Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

1 minute ago, mdn2 said:

The original six Bit.Trip games are getting a release on Christmas day. :omg:

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/11/six-part-bit-trip-series-coming-to-switch-on-december-25

Can't wait to play BEAT again.

Oh no. I have an uncanny compulsion to finish Runner on everything... Wii, 3DS, Vita, PS4 so far. With a couple of years in between of course, I'm not that weird ;p

14 hours ago, hazeredmist said:

I am rather addicted to Pure Pool, which had a rocky start with online modes, but seems to be great now! Anyone else playing this?

I will definitely pick it up at some point but I'm already buried in games at the moment. It reminds me of my all time favourite pool game, Bankshot Billiards on the 360 :wub:

48 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

That Warlock of Firetop Mountain is only a couple of quid again. I missed it last time it was mentioned on here.

Lovely little game, great presentation. Perfectly captures what was in your head based on the artwork back in the day.

Did I say back in the day? I recently found a pristine copy in a charidee shop and was going to give it a whirl!

On 04/12/2020 at 15:05, Dig Dug said:

I literally bought it because the visual of the little player piece hopping across the board in the trailer made me smile in confidence that it was a high quality game.

That’s nearly got me too.  I might yet buckle despite the likelihood of me actually playing it is pretty small..

Interested in people's recommendations for turn-based tactics/strategy titles on the Switch, particularly overlooked or unusual stuff.

Couple I have had my eye on that are on sale that I'd appreciate any thoughts on: Tharsis and Nowhere Prophet. Also was the Donkey Kong DLC for Mario & Rabbids any good?

(For context turn based stuff I have played or already own:

Into the Breach

Fire Emblem

DQXI

Overland

Darkest Dungeon

Mario & Rabbids

Civ games

Slay the Spire

X-Com 1/2

Space Wolf)

4 minutes ago, ChewMagma said:

Interested in people's recommendations for turn-based tactics/strategy titles on the Switch, particularly overlooked or unusual stuff.

Couple I have had my eye on that are on sale that I'd appreciate any thoughts on: Tharsis and Nowhere Prophet. Also was the Donkey Kong DLC for Mario & Rabbids any good?

Into the Breach

Fire Emblem

DQXI

Overland

Darkest Dungeon

Mario & Rabbids

Civ games

Slay the Spire

X-Com 1/2

Space Wolf)

Have a look at Valkyria Chronicles and War Groove. 

You've played the best on the system, Spaceland is decent, as is Mutant Road Zero. The DK expansion for Mario Rabbids is worth it if you enjoyed the main game. I didn't enjoy what I played of Nowhere Prophet when I tried it on Gamepass - it feels like a poor man's Slay the Spire. I didn't give it more than an hour though before I deleted it, so someone may say something different. 

What about Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? It's very JRPG, but with a decent turn based system. 

3 hours ago, ChewMagma said:

Into the Breach

Fire Emblem

DQXI

Overland

Darkest Dungeon

Mario & Rabbids

Civ games

Slay the Spire

X-Com 1/2

Space Wolf)

I will always shout about Banner Saga, particularly if you want some excellent character design and animation, along with quite a quite unique story to boot. Really excellent handheld too. 

Yeah - I'd note that 2 & 3 are a bit stronger in terms of battle design, but the whole trilogy deserves playing through (certainly the impact of the story would be much weakened by skipping the first). They're amongst my favourite SRPGs on any platform.

5 hours ago, ChewMagma said:

Cosmic Star Heroine. It's got a really interesting battle system based on comboing and building up to a big attack at just the right time as a team.  They've also managed to eliminate spamming attack and hoarding items (literally impossible in this).

51 minutes ago, donpeartree said:

Cosmic Star Heroine. It's got a really interesting battle system based on comboing and building up to a big attack at just the right time as a team.  They've also managed to eliminate spamming attack and hoarding items (literally impossible in this).

Ah I nearly bought this in the black friday sale but inexplicably didn't for some reason. Doh!

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

You've played the best on the system, Spaceland is decent, as is Mutant Road Zero. The DK expansion for Mario Rabbids is worth it if you enjoyed the main game. I didn't enjoy what I played of Nowhere Prophet when I tried it on Gamepass - it feels like a poor man's Slay the Spire. I didn't give it more than an hour though before I deleted it, so someone may say something different. 

What about Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? It's very JRPG, but with a decent turn based system. 

Mutant Year Zero is on gamepass I think so will try that there.

Funnily enough Tokyo Mirage Sessions is on my xmas list - hopefully my wife will pick it up for me!