Jump to content

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)


Recommended Posts

I've been watching some videos of Burnout Paradise and it looks pretty rubbish compared to any other version, including the original 360/PS3 versions, all low-res jagged and shimmery so everything in the distance looks like a smudgy mess, and whatever filters they added for the remaster makes everything look murky and dull. Disappointing.

 

EDIT: It's still 60fps though, which is nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2020 at 20:49, Jolly said:

Love Assault Android Cactus so much I picked it up on the Switch despite already having it on PS4.

 

If I'm completely honest, I find the Switch version a bit difficult to play handheld when my hands get a bit sweaty. Think the Joy-Con sticks are a little small.

 

But the game is a cracker and in the genre it's only below Robotron, Nex Machina and Geometry Wars 2 for me. 

 

I'm really enjoying Assault Android Cactus, picked it up in last week's sale. The implementation of friends leaderboards is really good so I've set about tackling some of you guys' scores. Looks like there's a daily challenge level too which you only get one try at. Definitely one of the best twin stick shooters, very slick. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted in ATF but thought I'd try here also. I have just has Zelda BOTW digital code bought for me for fathers day & already have it. Missus is pretty upset as this is the first time she's ever attempted to get anything gaming related for me - researched it all herself; great choice - and as she understands there's no possible exchange or refund. It was purchased online from Smyths 5 days ago.

 

Does anyone know what my options might be? If no chance of an exchange with the shop then where might I exchange/sell this online? Feel really bad for her and would love a resolution.

  • Empathy 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Baz said:

Posted in ATF but thought I'd try here also. I have just has Zelda BOTW digital code bought for me for fathers day & already have it. Missus is pretty upset as this is the first time she's ever attempted to get anything gaming related for me - researched it all herself; great choice - and as she understands there's no possible exchange or refund. It was purchased online from Smyths 5 days ago.

 

Does anyone know what my options might be? If no chance of an exchange with the shop then where might I exchange/sell this online? Feel really bad for her and would love a resolution.

 

Only way will likely be to sell here and get back as much as you can. Use that to then get eShop credit to spend.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is I think Behold the Kickmen will only appeal to those that like football, or at least the basic concept of say, Speedball (the original) which it almost more closely represents.  It's actually a pretty difficult game of near football to play.

 

But it's £3.  It's a Mastertronic budget game in 2020 and for that it's perfect.  It's the best Speedball like game since Speedball and showing off the intro and tutorial to anyone will give them some laughs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate football and just completed Kickmen having bought it for the second time. Love it.

 

I wouldn’t say it was difficult though - I didn’t lose a single match and the closest I came to losing was 6-4. Most games I won by 10+ goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/06/2020 at 22:23, deerokus said:

I picked up The Coma 2, a Korean horror/adventure game sort of thing that seems quite good so far and has good reviews. Although the most disturbing thing so far is that school kids in South Korea are in school until 10pm, fuck sake. 

 

I taught English there for a while and it is awful for them. They barely get to have a childhood.

  • Empathy 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a couple of Johnny Turbo arcade games on sale for 2 bucks each on the USA store - I have an account but I cannot use my card or paypal account to complete the purchase. What are my options?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

There are a couple of Johnny Turbo arcade games on sale for 2 bucks each on the USA store - I have an account but I cannot use my card or paypal account to complete the purchase. What are my options?

 

Yep, that's the nature of the US eShop, unfortunately. You'll have to get credit via CDKeys or maybe PlayAsia. It tends not to work out especially cheap given the mark-up on US credit. I've only ever bought stuff off there when it's released early or the sale is exceptionally deep. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonnyalpha said:

There are several games in that series on sale on the UK shop. Have you looked at those?

I think they're all on sale for less than 2 quid, but it's worth noting that not all of them are available on the UK eshop, presumably for licensing reasons. Night Slashers for example, which is the only one I want to play! 

 

 

It's a weird lineup of very old b and c-tier Data East stuff, for the most part. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, deerokus said:

I think they're all on sale for less than 2 quid, but it's worth noting that not all of them are available on the UK eshop, presumably for licensing reasons. Night Slashers for example, which is the only one I want to play! 

 

 

It's a weird lineup of very old b and c-tier Data East stuff, for the most part. 

Night Slashers is the one I want! It’s $1.99 and not available on the UK store. I’ll see if I can find $8 worth of other stuff to make it worth my while. Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.