IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

41 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah I go through spurts of caning it then not playing it for ages. It's fantastic. It makes me feel smart as I'm usually terrible at puzzle games but my usual tactic of "twat everything as hard as possible" works quite well as it's really just pattern recognition and hoping for the best. I love almost everything about it.

If you like Grindstone I reckon you'd love SK Pocket Dungeon.

Oh aye, it looks great but I ain't paying 18 quid for it. I have too much stacking up as it is to say I've not really bought anything for ages. Shit being given away and plundering old Game With Gold plus Forza Horizon 5 and it's live service bullshit and the Destiny 2 seasonals and my inability to stop playing Dead By Daylight and and and and. It's dangerously close to becoming like a job again.

On 20/12/2021 at 07:23, moosegrinder said:

Gigantic Army which looks like the SNES robot shooter I can't remember the name of. Anyone know if they're worth it?

IIRC it's not fit to lick the heavily armoured boots of Assault Suits Valken/Cybernator but then again, what is? Just picked it up for £2.42 to find out. Hopefully I can play it with the SNES controller as well.

Just now, Rex Grossman said:

How hard is Obra Dinn to get into? I've read it's quite obtuse and some people bounce off it early.

Super easy if it’s your thing. The first matches are done really well, and make you feel clever for getting them, while also teaching you how the game is played. If the game isn’t for you, you’ll know very early on.

23 hours ago, smac said:

Well, from the sale I went for Invisible Inc., Hyper Light Drifter (finally), Sine Mora EX, and Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (never played the original on Xbox, and always fancied it).

22 hours ago, Quest said:

Yeah, this. Thought that game was going to sit on my wishlist forever.

You're both in for a treat! It's (IMO) a bloody superb game with nice and tight controls / satisfying combat, a great look and sound to it and is really atmospheric too! I got properly obsessed with it when I played it through to completion :).

11 hours ago, three1ne said:

Am I an idiot? I can't buy this through the eshop, and use my credit, like normal. I have to buy it via "the store". 

What am I doing wrong? 

Persevere, it's super worth it!!! 

20 minutes ago, Paulando said:

If you’re not sure it’s for you I recommend watching the first couple of minutes of this video, which explains the first match:

After that it pauses and there’s a spoiler warning, so turn it off at that point.

Very helpful, thank you!

9 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Very helpful, thank you!

Really, one of my favourite games I played last year.

There are a couple of very tricky deaths to solve, but enough variety to make sure you get satisfaction out of solving what you can..

8 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

How hard is Obra Dinn to get into? I've read it's quite obtuse and some people bounce off it early.

I’ve started it about 5 times, last time I got a couple of hours in. But it’s too vague for me, even resorting to a walkthrough didn’t help me to plough through and finish it 

Is Obra Dinn possible to get back into? I was nuts on it, I got up to the point where 

Spoiler

I was investigating the lifeboats and sea monsters off the deck of the boat

so I must be a fair way in, and then stopped playing. I’ve not gone back to it because I felt like I won’t be able to pick up the threads again.

10 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

It absolutely isnt obtuse. Its completely logical for the most case. It can take a while to click, then you start cracking things quickly.

Oh, and its fucking brilliant.

9 hours ago, kempstar said:

It absolutely isnt obtuse. Its completely logical for the most case. It can take a while to click, then you start cracking things quickly.

Oh, and its fucking brilliant.

I 100% agree. Also when you do solve something it has one of the most satisfying audio cues in gaming history. Makes you feel like prime Columbo. 

13 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I'm quite tempted by Creaks, from the same people who did Machinarium, for £6, but I've told myself I'm not allowed to buy any more games this year, sigh.

You ever buy a game and feel so guilty for not loving it that you cannot delete it and instead force yourself to play it for ten minutes every six months? That's Creaks for me. Looks gorgeous but it's a bit... nothing. I knew it was a totally different beast to Machinarium (which I loved) but it doesn't retain the character unfortunately.

I've just bought Ender Lilies because I hadn't bought a Metroidvania since earlier in the week.

1 hour ago, Yasawas said:

You ever buy a game and feel so guilty for not loving it that you cannot delete it and instead force yourself to play it for ten minutes every six months? That's Creaks for me. Looks gorgeous but it's a bit... nothing. I knew it was a totally different beast to Machinarium (which I loved) but it doesn't retain the character unfortunately.

I've just bought Ender Lilies because I hadn't bought a Metroidvania since earlier in the week.

Oh really? That's a shame. I've read only good things and I really enjoyed Machinarium and Botanicula. I thought this one was a bit more horror-influenced. 

I got a few hours into Obra Dinn yesterday then felt like I hadn't been paying attention and had just been missing so much (still only had the first 3 fates confirmed).

So I restarted today but I think I'm doing the same thing again.

Maybe I shouldn't play this during covid. Brain might not be great.

1 hour ago, Rex Grossman said:

I got a few hours into Obra Dinn yesterday then felt like I hadn't been paying attention and had just been missing so much (still only had the first 3 fates confirmed).

So I restarted today but I think I'm doing the same thing again.

Maybe I shouldn't play this during covid. Brain might not be great.

Keep going, it throws so much at you in the first few hours that it's hard not to feel swamped. It'll start to fall into place soon.

You can repeat/replay everything, so don't worry about missing stuff the first time round, you'll likely need to go back at points anyway.

Obra Dinn: the first few are easy enough, but after that you do need to ‘unlock’ a lot of the story to start getting them.

Someone’s death might not be clear until you see a later clip (as they didn’t die straight away), or you don’t know the identity of a murderer until you’ve identified them in their own death. The more you’ve unlocked the more info you have.

Also, focus on the people with 3 stars under their headshot as they’re the ones with the most info available to you.

I picked up CrossCode for £10. Oh my, this right in my wheelhouse. WHY had I not tried this before? Why do I not see people rave about it all over the internet?

Probably because I'm now realising just how hard it is to say much about it without spoiling. Try and imagine a cross between a 16-bit JRPG (ie. Zelda LttP) and twin-stick shooter (ie. Super Smash TV), and [REDACTED]