Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

37 minutes ago, deKay said:

I've spent far too much time playing Spider Solitaire.

Did you buy that 3 pack of Spider, Klondike and Free Cell when it was on offer? I'm really disappointed it's so bare bones, I've been spoiled my Microsoft Solitaires QOL things.

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Did you buy that 3 pack of Spider, Klondike and Free Cell when it was on offer? I'm really disappointed it's so bare bones, I've been spoiled my Microsoft Solitaires QOL things.

No, it was free last week on the US store. It's bare bones, yes, but the only thing it really needs is to tell you when you're unable to progress any further and offer to give up.

Just now, deKay said:

No, it was free last week on the US store. It's bare bones, yes, but the only thing it really needs is to tell you when you're unable to progress any further and offer to give up.

And infinite undos would be good.

1 hour ago, rgraves said:

I bought this when it came out - it is a ridiculously fine port that has no place being as good as it is on Switch. Played all the way through the main campaign too, even though I'd already done it on PS4.

Some might even say the Nintendo Switch, a console you can play on whilst on the toilet, is the best way to play this game too. Particularly for those moments when the alien jumps out at you from nowhere.

I bought it last time it was on sale, played an hour or two, saw the alien and haven't gone back. Not a conscious choice, I should add! I really should force my brain to play some more.

One thing I will say is you can't change the difficulty mid-game and you might well be a good hour or so in before things start to kick off. The game can be really fucking hard too. I played it on the hard difficulty, but there were times I wished I'd set it to medium. I think I did permanent damage to my scalp from all the hair pulling I did at times.

Very tempted to triple dip on Alan Self Isolation, but I bought Amnesia Rebirth and Days Gone in a moment of drunken clarity last night for my Halloween game fix... so I’ll just get drunk again and buy it tonight instead. ^_^

3 hours ago, Popo said:

Very tempted to triple dip on Alan Self Isolation, but I bought Amnesia Rebirth and Days Gone in a moment of drunken clarity last night for my Halloween game fix... so I’ll just get drunk again and buy it tonight instead. ^_^

I have it . It's runs super duper on the Switch. I think the audio is the star of the show here. Every ambient noise has me on edge.

I’ve only ever played the very beginning of Alien Isolation. What kind of game is it, exactly - and what’s difficult about it on hard mode? From what I understand, you don’t really have any weapons. Is it more of a stealth game?

On 23/10/2020 at 08:38, grounded_dreams said:

Just seen that Bloodroots is currently on sale, £1.59 90% off.

Looks like a decent game, has a MetaCritic score of 75.

Got this and whilst I shouldn't complain for the paltry sum I paid I think the atrocious load times justify the slashing of the price. I'd be really annoyed by them of I'd paid more than a couple of quid for it.

On 17/10/2020 at 11:39, Eighthours said:

Is Killer Queen Black good? I’ve seen the Metacritic, obvs, but has anyone in this thread played it?

Yes. It's great. Better if you can get 3 people on a couch. 

14 minutes ago, Paulando said:

I’ve only ever played the very beginning of Alien Isolation. What kind of game is it, exactly - and what’s difficult about it on hard mode? From what I understand, you don’t really have any weapons. Is it more of a stealth game?

Yes, it's a horror stealth game. You spend the majority of the game avoiding enemies (no takedowns, no shivving Alan in the back) and trying to get from A to B without getting brutally killed.

4 hours ago, Popo said:

Alan's Self Isolation game. 

Can you keep Alan sane for 2 weeks, as he starts working from home due Covid-19. Help him juggle his work with two nagging kids, dog and cat, and his wife who sees a chance for Alan to get some much needed DIY projects completed. 

Bonus stealth level.

Can you get Alan out of the house to sneak down to the pub.

1 hour ago, Paulando said:

There’s stealth, as Fry says, but also combat and crafting. Alan can’t be killed - he’s the hunter and you’re the prey, after all - but he’s not the only one on Sevastopol station. 

Traversal itself is fun, though - Sevastopol has a real tactility, and exploring each section is exciting and scary. It’s a narrative-led game but as you accumulate tools and keys that let you unlock previously locked doors you can go off-piste at points and search for extras. 

My only wish is that The Creative Assembly has leaned more heavily into this aspect of the game and given players more freedom to explore by making the mission structure less rigid. 

4 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Jenny LeClue is $2.99 on the American eshop - £18.99 here. I've just set up a US account to buy it at that price and bought some US credit. 

It’s great too. Shame part 2 seems to be years away.

15 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Jenny LeClue is $2.99 on the American eshop - £18.99 here. I've just set up a US account to buy it at that price and bought some US credit. 

I’m going to buy $10 credit just for this just because the full name is so pleasing to say. 

Seeing what else I can get with the change - any thoughts on the Deponia series?