rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Benny

The Official Rllmuk Game of the Year Awards 2017 - BONUS

So far this is the most passive aggressive top games list I've ever read.

If disclaimers are needed to temper any praise maybe we should have just kept it to top 10?

Yeah Benny, whip up some praise for a game you've never played! How people must miss my endlessly upbeat and cheerful appraisals of games, with nary a criticism in sight.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Yeah Benny, whip up some praise for a game you've never played! How people must miss my endlessly upbeat and cheerful appraisals of games, with nary a criticism in sight.

We miss you @Wiper ;)

No offence Benny...but no one does passive aggressive loathing of critically acclaimed games quite like the original keeper of the Rllmuk games of the year...

So um ignore @Darwock and do carry on

9 hours ago, Wiper said:

My comment was not referring to Benny's hard work, apologies if it sounded that way.

The selected quotes for entry 19 make it sound like it belongs on a Worst 20 list.

• Upvote 1

No games outside the top 20? If I had realised thats how it was going to be I wouldn't have wasted my votes on games that had no chance. Even worse, two of those inside the top twenty are GT Sport and a port of the most boring Final Fantasy. The Mukies ladies and gentleman. While the top three were so easy to predict I could not have seen this coming

• Downvote 1

FFXII's was one of those games where completing the main story was just a sideline to exploring the actual game. Years later I was still off questing and hunting. Never did get all those marks.

Glad to see FF XII make the top 20. Fantastic game - the best FF ever, after VII of course. The remaster is the best way to play. Managed to get all the marks, too.

5 hours ago, SweatyTravolta said:

No games outside the top 20? If I had realised thats how it was going to be I wouldn't have wasted my votes on games that had no chance. Even worse, two of those inside the top twenty are GT Sport and a port of the most boring Final Fantasy. The Mukies ladies and gentleman. While the top three were so easy to predict I could not have seen this coming

Did you read the bit where I said I would be listing the runners up but that I was going to do the top 20 first? It's nearly a quarter of the games I did write ups for the top 100 so it seems fine for one year.

• Upvote 3

The comments about GT Sport are a bit funny. Most of them amount to 'Errr, yeah, I'm sure it'll get better soon'.

If I find out it got more votes than ARMS I'm gonna kick off.

30 minutes ago, Benny said:

Did you read the bit where I said I would be listing the runners up but that I was going to do the top 20 first? It's nearly a quarter of the games I did write ups for the top 100 so it seems fine for one year.

Yeah but by that point, who cares? Congrats at Zelda being number one also here's a list of other games that no ones going to read because all the results are in. Where's the suspense there? I do like your write ups though.

7 minutes ago, Nequests said:

The comments about GT Sport are a bit funny. Most of them amount to 'Errr, yeah, I'm sure it'll get better soon'.

If I find out it got more votes than ARMS I'm gonna kick off.

It'll no doubt be higher than Forza 7 too which is just fucking bonkers but we do have more Playstation owners here. Or maybe a lot of people didn't get a chance to play much because you're right, from everyone's write up it sounds like the most miserable experience.

I can see why Benny is doing it that way. It'll be easy to guess what made the top 20 if we can see everything that didn't. For a year in which we already know the top two and some of the surprise is lost, I think it's the right call.

1 hour ago, Nequests said:

It was hurried out with a limited number of gameplay modes, but the racing is there and it’s fun. Much like SFV launched as a decent fighting experience with a bunch of missing extras (lobbies, arcade mode, challenges etc), this was an enjoyable racer with a lack of gameplay structure - and it’s the racing that kept me coming back and helped GT earn my vote. And since the voting periodLeague mode has added a lot of that missing structure with a bunch of varied events to try :) 

Although it should be noted that I don’t own an Xbox One or a decent PC so I can’t compare it with other racers on those platforms...

2 hours ago, Nequests said:

I can see why Benny is doing it that way. It'll be easy to guess what made the top 20 if we can see everything that didn't. For a year in which we already know the top two and some of the surprise is lost, I think it's the right call.

Exactly this. It's almost like I had a plan!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SweatyTravolta said:

I'm sure that's what Theresa May thinks as well.

You can do the awards next year. Seriously.

Good the first point of order is to change last years results so that dumb cat simulator loses out to DOOM 2016 as Jesus intended, DOOM will also be GOTY 2018 because of the X patch making it legal. There done. That was easy.

I wanted to bore you all with what I thought instead. I've tended to use quotes when I've not played a game or played very little of it.

• Upvote 2