Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

2 hours ago, f2097 said:

Every now and then I see another glowing review for Roki. I know it's out on Steam, but is there any news on the Switch release? The last thing I saw just said it was 'soon'.

Annoyingly, still just down as TBD. The wait for Indie games between Steam and consoles is enough to make you turn to PCs :)

14 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Can’t decide between Doom 2 and Doom 64 in the “Quakeconn at home” sale. 

Both are £1.99!

The cheaper something is the longer I deliberate over it for some reason, even when I know they’re all great as in this case. It’s a sickness. Every day I check out Amazon’s Kindle deals and end up doing an absurd amount of research on whether a book is worth 99p and yet I can spend £40 on a new release game with far less drama. Fuck knows what’s wrong with me. 

Incidentally thanks! I’ve just bought Doom 64 as it was the only one I still needed. 

• Empathy 1
11 hours ago, earlymodernsteve said:

Annoyingly, still just down as TBD. The wait for Indie games between Steam and consoles is enough to make you turn to PCs :)

Except you can't use pc's on the bog :P

• Upvote 1

How is the doom 64 port on the switch?  I had doom 64 on the N64 and it was unplayable dark and the controls were terrible.  It is however the only doom I havent played through.

7 minutes ago, tenrou said:

How is the doom 64 port on the switch?  I had doom 64 on the N64 and it was unplayable dark and the controls were terrible.  It is however the only doom I havent played through.

Apparently incredible aside from the complete bullshit final boss.

Doom or Wolfenestein 2 on he current sale? I personally don't play fps games any more as they tend now to give me motion sickness.

My boys do play them a fair bit especially fortnight and splattoon so wondering which of these two older school shooters to pick up for them in the sale. Already got Crysis which they seemed to think was pretty good.

3 minutes ago, mwaawm said:

Doom or Wolfenestein 2 on he current sale? I personally don't play fps games any more as they tend now to give me motion sickness.

My boys do play them a fair bit especially fortnight and splattoon so wondering which of these two older school shooters to pick up for them in the sale. Already got Crysis which they seemed to think was pretty good.

Doom might do you in with motion sickness, it's fairly rapid. Unless it's not the speed that causes it?

21 minutes ago, mwaawm said:

Somewhat late to the party I first played Doom when it first came to game pass and was a bit, yeah it’s ok. I then got stuck into again it when a couple of rewards quests dictated so and that time round it bit! For me it’s got that great “solid” feel to it’s gunplay / combat that so many FPSs lack and when I finally scratched below the surface there was way more to it (I hate to leave a bit of a map uninvestigated) than I’d originally thought / realised. 

If you’ve got an Xbox (on the one X it’s 4K and looks great) it’s currently on sale there for a very wallet friendly £7.49. 

Deku Deals Just notified me that Monkey Ball has gone 50% off for first time, down to £17.50.

Still too much but I’ll give it a go at that price as unlikely to be lower

I bought a game yesterday for £30, today it has been discounted to £15. Can I do anything about this, or is it tough shit? I know Amazon will refund you the price difference if something gets reduced shortly after you buy it.

2 hours ago, Gotters said:

Deku Deals Just notified me that Monkey Ball has gone 50% off for first time, down to £17.50.

Still too much but I’ll give it a go at that price as unlikely to be lower

Did they also make it good?

• Upvote 2
On 07/08/2020 at 12:03, rgraves said:

Or, for another option on Switch, Bulletstorm is available and often cheap as well...

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Bulletstorm-Duke-of-Switch-Edition-1631472.html

Having never played it before it landed on the eshop, I played through bulletstorm twice, with barely a few days in between. It’s a right old laugh and looks great on a Switch.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

Great to see that Oceanhorn 2 is coming to the Switch later this year

Played it on Apple Arcade, it’s alright but a but disappointing IMO if you’re expecting it to be like Zelda or something, it’s fairly lightweight with passable combat, but the gameplay does not live up to the visuals. 

• Upvote 1

That trailer isn't exactly selling it to me. All looks very ordinary.

I'm more hopeful for Windbound, out later this month, which looks like a hybrid of Breath of the Wild and Wind Waker. 

Edit: this is a better trailer:

• Upvote 4
On 05/08/2020 at 10:00, tenrou said:

I grabbed it and started playing today - it plays a really mean game of Doom, the sprites, guns and lighting effects are all ‘enhanced’ compared with the classic skin and they look the business - especially the chain gun. Recommended. 

Edit - the music is way creepier too, the whole thing has a horror vibe.