

Never done PayPal. Eshop credit well I used a place a week or two back but they had a fee. 

Ah well, never mind, but looking more long term, how on earth do I fix it?  I only really buy digitally on the switch, my PS4 I buy physical and bone I just use gamepass 

I have the same problem with my cards. I spoke with a few people at Nintendo about it, and was eventually told that the eShop just blocks cards all the time, with seemingly no rhyme or reason to it, and occasionally they start working again if you don't attempt any eShop transactions with them for a month or two.

Hasn't worked for me, and the cards work fine with everything else. Seems like an odd system but this is Nintendo, so...

Runner 3 at 98p is hard to moan too much about but its a frustrating game - there is a special place in gaming hell for any collectathon precision running/platformer that intentionally hides what you are trying to collect behind layers of parallax at the front of the screen on only the first few levels. 

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, Mitchell said:

Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 rumoured for November....Sunshine!!!  

Replace Sunshine with any other Mario game then that is a perfect collection.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

51 games feels more special than it deserves to be, but it still feels special. I really don't understand why quite yet. I had the ability to play against a stranger at connect 4 twenty years ago. It's just nice to grab that thing first thing in the morning and have a quick game before getting up.

What's the generation after millenial? Teach them 3 in row with space to either side is checkmate. Still satisfying. They never take a rematch.

• Upvote 2
17 hours ago, sandman said:

Have you contacted the card issuer? They might have blocked the transaction due to a false-positive anti-fraud check.

37 minutes ago, Phil said:

Have you contacted the card issuer? They might have blocked the transaction due to a false-positive anti-fraud check.

No, its not the card issuer

Pack Master has 10% off so grabbed it for £4.04. Lots of fun and beginning to get really tricky. I’m not sure where these people are going that they need avocados and shurikens though! 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, makkuwata said:

51 games feels more special than it deserves to be, but it still feels special. I really don't understand why quite yet. I had the ability to play against a stranger at connect 4 twenty years ago. It's just nice to grab that thing first thing in the morning and have a quick game before getting up.

What's the generation after millenial? Teach them 3 in row with space to either side is checkmate. Still satisfying. They never take a rematch.

Something I love about 51 games is there's a good mix of games. 

That's a quick way of saying it. A longer way would be that they've got such a good mix of classic turn based games with proper strategy, eg chess, proper dexterity games with strategy, eg golf, billiards, curling. And then a range of random dice roll, party games like darts or bowling, pure random card games for different ages. It seems to fit a variety of moods for me and my other half to play a quick game against each other. It's so nicely polished to boot. 

• Upvote 3
14 hours ago, Laine said:

Pack Master has 10% off so grabbed it for £4.04. Lots of fun and beginning to get really tricky. I’m not sure where these people are going that they need avocados and shurikens though! 

I know. Lovely little game isn't it?

15 hours ago, Laine said:

I’m not sure where these people are going that they need avocados and shurikens though! 

You tried slicing an avocado with nunchucks?

Those are for making guacamole with it.

• Upvote 1

Is it really the case that in a thread full of impulsive overspenders nobody picked up Invisible Inc? I want to know how it handles, worried it might be a bit too wee.

I picked it up immediately and it's perfectly legible in handheld mode (and honestly, text/UI size is hugely important to me). Some of the contextual controls need a bit of getting used to but it's nothing too tricky. Only played for a while but it's fantastic.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

Perfect, thanks! I had it on PS4 and loved it but always wanted it handheld. I can probably justify a repurchase given I haven't had a PS4 for a few years.

A saw a tweet showing how in handheld mode they have zoomed the camera in closer etc. Looked well thought out. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Chooch said:

A saw a tweet showing how in handheld mode they have zoomed the camera in closer etc. Looked well thought out. 

I've never really had a problem with small text/UI on Switch, even on games like Divinity and Civ, but I just had a weird feeling this could be problematic so that's good to hear. Probably because it just released with no warning.