Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

21 hours ago, El Pibe said:

Downloaded Agent A for under a quid today after watching the trailer and not having heard of it before.

It's good! Spent 2 hours playing it with our 7 year old and she absolutely loves it. Great to see her mind racing to work out the puzzles :wub:

Are there any other games like this on the Switch I could download?

Jenny LeClue?

Oh, and it’s flawed but if it’s cheap, Pan-Pan.

EDIT: tell you what, a list...

Yono and the Celestial Elephants

Mom Hid My Game

Isoland 1&2

The Room

The Gardens Between

Burly Men At Sea

5 hours ago, smac said:

I like a bit of light puzzling.

There is definitely some sort of joke relating to 'how many X does it take to change a light bulb here' but I've neither the imagination, nor the time, to work it out..

Just now, Mike S said:

There is definitely some sort of joke relating to 'how many X does it take to change a light bulb here' but I've neither the imagination, nor the time, to work it out..

Bulb Boy?

(bit scary and gruesome for a 7 year old I expect though)

13 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Hah, thinking of Deflektor, now. That was a classic puzzle game.

Yeah Tangle Tower is a very decent puzzly point and click. It's not as amazing as some reviews led me to believe it's an ios port and there's still an inflation factor for any game that is half decent and launches on there. Controls are also a bit awkward. Good game though. 

Thimbleweed Park is great too, classic Lucasarts style game, but 7 would be a bit too young for it I think. 

I loved  Rodland (so much so I own the Jamma board - always loved the code to change the enemies to robots which made it feel like a whole different game) Intrigued to know if the port/emulation in Switch includes the slowdown. In some ways the Amiga port was actually superior.

Shout out to the port to the original GameBoy too - brilliant conversion!

Picked up both Missile Dancer and Bezier and looking forward to getting stuck into them over the weekend. Also going to buy some maracas so I can combine the two and become a Bez-ier Dancer. 

I didn't think it was ever gonna drop below 50%. Shows what I know. This is gonna mess me up now because I don't want to be that guy who won't buy anything unless it's been cut to rock bottom but everyone is cutting their prices. Indies complain they can't sell their games for what they are worth but this kind of thing isn't helping. This market is pressuring everyone to undercut.

13 minutes ago, Dig Dug said:

I didn't think it was ever gonna drop below 50%. Shows what I know. This is gonna mess me up now because I don't want to be that guy who won't buy anything unless it's been cut to rock bottom but everyone is cutting their prices. Indies complain they can't sell their games for what they are worth but this kind of thing isn't helping. This market is pressuring everyone to undercut.

I think in this case though the reviews and general feedback for the game felt very much “worth picking up in the sale/10”

6 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

Has anyone on here given this a try? Saw a reference to Geometry Wars, which obviously piqued my interest. 

Screenshot_20210121_155429.jpg

Preordered it last week but haven’t had a chance to play it yet!

3 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I think in this case though the reviews and general feedback for the game felt very much “worth picking up in the sale/10”

To be fair, all the major criticisms of the game were ironed out in a patch. It’s definitely worth full price now... doubly so at 50%.