Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

So...Disco Elysium comes out tomorrow. I've heard good things (but only know the basics of it). Sorely tempted as it's the kind of slow burner tale I really enjoy at the moment and will ideal for Metroid Dread downtime. Anyone know of any impressions of the conversion though?

1 hour ago, friedgold said:

So...Disco Elysium comes out tomorrow. I've heard good things (but only know the basics of it). Sorely tempted as it's the kind of slow burner tale I really enjoy at the moment and will ideal for Metroid Dread downtime. Anyone know of any impressions of the conversion though?

I’m guessing there are special sites that will have something specific to that? Digital Foundary?

The game itself is one of my all time faves.

2 hours ago, friedgold said:

https://gamerant.com/disco-elysium-nintendo-switch-changes/

I remember this from a while ago, they've reworked the UI completely so it will work on a small screen. I'm presuming that this will double as the Steam Deck version too.

Just now, moosegrinder said:

WOOP WOOP

It is a bit weird that they didn't time the launch of this new service with the Oled launch instead offering us that it will happen at some point within the next 20 days and at a price point still TBA.  Nintendo is going to Nintendo etc. 

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

£2 over all or an additional £2?

Overall of course.

Seriously of it goes up to £5 a month it is still good value in my opinion.

Bit late to the party but my god Murder By Numbers is brilliant. Love the aesthetics, as others have said it nails that Nintendo DS vibe. Music is great and anything with Picross in it is generally brilliant as far as I'm concerned. Well done to @Ed-Eand team. Everyone please buy it so they make more.

Is Outer Wilds available to buy on the UK store?  I don't have my switch on me to check, but when I check on the Nintendo store website, it's say it's not available in my country (UK).

38 minutes ago, meatbin said:

Is Outer Wilds available to buy on the UK store?  I don't have my switch on me to check, but when I check on the Nintendo store website, it's say it's not available in my country (UK).

No sign of it on the console store. I don't think a release date has been confirmed for it yet has it?

2 minutes ago, Blunted said:

No sign of it on the console store. I don't think a release date has been confirmed for it yet has it?

Ah thanks. I thought it had been released. 

Oh well, I'll grab it on PS4. 

I don't know as the Nintendo website is refusing any and all transactions atm. 😒

[edit] Finally went through and it's still as zen as I remember it to be. :D No tate btw, straight up port and just good.

2 hours ago, Harmunt said:

Are Forgone and Torchlight 2 worth a punt in the current sale? I’ve played both eShop demos and enjoyed them, but I would welcome opinions from those who have access to the full versions.

Foregone is OK. The core combat is quite satisfying, but level and enemy design is bland and repetitive. Like if Dead Cells wasn't a Roguelike.

2 hours ago, Harmunt said:

Are Forgone and Torchlight 2 worth a punt in the current sale? I’ve played both eShop demos and enjoyed them, but I would welcome opinions from those who have access to the full versions.

Torchlight 2 is good but isn’t as good as Torchlight, which in turn was good but not as good as Diablo 3. 

14 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Foregone is OK. The core combat is quite satisfying, but level and enemy design is bland and repetitive. Like if Dead Cells wasn't a Roguelike.

Yes, Foregone is good fidget therapy while you're binge listening a podcast, but I wouldn't recommend it straight.

On 12/10/2021 at 22:04, TheGaffer said:

Bit late to the party but my god Murder By Numbers is brilliant. Love the aesthetics, as others have said it nails that Nintendo DS vibe. Music is great and anything with Picross in it is generally brilliant as far as I'm concerned. Well done to @Ed-Eand team. Everyone please buy it so they make more.

I never finished it because towards the end the difficulty level his "Just obnoxious" but it was fun getting to that point. I guess I should hint scum the rest to see what happens.