Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

Son got a £15 eshop voucher for his birthday. Has bought Sundered (thanks for the heads up this morning @moosegrinder), Jotun (some kind of lush looking Norse mythology puzzle adventure game), and Ultimate Chicken Horse (because he remembers it from when I took him to the Sheffield computer game museum). Still has a fiver left too!

9 hours ago, deerokus said:

Has anyone tried Super Meat Boy Forever yet? 

I'm wary of a disappointing sequel given the switch to auto runner and the departure of McMillan and the music guy. 

I played about 45 minutes last night and it's extremely difficult so far. I think I managed about 5 levels. It's that good kind of extremely difficult though. I think your level of enjoyment will largely depend on how much you hate yourself. 

My personal eshop recommendation is Wulver Blade which is currently at an astounding £1.49 (90% off!). It's a really solid beat em up, and the Celtic flavour to its story and characters gives it a strong identity. Better yet, it is packed with bonus features and unlockables, lots of videos and excerpts about the historical research and trips to locations, if that tickles your fancy. Remarkably fully featured game, and that price is amazing.

Another 300 things were added yesterday. As odd as it sounds checking the eStore has become a nightly routine before I play Picross in bed and now there's like 2000+ items on there. I did notice some significant new things but can't remember them off the top of my head. You're welcome.

29 minutes ago, Cheyenne said:

My personal eshop recommendation is Wulver Blade which is currently at an astounding £1.49 (90% off!). It's a really solid beat em up, and the Celtic flavour to its story and characters gives it a strong identity. Better yet, it is packed with bonus features and unlockables, lots of videos and excerpts about the historical research and trips to locations, if that tickles your fancy. Remarkably fully featured game, and that price is amazing.

That looks terrific. I don’t think the wife would approve as the kids would instantly love it!!!

16 minutes ago, Cheyenne said:

Has got genuinely challenge to it as well. You can block but if times well functions as a parry. Bosses definitely need you to get to trips with this as well as using spacing efficiently.

I think I might have to just get it tbh. I’m missing some chopping...

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

PGA 2K21 is rough looking especially coming from the PC version. But plays a good game of golf. 

Also trying to get back into Breath of the Wild and I am completely lost. I need a guide for a bit I think

I keep nearly buying Breath if the Wild. Haven’t played a Zelda since OOT and do fancy it but with the kids - one too young and the other too zany for it - I just don’t think I’ll have the chance to play properly and will keep going back after a week thinking WTF am I supposed to be doing now...

1 hour ago, Dr Nookie said:

I keep nearly buying Breath if the Wild. Haven’t played a Zelda since OOT and do fancy it but with the kids - one too young and the other too zany for it - I just don’t think I’ll have the chance to play properly and will keep going back after a week thinking WTF am I supposed to be doing now...

I did start again earlier this year, but screwed up the systems setting up accounts for my daughter and lost my local copy. The cloud backup was from 2018. Really not far in, but far enough to be lost. At a part where I hav e 12 photos to find locations for, but think I may have got to that part too early. Hence needing a guide to see what I may have missed. 

46 minutes ago, deKay said:

You can with Gals Fighters so I assume you can on others.

Cheers @deKay. Found a YouTube video where the game gets paused and the options gone through. You can change the different colour of the NGPC console on the screen and zoom the image in with the right stick.

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

I did start again earlier this year, but screwed up the systems setting up accounts for my daughter and lost my local copy. The cloud backup was from 2018. Really not far in, but far enough to be lost. At a part where I hav e 12 photos to find locations for, but think I may have got to that part too early. Hence needing a guide to see what I may have missed

This is just something you do while exploring the world; it's not a quest/task you need to set out to complete in isolation. As you travel around the world you'll repeatedly encounter a character who can tell you more about the places in the photos and point you in the right direction.

10 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

This is just something you do while exploring the world; it's not a quest/task you need to set out to complete in isolation. As you travel around the world you'll repeatedly encounter a character who can tell you more about the places in the photos and point you in the right direction.

Or you just stumble on them, when out exploring. Because you’ll see a **********.

41 minutes ago, Sane said:

I'm in the mood for a classic JRPG. I have my eye on Ys Origin and Star Ocean First Departure R. Any opinions on these games?

Ys Origin isn't really that, it's sort of an action platformer hack and slash sort of thing. It's not bad but Ys 8 is by far the better choice, brilliant game (still an action rpg, not a pure classic jrpg, but it's a great game). 

2 hours ago, Sane said:

I'm in the mood for a classic JRPG. I have my eye on Ys Origin and Star Ocean First Departure R. Any opinions on these games?

Neither is turn-based, which is what I’d consider as classic JRPG. Star Ocean has mashy real-time combat, weird (and unexplained) mechanics and ludicrous difficulty spikes which is a shame because it’s utterly gorgeous and has its good points too. I tapped out at around 10 hours though. 

Dragon Quest XI is what you want, have you played that?