Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

14 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I'd never heard of Enter the Gungeon before all and sundry started going on about it. Is it just a shmup crossed with a dungeon crawler? I've watched a Let's Play and that's what it looked like, but there was no high score chasing, from what I could see.

I watched videos of it and wasn’t that impressed, but bought it because of the raving on here.

What videos don’t convey is the feel of the play mechanics, which are as old as time itself and fresh as a daisy. It’s brilliant.

Just now, iknowgungfu said:

Daft question with creating a floating account for other regions. I presume I will also need a spare email account too?

Yes but if you have Gmail just use youremail+region@gmail.com for it.

29 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I watched videos of it and wasn’t that impressed, but bought it because of the raving on here.

What videos don’t convey is the feel of the play mechanics, which are as old as time itself and fresh as a daisy. It’s brilliant.

Did you change the controls about, Zok?  I've played the tutorial and they already seemed to be weirdly laid out.

Yes, I can’t remember what was mentioned in here but I’ve now got fire on main right trigger, reload on right sub trigger, dash roll on left trigger, map on left sub trigger, interact on A, item use on B, blank on Y, etc.

Suits me much better, god knows how they came up with that default layout.

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

This isn’t hyrule warriors, you can’t just press attack and 100 enemies perish. 

You can't do that on HYRULE WARRIORS either unless you're horribly overpowered for the level.

But anyway. No, it isn't that. It's just sodding hard. Not least because it's almost impossible to tell what is a hole in the ground and what isn't. And the screen shakes so much you can't see a bloody thing.

4 minutes ago, deKay said:

You can't do that on HYRULE WARRIORS either unless you're horribly overpowered for the level.

But anyway. No, it isn't that. It's just sodding hard. Not least because it's almost impossible to tell what is a hole in the ground and what isn't. And the screen shakes so much you can't see a bloody thing.

You can set the screen shake to zero in settings.

10 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Does a credit card work for Mexican eshop?  Or do I need to obtain a redeemable card. If so I may have to way up how much I would lose if I have to change region again. 

No, but Norway and/or SA tend to be close in price at the moment. What you'll lose in markup on a card and then region-switching would probably not save you anything.

EDIT: Mind you it is dirt cheap from Mexico :lol:  ... ¡Bienvenidos al Valle del Rocío de las Estrellas, compañero!

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

No, but Norway and/or SA tend to be close in price at the moment. What you'll lose in markup on a card and then region-switching would probably not save you anything.

EDIT: Mind you it is dirt cheap from Mexico :lol:  ... ¡Bienvenidos al Valle del Rocío de las Estrellas, compañero!

I can’t seem to find anywhere that sells Mexican digi cards. When the time comes I’m tempted to just buy it from UK store as it sounds like it is more than worth it. 

On 14/02/2018 at 17:41, iknowgungfu said:

Also, if I were to buy Stardew from there will I need to learn Spanish at the same time?

If you use the google translate app you can literally point your phone camera at it and it translates it on screen for you

16 minutes ago, spe@rmint said:

arghh I am pants at Gungeon, the whole run one way shoot another way isn't goin well with my old man brain :blah:, lots of practice required.

:lol:

I got to the third boss!

Theres no way in hell you can accumulate 120 cases and 3 keys by the end of the second level though.

3 hours ago, spe@rmint said:

arghh I am pants at Gungeon, the whole run one way shoot another way isn't goin well with my old man brain :blah:, lots of practice required.

:lol:

It's just Robotron. How "old man" are you?!

57 minutes ago, deKay said:

It's just Robotron. How "old man" are you?!

What's Robotron? was it out on the Spectrum?

Edit: Robotron 2084? was indeed out for Spectrum, don't think I ever played it.

Tis the twin stick business am struggling with. Only had one stick on the Spectrum, probably a repurposed Quickshot 2, reinforced with nails after it disintegated playing Daley Thompsons Supertest.

Ah simpler times.

12 hours ago, g wings said:

Takes me back to the days of playing Sakura Wars while pouring over massive translation docs :(

Did it myself with print out guides for Japanse Metal Gear Solid (I still insisted on watching every cut scene and listening to every possible radio chat) and Wind Waker. Thank god we (mostly) don't have this shit anymore and localisation is a development process, not an afterthought.

12 hours ago, g wings said:

Takes me back to the days of playing Sakura Wars while pouring over massive translation docs :(

I tried this with the Dreamcast entry in the series (Sakura Taisen III?), and was completely scuppered by the fact that your responses in that are time limited (like, say, Alpha Protocol), even going so far as to have available choices change on the fly in some parts. Unplayable even with a translation to hand, as by the time you'd figured out which part of the translation corresponded to which choice it was too late to make it :( 

2 minutes ago, dfq23 said:

Axiom Verge is just over a tenner at the moment. Very tempting...

Everyone should buy Axiom Verge. Not only is it one of the best Metroidvanias ever, but the publisher is donating 75% of all profits of the game to the developer's sick son.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2017/11/22/axiom-verge-publisher-donating-75-percent-of-its-share-to-developers-sons-healthcare

31 minutes ago, spe@rmint said:

What's Robotron? was it out on the Spectrum?

Edit: Robotron 2084? was indeed out for Spectrum, don't think I ever played it.

Tis the twin stick business am struggling with. Only had one stick on the Spectrum, probably a repurposed Quickshot 2, reinforced with nails after it disintegated playing Daley Thompsons Supertest.

Ah simpler times.

Robotron was twin stick :)