Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

21 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Loved this on the xbox I'll have a play later. 

It is amazing, one of the best games for enjoying a sense of pure speed.

If Riders Republic plays like Descenders I’ll be all over it.

5 hours ago, acidbearboy said:

I recently bought Kamiko (also on PS4/PC). It was the lovely chiptunes in the trailer that sold it to me, although the pixel graphics are also very nice. The gameplay is fairly basic but enjoyable - you build up XP by combo-ing attacks whilst exploring the levels. The XP can be used to open chests, giving you power ups or items to help solve mini puzzles, with the ultimate aim being to unlock four gates which grants access to the boss stage. I've done two stages so far and it has been fun. Little nods to Zelda and Secret of Mana are a welcome bonus.

I let the title screen theme play for ages before eventually starting the game. So lovely and soothing :wub: 

I bought this around launch and had an amazing time with it - short enough to be really replayable and had a lot of fun lowering my completion times.

Some personal notables have hit sale prices; Tank Mechanic Sim and The Persistence are a fiver each and House Flipper is 9 quid. The Persistence was ace on PSVR and the other two are on my Steam wish list. I have no idea how any of them run on Switch so TO YOUTUBE!

On 22/08/2021 at 10:12, Popo said:

I think I bought Kamiko when I first got my Switch, excellent little game!

Same here. Lovely little thing.

Don't buy House Flipper. There's a pretty bad bug with it that means you can't see the task list. Can anyone point me at who at Nintendo I bother for a refund?*

* yes I know I'll probably not succeed but it's pretty shit, even for £9.

19 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Don't buy House Flipper. There's a pretty bad bug with it that means you can't see the task list. Can anyone point me at who at Nintendo I bother for a refund?*

* yes I know I'll probably not succeed but it's pretty shit, even for £9.

Further to this anyone ever seen anyone be successful at throwing the consumer rights act at them and getting a refund? I need to know if I'm out of order.

Also Spelunky 1 and 2 are out, as well as The Magnificent Trufflepigs.

On 24/08/2021 at 09:54, moosegrinder said:

https://www.dekudeals.com/hottest?filter[format]=digital&sort=recent_drop

Some decent stuff put on sale overnight.

eshop.thumb.JPG.43054167dfbc88e3361bdc2962d0db09.JPG

Yeah, that's a brilliant selection just in that screenshot. Sayonara Wild Hearts, Kentucky Route Zero and if found... would be my particular recommendations, in terms of quality and recentness/likelihood of not yet having been played by everyone.

It's time to renew Nintendo Online. Last time I did the twitch thing, but that's a one off deal, right?

Other than cdkeys, is there a cheap or free way of getting it? 

(not sure if this is the right thread, seems more of a not using eShop topic :) )

12 hours ago, AK Bell said:

It's time to renew Nintendo Online. Last time I did the twitch thing, but that's a one off deal, right?

Me too, but while I’ve done the Tetris 99 and Mario Maker things I haven’t done the Twitch thing. What’s their deal, assuming it’s still available?

Ah, I might leave Nintendo Online until I need it then. I'm not getting much use out of it, other than my money back using the vouchers. 

That said, I just bought Hotshot Racing since it's leaving game pass and I was just getting into it. It might not be that long before I get it again. 

Cruisin Blast - what a game.

if you want ridiculous arcade fun, this will do the job nicely.

Great handling, unlockables and great fun.

It doesn't have the skill base of Outrun II/Daytona/Sega Rally - but it's a rush and pure arcade craziness.

Bought Espgaluda II, paying full price on an eshop game for what feels like the first time ever.

It’s certainly not lacking in content, 7 different versions of the same game. Feels long for a Cave game too.

See, I wanted Cruis’n Blast to turn out to be decent, simply because of the novelty of having a conversion of an arcade game released on a console in Space Year 2021.

(Played the arcade game four years ago. Can’t remember much about it, but was shocked to see a new coin-op with the Nintendo branding…)