IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

53 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Into the Breach for sure. Hyper Light Drifter is too difficult to be enjoyable.

So interesting! I’m completely the opposite, and could only play ITB on easy peasy mode, which isn’t the proper way to play it. 

2 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

Into the Breach and Hollow Knight are both incredible.

Hollow Knight is on my radar. It's on Gamepass though, albeit I do think it's going to be something I refer on the switch and in handheld. Guacamelee 2 was also on Gamepass, I had it downloaded for a while, but then it left the service without me playing it. Then I go pick it up on this eshop sale and end up playing it in bed that same evening. 

Just not sure if I can handle another Metroidvania alongside Guaca, and I'm also replying Bloodborne so not sure about another brutally hard game. That's the same reason I didn't ask about Blasphemous too as that was also one I was toying with. 

Indies are just flat out better on the Switch (as they were on my PS Vita half a dozen years ago). There have been a few on Gamepass - Slay the Spire, Celeste, Dicey Dungeons - that I really should play "for free" but instead I'm probably going to be getting them for £7 in an eshop sale, simply because I enjoy playing them in handheld so much. Especially roguelikes, which I always fire up on long train or plane journeys. 

Now I'm sitting here thinking that, if this is the case, I should maybe think about the OLED model next year, as the Vita's screen was amazing. It's just a typically half-arsed, expensive Nintendo upgrade that I want to sort of avoid it on principle. 

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

March. But seeing as time has no meaning anymore aye, a few weeks ago.

I haven't finished the Sega one yet. I can't keep up any more.

It's almost too much of a good thing isn't it. I just finished SEGA the other week and started S6, that must've confused me.

I've spent thousands of hours Picrossing at this point and always thought the puzzling aspect was satisfying enough that the end result not really resembling anything didn't matter, but it was undeniably sweet to spend 15 minutes on one and then realise "it's fucking Ristar!" upon taking a step back from it. I miss that now :(

22 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I definitely think that's part of the burnout problem for me. The end result is inconsequential in the normal ones, and the puzzles aren't very hard any more. I'm not sure 40 hours per game is a good thing.

I'd almost prefer this to be £9.99 with 1-10 new daily puzzles covering all the types and difficulties. Call it Picross Infinite or something.

5 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Moving Out is currently less than a fiver. Worth it for the co-op lols? 

It’s currently free on the Epic Store, and included in Game Pass, so you can test it out before buying. 

Edit - sorry not on Game Pass, I’m confusing it with Totally Reliable Delivery service!

Got PGA Tour for £12 in the sale. Would have felt a bit ripped off at full price- character detail/animation is shite and there are certainly deficiencies in presentation; course interstitials in-between holes are a bit empty/rushed

But- it plays pretty well. Happy to finally have a good golf game on the switch, multiplayer does work quite well, career seems basically the same as the old tiger woods iterations. Worth it under discount.

Thanks, all. I bought it last night. My wife had her mate round and they both played it and said it was good fun. I watched a bit and it sort of reminded me of Overcooked, though not so intense. I'll give it a go myself when we've got enough people over for 4 player co-op.

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

I know I’m late to the party on this one but into the breach is pants and you’re all wrong. 

I think it holds the record for me on games I keep reinstalling hoping that ‘this time I’ll get it and see what the fuss is about’, I was almost tempted again this week when it came up here again.

Done that at least 4 or 5 times but nope, never got it.

Into the Breach is fantastic but I'm glad that someone doesn't like it, in a way. It makes me feel less alone for not getting Obra Dinn, Scott Pilgrim, The Banner Saga or any number of others I've tried to enjoy despite myself because everyone froths about them.

Horrible feeling CrossCode might be going on that list shortly as it's not doing too much for me an hour or two in. Some nice ideas but pretty dull combat-wise so far and there's just no character to it at all yet. The upgrade tree thing gives me hope though, always like nerding out on them.