Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

Just now, sandman said:

does it make any difference to you if I use spotify or apple podcast app to listen to the podcast?

Not at all. I just use the Spotify link to get out of the habit of using the Soundcloud one

Just now, moosegrinder said:

Cloudpunk is down to 12 quid if anyone was waiting for that again.

Unless it has had a significant patch. I got it at launch and the draw distance was as good as G-Police on the PS1

That's mostly got me to remembering that G-Police is a stone-cold classic, and thinking that a game which intentionally lifted the perpetual pea soup effect of early 32-bit 3D games could be great.

On 09/06/2021 at 07:43, Yuujiin said:

Unless it has had a significant patch. I got it at launch and the draw distance was as good as G-Police on the PS1

Oh shoot I was about to jump in on this. Is it the same issue on the big boy consoles? Maybe I should get the Ps4 version…

8 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Oh shoot I was about to jump in on this. Is it the same issue on the big boy consoles? Maybe I should get the Ps4 version…

I don't think the ps4 version is much better from what I've read. Probably needs a Series/Ps5 version to really sing on consoles. 

(ps4 review here mentions it) https://www.heypoorplayer.com/2020/10/31/cloudpunk-review-ps4/

Is there currently an issue with Nintendo’s download servers? I can’t download patches / titles on either Switch, but I can browse the eshop and make purchases.

54 minutes ago, AlexM said:

Is there currently an issue with Nintendo’s download servers? I can’t download patches / titles on either Switch, but I can browse the eshop and make purchases.

Nope I can access the eShop.

1 hour ago, AlexM said:

It's a very common issue with the switch at the moment, the new system update was meant to fix it but apparently made it worse.

Try going into your connection settings and manually setting your dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Fixed it for me. 

12 minutes ago, deerokus said:

It's a very common issue with the switch at the moment, the new system update was meant to fix it but apparently made it worse.

Try going into your connection settings and manually setting your dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Fixed it for me. 

I wasn't aware of that, I will try with Google's DNS servers. 

Posting this here because I was curious about this, couldn't find the info anywhere, and the game was only £2 in the sale: The Room on Switch doesn't use HD Rumble at all, which is a shame as it seems like a game that'd be perfect for it. Also its pointer controls are limited to the right joycon only with no option to use the left, although you can get by surprisingly well using  a right joycon in your left hand if you use the strap attachment to make it wider.

36 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

@the_debaser INSIDE is down to £4-odd. Do yourself a favour and see what the Somerville hype is all about.

You can complete it in one or two sittings. A great couple of nights’ gaming awaits.

Done. I got a load of cash money gold points knocking around so cost nothing. 

Do Nintendo normally do adverts for their sale?

Valkyria Chronicles 4 complete edition for £22.49 and the Grandia games will probably be my only purchases.

Why are visual novels on the Switch so expensive? Both Steins Gate and AI: Solnium Files (or whatever it's called) are on sale but still more than £20. I'd quite like to give them a go, but they never seem to come down to impulse buy territory. I imagine the Danganronpa ports will be the same.

3 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Why are visual novels on the Switch so expensive? Both Steins Gate and AI: Solnium Files (or whatever it's called) are on sale but still more than £20. I'd quite like to give them a go, but they never seem to come down to impulse buy territory. I imagine the Danganronpa ports will be the same.

£25 for robotic notes (part of the same science Adventure series as Stiens gate) is a bargain - comes with robotics notes elite and robotics notes dash: only one left https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087CMMRW6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_QMF9KXANTMXC79B7DVRN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

As for the "why are they so expensive", that's generally accepted to be the unfortunate combination of them having a relatively niche audience, combined with high localisation costs and relatively high development costs.