Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

5 hours ago, Popo said:

Intentionally or not, it isn’t fun to play. 

I had a lot of fun with it. And then I bought it a second time and had a lot of fun with it again.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, AK Bell said:

To be more positive, I sacked off Kickmen for Blossom Tales which is half price at the mo and love it.

That's exactly the sort of game I'm looking for at the moment, going to pick it up. 

21 minutes ago, Stejay said:

I’m going to have to block you if you keep posting reviews. I keep reading about fantastic games that I probably wouldn’t have heard of, and then buying them despite not having time to play any of them at the moment!

I'll start doing some AAA games so I can shit on them instead ;)

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, bradigor said:

I'll start doing some AAA games so I can shit on them instead ;)

Haha!  Seriously though, loving the reviews.  Great work.

• Upvote 1

Very early impressions of Cross Code are awesome, in gameplay terms it's an unusual mix of dual joystick shooter, puzzle game and a 90s action rpg. Something like Alundra. 

5 hours ago, deerokus said:

Very early impressions of Cross Code are awesome, in gameplay terms it's an unusual mix of dual joystick shooter, puzzle game and a 90s action rpg. Something like Alundra. 

How is the sluggish menus etc that the reviews mention?

Was having a little look in the Coming Soon page on the the eShop yesterday while waiting for CrossCode to become available when I saw this.

Presented without comment, though with a censored NSFW warning

• Upvote 2

There needs to be some sort of curation on the eshop from Nintendo now, the amount of low-effort piss-poor shite going for around a fiver is unbelievable, targeted at casual customers who deserve better. It makes me angry, as you know some people are going to get ripped off, while decent looking games like Shudder from a forumite (APM?) on here apparently have a hard time getting through the approval process. What the hell are Nintendo playing at?

• Upvote 3

there is far too much shit, its getting like the old xbox live indie store where games were sold for 80 points.

there is the £2 at launch shit, then the sneaky £10 at launch so it can be sold for 90p a few weeks later with a big '90% off sale' banner.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it's frustrating that a Cooking Mama game that melts consoles and wasn't even authorised by the IP owners makes it to the eShop, but legit, well-crafted games from smaller devs are declined. Did they ever give a reason for turning Shudder away?

XBLIG was great, though, because MS were fairly open about the fact it was a bit of a lawless frontier. You knew every purchase was a bit of a gamble, but the community did a decent job of reviewing a lot of that stuff.

Nintendo’s brand is family friendly fare - Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, Labo, Animal Crossing, etc. 

Why on earth would they pollute that with Wanking Simulator DX or Perving at Massive Anime Diddies: The Card Game?

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Popo said:

Nintendo’s brand is family friendly fare - Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, Labo, Animal Crossing, etc. 

Why on earth would they pollute that with Wanking Simulator DX or Perving at Massive Anime Diddies: The Card Game?

Animi has been popular in Japan since the 1980's. 

31 minutes ago, Quest said:

They seem to have convinced themselves that parental controls mean anything on the eShop is fair game. 

I agree with this though. No reason not to have adult games on it, same as any other platform.

Shit games though, that's a different problem.

(I would like to be able to hide some of the risque icons from my home screen though. No I'm not a perv just some games have massive animenorks as icons)

3 hours ago, friedgold said:

Was having a little look in the Coming Soon page on the the eShop yesterday while waiting for CrossCode to become available when I saw this.

Presented without comment, though with a censored NSFW warning

I’m playing with motion controls!

• Upvote 9
1 hour ago, Quest said:

XBLIG was great, though, because MS were fairly open about the fact it was a bit of a lawless frontier. You knew every purchase was a bit of a gamble, but the community did a decent job of reviewing a lot of that stuff.

Chet and Jon's!

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, deKay said:

I agree with this though. No reason not to have adult games on it, same as any other platform.

I agree, mostly. I just think it clashes with Nintendo's image a bit, and that they're overestimating how many people know about or enable parental controls.

2 hours ago, Stejay said:

Chet and Jon's!

Exactly! :wub:

I think someone here had a website covering XBLIG, too, though they eventually ran off to GAF/Era.