rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
SMD

Danganronpa v3 Demo - where is it?

So I started DRv3 and it tells me I can unlock bonuses by completing the demo. Okay, fine, I'm up for an extra case that isn't related to the main game. Except I can't find it on the Vita store or the webstore. Google doesn't mention anything about it being removed.

What's going on here?

And I didn't want to dive into the megathread at the risk of spoilers, plus if someone can answer this maybe other poor sods will come across this thread and not wonder the same question.

How are you looking for it on the store? If you're searching by name could be worth looking in the demos section instead. I downloaded it on PS4 that way probably a month back.

8 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

A whole new case? Is this for real? Sounds too good to be true, but how the hell would it fit into the main storyline?

It doesn't, it's meant to be separate from the game but linked to the first two (that's all I know because I didn't want to look up anything else)

6 minutes ago, Rsdio said:

How are you looking for it on the store? If you're searching by name could be worth looking in the demos section instead. I downloaded it on PS4 that way probably a month back.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/grid/search-game/1?query=danganronpa

I can only find the VR demo in the demo section, I'd happily have it pointed out that I'm being blind but I can't find it at all.

• Upvote 1

Having just looked for it on Google it looks like it might only be on the US PSN store. I found a link but when it tried to change to the EU store on loading, it couldn't find anything.

Just booted up the PS4 to have a look, it's disappeared on there too.. Must've happened quite recently. I feel like some other stuff is missing in that section as well, I'm sure it used to have much more there than it currently has.

1 minute ago, Andy XC said:

Yeah on the US store....

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1063-CUSA08614_00-TAIKENV3PS400000

Log out of the UK/EU store to use the above link and I doubt using the demo will unlock bonuses for non-US versions because, regions.

Yeah it's the Vita anyway so changing region means formatting the card because thanks Sony.

Still, what the fuck? Didn't the demo go up in August? I didn't even know there was one.

Yeah, I had the exact same issue at the start of the month, just gave up and lived without the bonuses (I played the demo on PC out of curiosity and, frankly, it's not the best. You're not missing anything in terms of story). 

I’ve got the demo. They obviously delisted it.

Ive been interested in Danganronpa for a while so I downloaded it when it came out and was quite curious about the game afterwards.

Someone on reddit complained about this a while ago.

For completing it, you get 333 coins and what sounds like a SFW fan-service scene of some characters painting another character's nails in chapter 1 of the full game. You can probably find that vid on YouTube.

Unfortunately the mini-case you get in the demo is now lost to time for EU players it seems. I didn't get to play it either.

To be honest I just wanted to play it for the coins and I heard which main characters were in it.

That's so weird though, why delist a demo? Are they Konami or something?

That really sucks. Didn't realise there was a demo and am just playing through the second game. Hopefully they see some sense and put it back

35 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

That really sucks. Didn't realise there was a demo and am just playing through the second game. Hopefully they see some sense and put it back

If you're invested in the plot, just a heads up that Danganronpa v3 is not Danganronpa 3. The latter was released as an anime (with frankly a very weird structure) and I've heard it's had mixed reviews. I watched it and it was a bit weird, I won't go into why for spoilers.

1 hour ago, SMD said:

If you're invested in the plot, just a heads up that Danganronpa v3 is not Danganronpa 3. The latter was released as an anime (with frankly a very weird structure) and I've heard it's had mixed reviews. I watched it and it was a bit weird, I won't go into why for spoilers.

Cheers for the heads up, I'll hunt the anime down once I've finished the second game. Only on the first case but already confused about where the second one fits with the first. And I doubt it will come clear but am already having fun with it, particularly the 2 mascot characters and their interplay

9 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Cheers for the heads up, I'll hunt the anime down once I've finished the second game. Only on the first case but already confused about where the second one fits with the first. And I doubt it will come clear but am already having fun with it, particularly the 2 mascot characters and their interplay

Pupupupu

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, SMD said:

Pupupupu

I wind my boys up by saying that at least 5 times a day when they are trying to complain about something

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Vorgot said:

...I'll hunt the anime down once I've finished the second game.

Play Ultra Despair Girls before watching the anime if you can as some characters from that game show up in the anime as well.

The current plot order is -

Danganronpa 1,

Danganronpa 2,

Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls,

Danganronpa 3 anime,

Danganronpa V3

Once you're done with all of that, check out Danganronpa/Zero, a 2 volume light novel prequel to the 1st game (currently Japan-only) written by the creator of the series.

The anime is available for streaming here  -  http://www.crunchyroll.com/danganronpa-3-the-end-of-hopes-peak-high-school

If you really want to see the demo, English voiced version is here -

Japanese voiced version is here -

• Upvote 1

Cheers, good to know the anime is on Crunchyroll. Thanks for all the heads up! And it's not that I want to see the demo really, I'll be getting that game eventually, just it would have been nice to get the extra bonuses! Cheers @Djx