IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

21 minutes ago, SMD said:

cdkeys is out of stock for eshop credit, do they restock regularly or do i need to look elsewhere?

They’ve had no stock for weeks. I’ve been checking most days :(

Binding of Isaac Afterbirth was out in the first year of the switch Iirc in 2017, it wasn't under a limited label but may have been a smaller run. I believe there are a few more updates since.

I have no idea on reprint but If they do have another physical I guess it will more likely repackaged as the update version. Then a straight reprint? 

Not sure either way. All news seems to be US only.

For existing players, Repentance will be available as $19.99 DLC (or your regional equivalent). As a reminder, there'll also be a physical version available, sold exclusively from the publisher's online store.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/11/the-binding-of-isaac-repentance-arrives-on-nintendo-switch-this-week

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a little annoyed. I bought the 2 for £84 voucher thing and have one remaining. I didn’t realise how long I had till they expired. 

I have one left which I planned to use for Advance Wars which is now delayed. However, I can’t use it to pre-order as it releases after the voucher expiry. So now, I need to find a game to spend it on. Not sure what I want from all of that. I have Mario kart, M.Oddy, Rabbids, Zeldas (not Skyward sword) and Metroid. 

Not sure what else to go for. Plus some of the other games on there I would potentially get cheaper second hand.  It expires on 17th Feb. 

2 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

I’m a little annoyed. I bought the 2 for £84 voucher thing and have one remaining. I didn’t realise how long I had till they expired. 

I have one left which I planned to use for Advance Wars which is now delayed. However, I can’t use it to pre-order as it releases after the voucher expiry. So now, I need to find a game to spend it on. Not sure what I want from all of that. I have Mario kart, M.Oddy, Rabbids, Zeldas (not Skyward sword) and Metroid. 

Not sure what else to go for. Plus some of the other games on there I would potentially get cheaper second hand.  It expires on 17th Feb. 

That is annoying. Ironically, you'd have been fine if you'd applied it to Advance Wars before it was delayed. 

I had the same issue, simply a bizzare system. 

11 hours ago, makkuwata said:

Really enjoying spending a couple of hours each night wrapped up in bed playing handheld KOTOR. It can be a ballache to keep stable on a modern PC, and it’s too good for phones.

I last tried playing on iPad a few years back but it was a terrible experience with shitty touch controls. It’s really nice playing it on the Switch and other than the character’s faces it looks surprisingly decent. I’m still on Taris but those pastel hues look great.

3 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

Better than something like tropical freeze?  

Tropical Freeze was already HD as it was a Wii-U game. I know they added Funky Kong for the Switch version but I thought that was it, was there more added? 

19 minutes ago, Paulando said:

No what?

Up-rez Skyward Sword all you like, it won’t be their best update. They have released a new HD Links Awakening, a new Mario Galaxy, a new Mario 64, a new Wind Waker, a new Twilight Princess, a new Xenoblade. Even the N64 online games have been sharpened up. All are better than SS. 

3 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Up-rez Skyward Sword all you like, it won’t be their best update. They have released a new HD Links Awakening, a new Mario Galaxy, a new Mario 64, a new Wind Waker, a new Twilight Princess, a new Xenoblade. Even the N64 online games have been sharpened up. All are better than SS. 

I reckon it’s the HD update that had the biggest improvement, not ‘the best game that received an HD update’. I was never much of a fan of the original, but mainly because of the silly waggle controls. Started it a couple times and gave up after a few hours. Mapping the sword to the right stick was a masterstroke.

Link’s Awakening is a lovely update too.

I’ve played them all, but it hadn’t dawned on me that they had remade almost every Zelda in the last few years until I saw them all listed just then. I’m a Wind Waker enthusiast myself and it’s a bit of a surprise to me that it’s one of the very few great Wii U games that seems to be staying  exclusive. That and the NES Remixes is about all I can think of. 

It also seems a bit of a waste the fantastic 3DS versions of the N64 pair will likely stay there. I still very much want to play Majora’s Mask properly but I can’t see me getting round to the enhanced version due to the format, and if I play the original on the Switch when it comes to the online service I’ll spend most of my time getting annoyed at the typical N64ness of it (frame-rate, fuzziness, lack of camera control) I reckon. 

I'm looking to buy my mate some eshop credit for his birthday on Saturday. Ideally I'd like to get some digital codes that I can print/write in his card.  That way if he loses the card on Saturday (we are going out for a drink) then I'll still have the codes.  They don't have to be cheap - is via PayPal the best option, I was worried they'd be tied to me, somehow. 

29 minutes ago, Chooch said:

I'm looking to buy my mate some eshop credit for his birthday on Saturday. Ideally I'd like to get some digital codes that I can print/write in his card.  That way if he loses the card on Saturday (we are going out for a drink) then I'll still have the codes.  They don't have to be cheap - is via PayPal the best option, I was worried they'd be tied to me, somehow. 

You just need to buy something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VDM7RC8/

(Not necessarily from Amazon, of course - I'm sure there are cheaper options.)

They send you a code and it's up to you what you do with it.