IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

On 27/11/2021 at 14:47, LaveDisco said:

Likewise, I really, really enjoyed cybershadow, and I love difficult 2D platformers, but I tapped out near the end over it's difficulty. I suspect I would have persevered if I had it handheld.

It makes a difference, I think there are points already that might have claimed me if I couldn't dip in and out when watching the telly or whatever. Perfect For Switch™ etc

I must be getting near the end - I'm on a bike now and it's somehow still not shite. The Blazing Chrome vibes I was already having have not decreased with its introduction either.

39 minutes ago, mwaawm said:

Just picked up Willy Jetman in the sale for a bargain £4.58. Reminds me a lot of Exile on my ST even though I never got very far in that game back in the day would be rude not to support this game at that price.

I had Exile on the C64 and it was absolutely superb, how similar is this Willy Jetman?

Just purchased but not played it yet as the mrs hogs switch for her daily animal crossing fix in the early evenings. The levels and physics certainly look very reminiscent of Exile in the vids not sure if the puzzle element will be up to the same level as that game.

I picked up that 89p mini golf game so I could get Real Boxing 2 for six quid. They’re both alright actually. The golf game seems a nice little chilled distraction and the boxing one seems alright for that price. It’s no Knockout Kings/Fight Night but does a half decent job of aping the punch on a stick system of the latter. They’re the sort of games that’ll do for a blast while on the bog, or ‘twixt Skyrim sessions.

18 hours ago, merrychan said:

I had Exile on the C64 and it was absolutely superb, how similar is this Willy Jetman?

Played for an hour this morning and really liking it, the combat is probably a little easier to fit in with modern tastes. As I said never got far in exile back in the day so not sure how similar it is on a deeper level but superficially has the jetpac physics and sprawling levels feeling right as well as the native flora and fauna reminding me of that game there are however more NPCs to interact with in this so not getting wrote the same feeling of isolation as in the of 8/16bit wonder. It actually includes explicit references to the old game in fact so am surprised it's not been mentioned more clearly in the reviews about it being inspired heavily by Exile.

21 minutes ago, Dr Nookie said:

What can get my 6 year old for Christmas?

He loves and has played to absolute death:

Yoshi

Pikmin

Odyssey

All Stars/Bowsers Fury

Mario Kart

Link’s Awakening(I mostly played that for him tbh)

Currently loving Heave Ho too. 

Breath of the Wild or Smash Bros? 

2 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Breath of the Wild or Smash Bros? 

I did consider BOTW. 
Be too much for him to play on his own though eh?  Can you screw up you game by just sodding about say?

in Links Awakening he really

love some of the mini games like the grabber and the fishing. Could he mess about doing that and just have fun? 

I hadn’t even considered smash tbh

50 minutes ago, Dr Nookie said:

I did consider BOTW. 
Be too much for him to play on his own though eh?  Can you screw up you game by just sodding about say?

love some of the mini games like the grabber and the fishing. Could he mess about doing that and just have fun? 

BOTW is way too complicated for a six year old IMO.

58 minutes ago, kempstar said:

BOTW is way too complicated for a six year old IMO.

You're probably right. I guess it depends how much they are playing independently. I forget how complex the controls are. 

I think my son got properly into it (i.e. playing it without my help) when he was 8. 

Pokemon Sword/Shield (or one of the Lets Go! games) would be a good shout - there's a few tricky things in Sword/Shield but the basics (like Type Advantage, etc) don't take long to get their head around, though they'll need a bit of guidance at 6 as there's just a little too much reading to understand how to progress the story.

44 minutes ago, strawdonkey said:

Pokemon Sword/Shield (or one of the Lets Go! games) would be a good shout - there's a few tricky things in Sword/Shield but the basics (like Type Advantage, etc) don't take long to get their head around, though they'll need a bit of guidance at 6 as there's just a little too much reading to understand how to progress the story.

You know I got that for our eldest when he was 8 and never got into it - not enough guns!!!

I’d forgotten we had it so might fire that up and see if the young man likes it.  

18 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

Yoshi

Pikmin

Odyssey

All Stars/Bowsers Fury

Mario Kart

Also what about Animal Crossing? It's a very chilled out game. Plus you can have some great collaborative fun. 

20 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

Yoshi

Pikmin

Odyssey

All Stars/Bowsers Fury

Mario Kart

Luigi’s Mansion 3 for some co-op high jinx.

21 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair maybe? Would be worth considering with how cheap it often goes for (£13 in Game for physical) and would leave room for a second game too.

Maybe Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania? If he’s too young to have the dexterity for the main game there are always the mini games.

21 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

I did consider BOTW. 

My kids aged between 5-9 love Zelda but barely do anything to progress the game. They’re more than happy exploring the world, catching horses or finding food to cook as opposed to fighting monsters or doing shrines. 

Animal crossing is also popular.