Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

Has anybody or their kids played any of the horsey games? I’ve seen the following in the sale but I know there are more.

Horse Club Adventures 1&2

Spirit Riding Free - Lucky’s Big Adventure

Horse Trails: Emerald Valley Ranch

Windstorm

Hoping for something more interesting than the DS style wash and groom your pony with the touch screen affair. 

In a similar vein, any recommendations for little kids? Our 5-in-a-few-weeks year old has demanded a Switch (like her big sisters) as her birthday/xmas present.

I've picked up cheap Paw Patrol (I know, class traitors etc) and PJ Masks carts to get her started, but I'd like to get her something other than licenced shite. 

14 minutes ago, Exit Chamber said:

In a similar vein, any recommendations for little kids? Our 5-in-a-few-weeks year old has demanded a Switch (like her big sisters) as her birthday/xmas present.

I've picked up cheap Paw Patrol (I know, class traitors etc) and PJ Masks carts to get her started, but I'd like to get her something other than licenced shite. 

Kirby: Star Allies is great for drop-in/out co-op play - I rinsed that with my 5 y/o. You can take lead and they can play as whatever allies you catch. It's much better than the likes of Sonic Mania for this.

The Paw Patrol game is fine, in the Mark Kermode sense; it does the job, perfectly adequate for its target audience. Drives me nuts when licenced games don't have the proper music though, but that's an issue stretching back into the 16-bit era.

We have Star Allies already, great game but I think it needs to be played on a single machine doesn't it? Not managed to have a sneaky check yet.

Probably should have added that they both (will) have lites, I'm ideally looking for something that can be played co-op on two switches locally.

56 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I've never really played a run-and-gun shooter before, but Huntdown has been on my list for a while now. Will someone who's not a fan of the genre enjoy it, or is a lot of its appeal down to its nostalgic homage to other games?

I think it is a fantastic game in its own right and doesn't rely on nostalgia to be great. The music, sound effects gameplay are all top notch.

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

I've never really played a run-and-gun shooter before, but Huntdown has been on my list for a while now. Will someone who's not a fan of the genre enjoy it, or is a lot of its appeal down to its nostalgic homage to other games?

You never played a Metal Slug?

Huntdown's not really the same thing as Contra or Metal Slug. It's more considered and careful in its action, I find. You're not constantly pushing forward and fighting seemingly endless waves. There's breathing space.

Or, put differently, I'm fucking shit at Contra and have to abuse credits in Metal Slug, but found Huntdown pitched just perfectly for me.

One of the best games of the last few years.