Jump to content

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)


Recommended Posts

Okay, so, Royal Mail being good I'm expecting a Switch Lite in the post tomorrow (cheers @iwan_canobi).

 

I've got a few games on my account from where I owned a Switch previously -

 

Not A Hero,

Bayo 1,

Ninja Saviour,

Katana Zero,

Virtua Racing,

Capcom Beat 'em Up Collection.

 

I'm going to get -

 

Good Job!

Conduct Together

Mr Driller

 

Any other absolute must-buys? I'm not counting the big 1st party stuff as I've played most of them but will end up getting them anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@teddymeow 

 

Hollow Knight - the best non-Nintendo game on the console.

 

Ori and the Blind Forest - joyous and fluid metroidvania that you can 100 percent in less than 10 hours.

 

Hyper Light Drifter - Top-down Zelda clone with zippy combat, a fantastic soundtrack and fiendish secrets.

 

Cuphead - Very difficult, but a great challenge and excellent art style. You can do it!

 

Celeste - God-tier platforming.

 

Into the Breach - chess mixed with Starship Troopers. Aneurysm-inducing, but in a good way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Okay, so, Royal Mail being good I'm expecting a Switch Lite in the post tomorrow (cheers @iwan_canobi).

 

I've got a few games on my account from where I owned a Switch previously -

 

Not A Hero,

Bayo 1,

Ninja Saviour,

Katana Zero,

Virtua Racing,

Capcom Beat 'em Up Collection.

 

I'm going to get -

 

Good Job!

Conduct Together

Mr Driller

 

Any other absolute must-buys? I'm not counting the big 1st party stuff as I've played most of them but will end up getting them anyway.

 

Shinobi

Shock Troopers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jamie John said:

@teddymeow 

 

Hollow Knight - the best non-Nintendo game on the console.

 

Ori and the Blind Forest - joyous and fluid metroidvania that you can 100 percent in less than 10 hours.

 

Hyper Light Drifter - Top-down Zelda clone with zippy combat, a fantastic soundtrack and fiendish secrets.

 

Cuphead - Very difficult, but a great challenge and excellent art style. You can do it!

 

Celeste - God-tier platforming.

 

Into the Breach - chess mixed with Starship Troopers. Aneurysm-inducing, but in a good way.


I’ve got and love every game listed here apart from Hyper Light Drifter. You’ve obviously got excellent taste Jamie, so I’m going to have to buy it now myself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Paradise Killer looks immense!

 

That's another added to the list!

It's really, really good. So much so, it's going to probably make my top 5 of the year. It's on sale on the US eshop at the minute (only 20% off, but still...) so I'd probably wait until Thursday to see if it shows up on sale here. I made an thread about the game a couple of months back. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, therearerules said:

Honestly Return of the Obra Dinn is so much better than Tangle Tower in every way. Get it played.

Obra Dinn is so much better, but that shouldn't be used against Tangle Tower. Obra Dinn is easily 'Top 100 Greatest Games Of All Time' territory. Tangle Tower is great and very funny in places, but nowhere near that level. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Popo said:


I’ve got and love every game listed here apart from Hyper Light Drifter. You’ve obviously got excellent taste Jamie, so I’m going to have to buy it now myself. 

 

Cheers :D

 

HLD doesn't quite reach the heady heights of some of the other games on my list, but it's definitely worth playing.

 

INSIDE is another absolute 10/10 must play banger if you've not played it elsewhere, @teddymeow, and it's less than 3 hours long. I replayed it again on PC recently and of anything it was even better than my first time through.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the USP of Hades?

 

From what I can tell, it is Diablo 3 but with an actual well-written story, but there must be more to it than that. I feel like I have played a LOT of those kind of rogue-likes recently so it hasn't piqued my interest really.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly didn't think much of Tangle Tower after completing it. I thought I'd already posted my thoughts in this thread, and I have, just without mentioning the game by name:

 

On 12/06/2020 at 10:07, therearerules said:

Well, you weren't wrong. Recorded my reaction to the *ending*:

tenor.gif

 

I don't think a game has ever dropped so much in my estimation, or shat the bed so badly. That ending was atrocious! Amazingly the game nailed on the artwork, witty banter, it was even charming in places. But have they never read a detective book? Absolute pump. I was going to recommend it with caveats (lovely and charming to play, but poorly paced and with small niggles, such as not being able to exit an interrogation and the brute forcing of some parts), but I can't now. Really don't want to encourage the designers to think they can write a detective game- hire a writer! Terrible.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the ending was weirdly abrupt, but I enjoyed everything else, a lot (and also 5-6 hours is a nice length for something like that, I was ready for it to finish). Maybe on reflection not essential essential, but my feelings were coloured because I played it recently, it has that point and click charm, it is on sale right now, it won some awards, and it is nice to support UK-based devs imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ChewMagma said:

What is the USP of Hades?

 

From what I can tell, it is Diablo 3 but with an actual well-written story, but there must be more to it than that. I feel like I have played a LOT of those kind of rogue-likes recently so it hasn't piqued my interest really.

 

It looks a bit like Diablo, but it plays very differently. It's a fast-paced beat-hack-slash-shoot-em-up with tonnes of varied ways to upgrade your fighter in every run you have to 'complete' the game. It's very tactical, in that you need to learn how enemies attack to dispatch them effectively. It's also a pretty accessible game, given that the more you play the more you progress, and it also has a God mode that lets you progress easily if you find it all too challenging. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.