Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

On 06/08/2020 at 16:52, the_debaser said:

Doom is the best FPS in the last 15 years and is way better than its sequel. Go for that. 

Doom is the third best FPS after the immense Titanfall 2 and it's prequel but, yeah, it is shit ton more enjoyable than the pure mess of Doom Eternal. That's all based on the PC version of Doom so no comment on the quality of the Switch conversion.

The best 89p I've spent on the Switch store in in a very long time, if not ever, is the excellent Akane. It is a very simple score attack in which you slash folk up with a katana in an arena until overwhelmed but is very addictive indeed and an absolute steal at the price.

10 minutes ago, therearerules said:

West of Loathing on sale cheapest ever apparently. If you want the funniest game on the Switch this is it.

Great game, well worth a play.

They all have extra bells and whistles, they're the gold standard for retro releases at the moment.

Phantasy Star, for example, is reworked to make it actually playable today, with an onscreen map, a thing that explains what the items actually are, better balance and such. Virtua Racing is better than the arcade version. 

I think Rush Rally 3 IS a mobile game but the physics are excellent, it's just a really good rally game all round. As I say, made by one guy so it's not graphically mindblowing or anything. 

• Upvote 6
2 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

Oh, Panzer Dragoon is on sale, I'll be having that then!

It’s well worth it. I picked it up after they patched the issues and it plays like a dream. 

On 12/08/2020 at 03:10, deerokus said:

They all have extra bells and whistles, they're the gold standard for retro releases at the moment.

Phantasy Star, for example, is reworked to make it actually playable today, with an onscreen map, a thing that explains what the items actually are, better balance and such. Virtua Racing is better than the arcade version. 

I think Rush Rally 3 IS a mobile game but the physics are excellent, it's just a really good rally game all round. As I say, made by one guy so it's not graphically mindblowing or anything. 

I just wanted to pile in to say I've got WRC 8 and Rush Rally 3 on my Switch and IMO Rush Rally is easily the better game. Or at the very least easily the more fun game.

Admittedly a lot of this for me probably comes down to the fact it's a bit more arcadey and forgiving of mistakes than WRC 8, so for my money it's a lot more fun, especially as the Switch doesn't really have the controls for a super serious racing simulation, what with it's lack of analogue triggers.

If you want something Sega Rally-esque on your Switch, it's a good one to go for.

• Upvote 1

I’ve been into those for a wee while now and yes, I very much get the Picross vibe too. Nothing like it mechanically but presses the same buttons. 

Weird that you should bring it up now as I bought the sequel at launch months ago, dropped it, and only just resumed this morning. I really hate the UI in the second game but the puzzles and selectable difficulty are a definite improvement. 

• Upvote 1

I had a teacher who indoctrinated us to avoid ever using that word but it is perfect in this case. It is nice. Ideal morning gaming to pick me up after my daily check of “Coming Soon” still shows no sign of Sega Picross :angry: