Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

21 hours ago, donpeartree said:

Cosmic Star Heroine. It's got a really interesting battle system based on comboing and building up to a big attack at just the right time as a team.  They've also managed to eliminate spamming attack and hoarding items (literally impossible in this).

I second this recommendation.  I recently picked it up in the sale for £2 or so.  I'm not that far into it but the combat system does seem like something fresh.  

2 hours ago, Yasawas said:

I'm going to cheekily scoop MHG after playing Dicey Dungeons for basically an entire day - it's superb buy now! Funny, deep, quick, no fat.

In terms of eShop purchases this year I think only Hades competes for me.

:lol:

i bought it in the end. Loved it on PC and looking forward to playing again on the Switch.

Also keep an eye on Grindstone. Not sure it is a must have at full price, but in a sale it is a no brainer. 

That I will be reviewing

Has anyone tried Spirit of the North? It's half price at £9.99 at the moment, and it looks lovely. The one with the fox exploring beautiful landscapes and solving puzzles. I was ready to give it a try, but I saw that Nintendo life gave it 4/10, so that put me off. But then one of their main complaints was how ugly it looks, which I completely disagree with, so I dunno.

Can anyone persuade/dissuade me?

43 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Also keep an eye on Grindstone. Not sure it is a must have at full price, but in a sale it is a no brainer. 

That I will be reviewing

That one I do still have on my shortlist. I’ll keep an eye out, I think the launch discount still has over a week to run. 

Kentucky Route Zero is on sale and it's been on my list for a while. Can anyone comment on its performance and loading times on Switch compared with the PC version? I've got The Walking Dead games on Switch and they run like a dog's dinner, so hopefully this game isn't the same.

22 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

Huge sale on now. Can I have a reaction quote from anyone who bought Horace at launch less than two months ago now it’s down to a pound? I would be displeased I imagine. 

I'm annoyed but used to making stupid purchase decisions. 

The game is very good but for a very specific audience. 

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

Fuser VIP edition down from £100 to £80, get it down to nearer a tenner and I'll take a look

The standard version is also down to £40 which is tempting. Anyone know if there are any performance issues with the Switch version?

LOVING Grindstone! It's easy enough to start with, but extremely satisfying when you get any kind of long combo going.

I really enjoyed Horace last year, so may well have to buy it again at that price. Ni No Kuni is down to £12.49, and is tempting me quite badly. As was Lair of the Clockwork God, down to £6.97, so I jumped in while writing this post.

And, for anyone who still hasn't bought it, Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle is once more on sale for £11.09, and is absolutely essential!