rllmuk
NEG

Two Point Hospital

oh yeah, I got that link from Eurogamer as well, so I would hope it's legit.

About ten minutes later I got texts from my bank about fraudulent transactions and got mildly worried but that was on a different card and since sometime last week anyway, so it's a coincidence.

The problem with games like this that try to take an old title that's long over due for a sequel or remake is in bringing it up to modern standards it loses something the original had. Thankfully this doesnt have that problem at all. It feels pretty much like Theme Hospital if the first level is anything to go by which is no bad thing.

Theres very little else to say, if you like Theme Hospital then this feels like more of the same. I do have one minor complaint, i wish the colour pallet was a bit more vibrant, the original Theme Hospital was almost garish at times but that worked in it's favour to give a brighter feel to the game and also helped characters really stand out, wheres in two point its a little hard to work out whos a doctor and whos a patient on quick glance. It's also a bit of a shame that the best diseases were already used up in Theme Hospital so the ones that are similar here come across a bit weaker joke wise and visually.

But beyond those nit picks you can't say no to grabbing this at £14.

Indeed, I couldn't say no to the £14 Voidu offer and bought it for the OH. She was going out last night so she hasn't had time to try it yet, but she was thrilled to bits. Thanks @milko for the tip!

First 2 missions 3*-ed.

Like it lots - it's pretty much exactly what I expected/wanted!

Has anyone found a way to cure boredom in Wards? People keep whinging!

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

First 2 missions 3*-ed.

Like it lots - it's pretty much exactly what I expected/wanted!

Has anyone found a way to cure boredom in Wards? People keep whinging!

Leaflet dispensers, magazine racks, book cases and some posters relieve it a bit but I haven't managed to get rid of the moaning completely. 

Just now, spork said:

Leaflet dispensers, magazine racks, book cases and some posters relieve it a bit but I haven't managed to get rid of the moaning completely. 

I don't think you can put any of those in the Wards though!

If anyone on Steam wants to actually challenge people (I did loads last night for K Points and only one person was playing - HexxUK is my ID)

8 minutes ago, Hexx said:

I don't think you can put any of those in the Wards though!

If anyone on Steam wants to actually challenge people (I did loads last night for K Points and only one person was playing - HexxUK is my ID)

Oh in wards. Posters can go up and I'm sure there will be other items you can unlock specifically for dealing with boredom in wards. Would a higher room prestige level help too maybe? 

I've only completed the first two levels (to three stars), but yeah, it's ace so far. Completely lives up to Theme Hospital's legacy in a way that all of the Dungeon Keeper homages have utterly failed to do, matching it in charm as well as mechanics. And the new bits and pieces - optional challenges vs people in your friends list (damn you Hexx), the persistent unlocks that allow you to go back and redo earlier levels with new equipment etc. - are all very welcome. Lovely stuff.

Just a shame the name is so unmemorable.

Stop making it sound so good. 

Do I keep Shadow going and get this, or hope it gets a console release at some point. 

• Upvote 1

Loved the few hours I played before.

I haven’t looked up what Theme Hospital looks like but in my head it’s exactly how Two Point Hospital is.  It’s bloody brill! 

So this is on sale at the moment for £20 and I’m very glad I’ve given it a go.  I bought it and Cities Skylines and everything about the early game on TPH has been far superior to Cities, it’s so much more engaging and accessible and, just plain fun.

Its addictive as anything, though.  Several times I’ve got caught “just doing one more thing” and before I knew it I was an hour late cooking dinner :P 

Ive got the first hospital up to three stars/level 6 and am working on my second now!

• Upvote 1

My other half got this over Christmas as well and has been playing it pretty obsessively since then. Last night about 3am he was talking in his sleep:

Him: "You ok?"

Me: "Yeah, why?"

Him: "Let me know if you want me to build you a bigger hospital room."

Me: "....."

Not impressed. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Confirmed for Switch, PS4 and Xbone

Yay! Really want to play this.

Assuming it runs reasonably well I'll be very tempted to double-dip on Switch, as this'll be perfect on the go. Though ideally it would have cross-saves with PC, as I'd rather not have to start from the very beginning again...

Loving this on the switch.  Only on my second hospital but plays great so far, and the controls are intuitive and easy to use. 

Partner loved it back in the day so I bought it 'them' as a 'present'. Ho ho ho.

• Upvote 1

Yep, it is glorious! Not the best at layouts, but enjoying figuring things out. 

Been playing it via game pass and it's really great. On the 4th hospital and struggling a bit though with money. 

Really need that sandbox mode to hurry up on consoles as I just want to build a massive hospital with no limitations. 

• Upvote 1

Really enjoying it too, got the 3 stars on the first 2 hospitals. The Freddie Mercury characters generated a chuckle, shame they didn't throw in a few Michael Jacksons and others for variety. My tidiness OCD wishes items would snap to the grid to keep things neatly lined up. Otherwise looking forward to things becoming more challenging and opening up more stuff.

Been addicted to this the last few weeks. Difficulty ramps up at the Flemington Hospital. Although the learning curve is brilliant and it's throwing new stuff each hospital. 

Just remember that your research carries on hospital to hospital. I basically used the research and teaching scenario to bump up everything I could at the time. 

Also, if you restart a map and have one star or 2 or have partially filled out a bunch of requests then the restart means you won't lose that progress. 

I need to go back and 3 star the first 3 scenarios. Learnt a lot from the ones after and have a ton of research and new equipment. 

Worst thing is though I have had about 5 hard crashes in about 25 hours play. Playing on X as well. 

1 hour ago, MagicalDrop said:

Really enjoying it too, got the 3 stars on the first 2 hospitals. The Freddie Mercury characters generated a chuckle, shame they didn't throw in a few Michael Jacksons and others for variety. My tidiness OCD wishes items would snap to the grid to keep things neatly lined up. Otherwise looking forward to things becoming more challenging and opening up more stuff.

They do snap. Think there is an option in settings. 

2 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Worst thing is though I have had about 5 hard crashes in about 25 hours play. Playing on X as well. 

Played about 20 hours so far an no crashes here (One X)

Bought this as a diversion for when Bloodborne gets too intense/hard/exhausting. And it's pretty much perfect as a misery and doom antidote.

Find the controls a *bit* clunky (playing on Switch) - feels like buttons change meaning quite a lot. But my god it's a charming game, and there's a LOT of depth under there. Feels like I could easily see my monthly trip down to Cornwall on the train happily melt away.

• Upvote 1