IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

On 08/08/2021 at 15:55, Dig Dug said:

Do not buy these or any other Psikyo game on eshop they are notoriously bad ports.

Not true, they are absolutely fine. Gunbird 2, for example, has exactly the same amount of lag as the Dreamcast version (6 frames) which I don't remember anyone crying about.

The Psykio ports are well worth the cost of a pint each.

18 minutes ago, Jazz Glands said:

Not true, they are absolutely fine. Gunbird 2, for example, has exactly the same amount of lag as the Dreamcast version (6 frames) which I don't remember anyone crying about.

The Psykio ports are well worth the cost of a pint each.

Goes to show I’ve been reading too much into the negatives then.

I know input delay testing has had a lot of incorrect info in the past due to smash bros players who don’t know what they are doing performing the tests.

I’ve been really on the fence about the psikyo ports for a long time as I do want to play those games but the negative reception put me off big time.

15 minutes ago, Marlew said:

They definitely do feel a bit laggy, and I'm more sensitive than most, but they're entirely playable - just not to superplayer levels. 

Sure they’re perhaps not perfect for pros, but they’re perfectly decent for the average gamer and even most shmup players. Of course it helps having a low latency TV and the right choice of controller (the Retro Bit Saturn pad with dongle is one of the best options)

11 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

£55. :blink2: And it’s still missing out on several of the official Space Invaders games. I don’t think that this will get many downloads…

Every download it does get is another 1 too many. I would probably buy Extreme for £25, definitely if it also included the 2nd. But I just can't imagine anyone looking at that price who doesn't immediately say "That'll be on sale soon enough." exactly like I did when I saw it in "Coming soon" the other week.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Extreme basically does for Space Invaders what CE did for Pac-man and it doesn't get nearly enough credit.

Unfortunately, being a DS game seems to condemn on the basis of it not being considered a 'proper' game on a 'proper' system. Ridiculous, given it was one of the better '00s remakes of a (very) retro game.

Also, the DOOM Slayers Collection. DOOM, DOOM 2, DOOM 3, DOOM 64, and the more recent DOOM for £47.99. No Eternal, and the listing even helpfully points out that individually the games would come to £46.20. What the actual ... WHO BUYS STUFF LIKE THIS? Who on earth is this marketed towards?

On 18/08/2021 at 11:05, CheekyLee said:

Every download it does get is another 1 too many. I would probably buy Extreme for £25, definitely if it also included the 2nd. But I just can't imagine anyone looking at that price who doesn't immediately say "That'll be on sale soon enough." exactly like I did when I saw it in "Coming soon" the other week.

Keep meaning to pick up space invaders forever which has extreme and arkanoid vs space invaders on it. It’s only about £20, so much better. Loved extreme on the 360, another one of Taito’s that never got backwards compatibility. 

I recently bought Kamiko (also on PS4/PC). It was the lovely chiptunes in the trailer that sold it to me, although the pixel graphics are also very nice. The gameplay is fairly basic but enjoyable - you build up XP by combo-ing attacks whilst exploring the levels. The XP can be used to open chests, giving you power ups or items to help solve mini puzzles, with the ultimate aim being to unlock four gates which grants access to the boss stage. I've done two stages so far and it has been fun. Little nods to Zelda and Secret of Mana are a welcome bonus.

I let the title screen theme play for ages before eventually starting the game. So lovely and soothing :wub: 

11 hours ago, ZOK said:

I booted up the amazing mountain bike game Descenders for a quick spin and there seems to be loads of new bike park tracks available to hurtle down. Some really nice hills!

Loved this on the xbox I'll have a play later. 

21 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Loved this on the xbox I'll have a play later. 

It is amazing, one of the best games for enjoying a sense of pure speed.

If Riders Republic plays like Descenders I’ll be all over it.

5 hours ago, acidbearboy said:

I recently bought Kamiko (also on PS4/PC). It was the lovely chiptunes in the trailer that sold it to me, although the pixel graphics are also very nice. The gameplay is fairly basic but enjoyable - you build up XP by combo-ing attacks whilst exploring the levels. The XP can be used to open chests, giving you power ups or items to help solve mini puzzles, with the ultimate aim being to unlock four gates which grants access to the boss stage. I've done two stages so far and it has been fun. Little nods to Zelda and Secret of Mana are a welcome bonus.

I let the title screen theme play for ages before eventually starting the game. So lovely and soothing :wub: 

I bought this around launch and had an amazing time with it - short enough to be really replayable and had a lot of fun lowering my completion times.