Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

I watched a Jeremy Parish stream of Drill Land earlier and seeing him play it at about a tenth of the speed I’d assumed you were meant to made a bit of a difference when I went back to it. 

I’m still shite but I might end up getting it now. I’m weak to how bright and happy and Katamariesque the front end is if nothing else. 

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, deerokus said:

I had a bug where an enemy went all freaky and then there were hunners. My pal couldn't pick up health. This is on first two levels 

Yeah, I just ran into a bug after getting the secret rocket launcher on the first level- I shot the enemy flying out of the skip several times and the rockets went right through him and exploded in the distance. Doesn't bode well if I'm seeing something that game-breaking on the third enemy I encounter.

9 hours ago, Yasawas said:

I watched a Jeremy Parish stream of Drill Land earlier and seeing him play it at about a tenth of the speed I’d assumed you were meant to made a bit of a difference when I went back to it. 

I’m still shite but I might end up getting it now. I’m weak to how bright and happy and Katamariesque the front end is if nothing else. 

If I know anything about you @Professor Puzzles, I know how you love to mash that A button. That'll get you partway in Mr. Driller, but the rest is about learning when it's safe to drop down, when to wait for X blocks to combo themselves into oblivion and when to skip oxygen tanks that aren't needed right then.

It all becomes ridiculously addictive. 

EDIT: I of course meant @Yasawas! I don't know what @Professor Puzzles has to do with anything! 

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

I see Graveyard Keeper is 50% off. I enjoyed Stardew Valley, would anyone recommend? I missed it on GamePass. 

When I played it on GamePass it was really good fun right up to the last portion of the game where it turned into an interminable grind fest. You'd have to do some leg work to see if they've changed it.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, RastanSaga said:

R-type dimensions ex is on sale. I already downloaded the demo.....I'm going to purchase it soon.

Sorry in case, I've only had a switch around 3 weeks, so I'm new to learning the shop stuff and what comes around on sale and things like that.

This may belong in discussion, but I downloaded Yoshis crafted world demo too and I think I'm going to enjoy the full game. Reviews look quite respective too 

Yoshi is incredible. We’ve had it since October and the kids and me are still playing it.  
It’s charming, funny, tricky and gorgeous. You’ll never regret having it. 

• Upvote 1
On 21/06/2020 at 10:12, Baz said:

Posted in ATF but thought I'd try here also. I have just has Zelda BOTW digital code bought for me for fathers day & already have it. Missus is pretty upset as this is the first time she's ever attempted to get anything gaming related for me - researched it all herself; great choice - and as she understands there's no possible exchange or refund. It was purchased online from Smyths 5 days ago.

Does anyone know what my options might be? If no chance of an exchange with the shop then where might I exchange/sell this online? Feel really bad for her and would love a resolution.

Thought I should update this to say Smyths were great and have refunded the money after I emailed them.

What game to get in place though? Scouring this thread for inspiration and looking for something I can pick up easily for 5 minutes at a time. Yoshi's Crafted World looks great actually. How does this compare with New Super Mario Bros, Mario Odyssey or the new Mario Kart for a Nintendo fan who has been out of the loop since the Gamecube? Going to be 1 player only played on a Switch Lite.

3 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

Yoshi is incredible. We’ve had it since October and the kids and me are still playing it.  
It’s charming, funny, tricky and gorgeous. You’ll never regret having it. 

:)

I get paid next week, I'm going to pick it up :)

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, RastanSaga said:

:)

I get paid next week, I'm going to pick it up :)

Good work - you won’t regret it. 
If it’s for kids try the mellow mode - Yoshi can float so it’s a lot more forgiving. 

• Upvote 1
On 25/06/2020 at 08:53, Let us measure said:

... most cheerful commentary ever (On the greeeeen!!)... 

I've played for about an hour or so and I think this voice sample alone may be worth the entrance fee.

“Player one is having a baaad day.”

I had a great DotEmu port of Turf Masters for my Android phone but it doesn’t seem to be on iOS for some reason. Was it incompatible with an update maybe? Boo. 

7 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

“Player one is having a baaad day.”

I had a great DotEmu port of Turf Masters for my Android phone but it doesn’t seem to be on iOS for some reason. Was it incompatible with an update maybe? Boo. 

I have it. It still works with iOS 13, but isn’t available to purchase anymore, and it hasn’t been updated for three years either.

Spent some more time with gals fighters.

It's really enjoyable and the art in the manual is fab.

Code mystics are pretty good at what they do.

I only would of preferred m2 for street fighter anniversary.

4 hours ago, Stejay said:

I have it. It still works with iOS 13, but isn’t available to purchase anymore, and it hasn’t been updated for three years either.

That’s even worse! Bah. 

We need a new Mario Golf. It’s bizarre the Switch has been out over three years, taken over the world and yet the best two golf games on it are from the mid-90s: Turf Masters and Kirby. 

• Upvote 3
27 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Anyone tried Urban Flow? Looks interesting in a sort of Conduct Together way...

I’ve bought it - its quite interesting as is very cleanly executed and both chill and maddening to play at the same time.

When you flow and get the lights right its so relaxing, then it all stacks up and goes wrong (my fault, not bad game design)

Urban Trials new release looks ok too from trailer

38 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

That’s even worse! Bah. 

We need a new Mario Golf. It’s bizarre the Switch has been out over three years, taken over the world and yet the best two golf games on it are from the mid-90s: Turf Masters and Kirby. 

and the others are Golf Story and What the Golf?

• Upvote 1