IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

1 minute ago, Parksey said:

Tempted by Xenoblade - has it ever been available physically as cheap as £33? It seems like one of those titles that is just going to hold its value. Saying that, I did pick up the Wii version as it was rare and I found it cheap, then didn't bloody play it. 

Is the Switch version much improved? 

Also, banal question number 2. With Hades being on Gamepass (and on my radar for a while), I'm wondering if it's something that's going to be much more suited to handheld play? The £15 sale price is also tempting. 

I think, because I'm in the middle of a big studying crunch sesh and not able to do much else recently, basically every game seems tempting right now. 

Yeah it's been 30 quid if you can grab it, it tends not to last long at that price though. As for the quality I don't know, I haven't got round to buying it as I was waiting for it to be 33 quid 😛

Xenoblade is the greatest JRPG ever made and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. *

*Unless they're bigger than me or make a solid argument for Skies of Arcadia. 

I had the Switch download error 2123-1502 on two machines last week. I sorted it by following the advice on Nintendo’s site.

To summarise I turned it fully off, back on and kept on hitting continue when the error appeared. After maybe 5 goes it worked on the first machine ( a lite) and only two goes on the second (original launch Switch).

Initially the game download didn’t have an icon on the Home Screen, it was a black icon with a ?, when this appeared I turned off. Trying again the correct icon appeared and I just tried pressing continue. Once sorted the error hasn’t reappeared. 

So I had a Nintendo Online game voucher which expires end of September. Went to use it with Advance Wars but can't because Advance Wars comes out in December and apparently it cannot be used before September for a game which is released after September. 

Am I stupid for assuming I could redeem it before end September for a pre-order game or is this a case of Nintendo being Nintendo? 

7 minutes ago, McCoy said:

So I had a Nintendo Online game voucher which expires end of September. Went to use it with Advance Wars but can't because Advance Wars comes out in December and apparently it cannot be used before September for a game which is released after September. 

Am I stupid for assuming I could redeem it before end September for a pre-order game or is this a case of Nintendo being Nintendo? 

That seems pretty shitty. Maybe try and trade it with someone for a longer dated one?

1 minute ago, kempstar said:

That seems pretty shitty. Maybe try and trade it with someone for a longer dated one?

Yeah, I'm sure I can find something to use with it but Advance Wars just seemed like the obvious one. Just never occurred to me that the game you were buying also had to be released within the voucher's expiration date. 

1 hour ago, bowser123 said:

I had the Switch download error 2123-1502 on two machines last week. I sorted it by following the advice on Nintendo’s site.

To summarise I turned it fully off, back on and kept on hitting continue when the error appeared. After maybe 5 goes it worked on the first machine ( a lite) and only two goes on the second (original launch Switch).

Initially the game download didn’t have an icon on the Home Screen, it was a black icon with a ?, when this appeared I turned off. Trying again the correct icon appeared and I just tried pressing continue. Once sorted the error hasn’t reappeared. 

I’ve tried this, also tried changing the DNS settings. Tested the connection - fine.

Two demos I’ve tried downloading to test it just won’t download at all.

Unless there’s a firmware fix on the way, I think my Switch is borked.

Might have to pick up the following in the next few days

The church in the darkness

Beat Cop

Hotline Miami

Scott Pilgrim

Serious Sam

Grandia HD

Romancing Saga 2

Final Fantasy CC

Blimey - my bank account is gonna suffer!

1 hour ago, MrHendo said:

I’ve tried this, also tried changing the DNS settings. Tested the connection - fine.

The firmware update was what broke it! The problem is you won't be able to download a new firmware either, the only way of getting a newer version on there if the problem persists would be a gamecard that has an update in firmware included. 

Do you at least get a game icon when downloading a demo, or is it black with a ? symbol? If you're getting the icon I'd persist with pressing continue when the error appears.

Just now, bowser123 said:

The firmware update was what broke it! The problem is you won't be able to download a new firmware either, the only way of getting a newer version on there if the problem persists would be a gamecard that has an update in firmware included. 

Do you at least get a game icon when downloading a demo, or is it black with a ? symbol? If you're getting the icon I'd persist with pressing continue when the error appears.

I’ve got two downloads failing for demos.

Both had just a black square, now one has the game icon on but neither will download no matter what I do.

3 hours ago, MrHendo said:

I had this - after updating the DNS i had to cancel the current download and start the downloads again/anew 

6 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Are the Switch ports good?

Digital Foundry really liked the ports and called it the most impressive FPS on the Switch. 

Overall, looking at the package as a whole, this is an impressive release. The visual quality is comparable to the earlier releases of Redux and the average pixel count is higher than many other comparable conversions such as Wolfenstein 2 or Doom 2016. Meanwhile, seeing this game play out so well in portable mode really is a treat. Similar to other Switch FPS ports, the frame-rate is cut in half but it's very consistent and input latency is very low so it still feels great to play. The sometimes extended loading times really are the only major issue I encountered during testing and even that is variable depending on the stage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/digitalfoundry-2020-metro-exodus-the-most-successful-switch-fps-port-to-date

On 15/06/2021 at 20:56, Calashnikov said:

@the_debaser INSIDE is down to £4-odd. Do yourself a favour and see what the Somerville hype is all about.

You can complete it in one or two sittings. A great couple of nights’ gaming awaits.

Did this tonight while watching the footy. Pretty good, especially for the price and didn’t outstay it’s welcome. The end section was all sorts of fucked up. 

4 hours ago, NickC said:

Firewatch is on sale for £5 now. Not sure it's ever been on sale before, it's supposed to be good and has been on my watchlist for a while now.

Yeah it's good. Tails off a bit towards the end but I'd still recommend it. Soundtrack is great as well.