IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

1 hour ago, gossi the dog said:

I thought it was debit cards only?

30 minutes ago, sandman said:

Nope. Credit card only 

No, both work.

I have a visa credit card saved on my UK eShop account and a mastercard debit card saved on my South African eShop account.  Both have been saved and working for years and I've successfully used both in the last month or so IIRC, certainly I've used the UK shop/ credit card one in the past couple of weeks

7 hours ago, sandman said:

Why is it so hard to use a credit card on the eshop. Nothing else presents a problem on the internet when it comes to taking my money but Nintendo seem hellbent on not letting me save my card details so I can buy stuff. I’ve tried various cards and keep getting error messages. Every now again it stops letting me use a card for no apparent reason and I seem to have to wait a couple of months then it lets me change to a different card. 

What on earth is going on? (I don’t use PayPal for various reasons)

I have the same problem. I've spoken to a Nintendo's support line a few times and they just shrug and say they have no control over it, even though it only happens with the eShop and nothing else I use online.

Evil Tonight on looks interesting am wondering if anyone here has tried it and would have any impressions of whether its worth a purchase now whilst still near its launch price (currnently discounted by 10%) or warrants popping on the wish list for later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

A load of the Sega Ages releases are down to £2.09, their lowest ever. Yes, this includes Virtua Racing, the best of the Sega Ages releases.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-sega-ages-sale-virtua-racing-shinobi-space-harrier-wonder-boy-monster-land-more-ps209-each-at-nintendo-eshop-3906073

Virtua Racing get....

I bought Shinobi. Got most of the others I want. Anybody have an opinion on G-LOC? Looks a bit janky from the videos I watched. 

I also bought Bridge Strike for 89p which looks to be a homage to River Raid - an old favourite of mine from the Atari 2600. 

I really enjoyed my time with G-LOC, but mostly because I became obsessed with trying to climb a particular leaderboard. If you're the kind of person that's into rinsing the same three minutes over and over to try and eek every last potential point there's definitely fun to have there. Probably only played four hours or so total but worth the price of a Co-op prawn mayonnaise sandwich. 

5 minutes ago, ggr said:

Other than Virtua Racing, are any of the other Sega Ages conversions essential?

Outrun and Thunderforce IV would be my top picks, I've got Shinobi too but that's more a personal taste one (for my massive arcade nostalgia)

How's the Wonder Boy and Alex Kidd ports?

I'm definitely grabbing Virtua Racing, but I might as well see what's about for a crisp tenner when I have to top up the Revolut card.

19 minutes ago, ggr said:

Phantasy Star!

It's the best 8bit RPG and the best version of the game with some of great QOL features in Ages mode of increased walk speed, double XP, and permanent dungeon map on screen. 

13 minutes ago, merrychan said:

Outrun and Thunderforce IV would be my top picks, I've got Shinobi too but that's more a personal taste one (for my massive arcade nostalgia)

Agree on Outrun but I should say that it's £2.99 not £2.09 and has been as cheap as £2.57 if you have an aversion to paying more than its historic low.

Still a bargain at £2.99.

41 minutes ago, merrychan said:

Yes, bought Outrun and Space Harrier, as they remind me of family holidays.

I've already got them on 3DS, but had some gold points lying around...

2 hours ago, ggr said:

Outrun (QoL and content added from the 3DS version)

Thunder Force IV (top-tier shoot ‘em up)

Herzog Zwei (new tutorial mode makes it so much less opaque)

Gain Ground (under-rated and unique arcade game)

Honourable mentions to Phantasy Star (massive QoL improvements to an influential vintage JRPG) and Wonder Boy: Monster Land (rock-hard arcade proto-proto-Metroidvania).

15 hours ago, acidbearboy said:

I bought Shinobi. Got most of the others I want. Anybody have an opinion on G-LOC? Looks a bit janky from the videos I watched. 

I also bought Bridge Strike for 89p which looks to be a homage to River Raid - an old favourite of mine from the Atari 2600. 

Bridge Strike is boooooring. Can’t recommend it.

Shinobi was alright though. 

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

All the Darius games are one sale. Which one would anyone recommend?

Screenshot_20220320-171221.thumb.jpg.465a1ffaca0449e40ffa6b9afb0045e7.jpg

Also Space Invaders Invincible is down to 22 quid from the eye watering 50-odd.

G-Darius HD and Arcade Collection for Gaiden alone.
If you had to pick just 1 then pick Gaiden.

Tempest 4000 will likely be the game that pushes me into upgrading to the OLED model; TxK was incredible on the original model Vita and the extra screen estate on the Switch will make this an absolute treat.