IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

On 16/10/2018 at 10:11, VN1X said:

It's settled then. No slowdown, pop-up, low resolution, etc. Thanks NDF for saving the day. 

There's a frame rate video of it up online. It mostly sticks to a solid 30fps, only dropping a frame or two when zooming around the planet really fast or in a very big fight. It drops a lot more in two player split screen where it can hit low twenties during very heavy battles. 

I just got Black Bird off the JPN eShop and it's a curious little side scrolling shmup. Kind of hard to pinpoint anything it really reminds me of but I've already figured out that there's a bit of depth to its scoring and combo systems. It's a little bit like Survival mode in Resogun. It'll catch the eye for the frankly weird graphics and music and sound effects but it's a good little game, too. The music is seriously wonky, though, in a good way. Think Javert from Les Miserables but singing backwards, wordless and stoned.

Moonlighter is out on Nov 4th. Digitally for £22.49, £7 more than on Steam (£11.21 more than it's sale price) and £6.50 more than PSN. Physical copies are £30 (£10 more than PS4). Excited to see what improvements they've made to justify that extra cost. 

1 hour ago, Stanshall said:

I just got Black Bird off the JPN eShop and it's a curious little side scrolling shmup. Kind of hard to pinpoint anything it really reminds me of but I've already figured out that there's a bit of depth to its scoring and combo systems. It's a little bit like Survival mode in Resogun. It'll catch the eye for the frankly weird graphics and music and sound effects but it's a good little game, too. The music is seriously wonky, though, in a good way. Think Javert from Les Miserables but singing backwards, wordless and stoned.

OK, now I understand a bit more, this is bloody good. The upgrades were obscure at first but on my last run, I became a beast. I went through the last stage and got to the very end of the last boss without taking a hit because I was melting everything with my ghastly beak. Off to bed because I've got a 5am start sadly but I'll be looking forward to a decent session tomorrow evening. Very inventive game and I reckon plenty of strats ahead.

Hearty recommendation if you're into shmups or weird Japanese indie arcade games. 

1 hour ago, Stanshall said:

Million Onion Hotel is made by the same people and it's an amazing phone game. Might have to pick this up!

9 hours ago, jonamok said:

Why can’t I find Dungeon Village in the eshop? Thought it was out? It’s even covered in a news article saying out this week, but not even in the store’s coming soon section.

It’s definitely out. 

47D33702-4576-47FB-A38D-BFAFBCB7D0BE.thumb.jpeg.eed63a46f2c14c396c0dc8be94ae8c6d.jpeg

The Nintendo site usually has a few hours a day when titles go missing and search is useless though. Maybe that’s the issue?

10 hours ago, Radish said:

Moonlighter is out on Nov 4th. Digitally for £22.49, £7 more than on Steam (£11.21 more than it's sale price) and £6.50 more than PSN. Physical copies are £30 (£10 more than PS4). Excited to see what improvements they've made to justify that extra cost. 

Nintendo tax in full effect.

16 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Thanks for the replies. I may have to get both, sigh.

(And possibly Cave Story as well :unsure:)

So, Cave Story, Binding of Isaac, vvvvvvvv (however many vs...) that I missed before. This is proving an expensive month.

Darkest Dungeon is also 25% off - that's meant to be pretty good too, right?

2 hours ago, Eighthours said:

Nintendo tax in full effect.

Sadly it's this crap that means my Switch is getting less and less use at the moment. I can't justify an extra £7 or £8 a game just so it's portable. I think the Switch is mainly going to end up only being used for the 1st party titles going forward unless they sort this rubbish out ^_^

12 hours ago, Radish said:

It's a good time to revisit all those PS+ and Humble Bundle games you didn't get to play because you 'hadn't time'! #PerfectForSwitch

Nintendo doing us a favour by teaching us the true value of games, money - and yes, maybe even of life itself. You think people share that eShop regions website so they can find the cheapest version of the game? No, grasshopper. It is so they can find the most expensive.

9 minutes ago, Luseth said:

Sadly it's this crap that means my Switch is getting less and less use at the moment. I can't justify an extra £7 or £8 a game just so it's portable. I think the Switch is mainly going to end up only being used for the 1st party titles going forward unless they sort this rubbish out ^_^

I felt the same way until I discovered region switching and the South African store in particular, which is typically about 30% cheaper than the UK store. Now I don't buy certain games until they're in a Switch sale, even if they are still a bit more expensive than the PS4 versions, because I know that I'll be more likely to play them. This has become especially true lately with a one-month-old baby at home and very limited man cave time. Celeste, for example, which I've been wanting to play, is cheap as chips in the PSN sale at the moment but I'm still waiting for it to appear in a Switch one.

Yeah region switching is a real boon past the (sometimes) bullshit price variations.

I will freely admit to being part of the problem though; that my Switch is pretty much my main gaming machine means that sadly the extra cash is worth it for me to actually get money's worth, if you get my meaning? I can buy a game for my PS4 on sale, getting what I know is a great deal, and with the best will in the world I'm just never going to dedicate the time to it. I might pay extra on Switch but it's money spent on a game I'm actually spending time with. Apologies though, sadder still is that I know full well that I'm just perpetuating it.

33 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

This has become especially true lately with a one-month-old baby at home and very limited man cave time.

The reason I initially got a Switch but by the time we are in that position again I should have a nice backlog of first party games to enjoy.

Is there a guide about on how to do the region switching? And presumably you can still play them in English rather than the nation you purchased with?

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

The reason I initially got a Switch but by the time we are in that position again I should have a nice backlog of first party games to enjoy.

Is there a guide about on how to do the region switching? And presumably you can still play them in English rather than the nation you purchased with?

Gotters' helpful guide is on the first page of this thread. It's very simple to do. You can set up multiple separate accounts for different eshops, but I tend to just have one and switch it from region to region depending on the biggest discount. 95% of the time, though, it's the South African store.

As for language, it's my understanding that the game defaults to the language you've set up for the console itself (i.e., English), regardless where you buy it from, as long as the version you buy supports the language the Switch is set to.

12 hours ago, witchypoos said:

If that's not a.P.A.t.T., I'll eat my hat.

I thought that was an acronym until I Googled it. Never heard of them before, but sounds decent. I'd like the Black Bird OST but little Japanese tends to appear on streaming services. 

57 minutes ago, Junker said:

Bulb boy £1.22 at the moment.

Read a review that mentioned Oxenfree and Ren and Stimpy so that’s more then enough to get me interested.

It's worth a quid in the spirit of Halloween, yeah. I got it at launch but never completed it. 

I got Bulbboy, but the game glitched about halfway through and didn't recognise I'd collected an item. The game had autosaved so I would have had to restart from scratch. 

Wasn't a bad game up to that point, though. 

7 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Ikaruga for £7 (South Africa) seems good. Hopefully my FlipGrip should be showing up some time in Nov, so that’ll be handy. 

Sorry to say that I was thinking the same the other day so took a look and it’s now down as shipping in December. Not the end of the world like and personally I’d rather they took a bit more time if it means it’s better for it.