rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Sloth

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - Operation Grand Heist: Super Money Warfare Shooting Turbo

I wish the Black Ops 4 account system was the same as Fortnite, so that I could play on both PC and PS4 with a single account. I get the feeling that Black Ops 4 could be a big investment, both in terms of cash for DLC and also time for unlocks, levels etc. Fortnite has cracked this with its cross-play and account system.

At the moment I can't justify buying it for PC in addition to PS4, even though I'd love to. I don't have the time to level up two accounts and given the larger player base on PS4, I've had to pick that platform despite the better experience on PC. Shame really.

Oh man, Blackout is so good. The fluidity of CoD but in an environment which forces a slower pace with quick burst action (which by its nature the engine is basically built for) and it’s just delicious. I had a brutal one on one fight around a couple of sheds earlier, ending in a sickening shotgun headshot with burst of red at the end. 

If anything, I’m finding the weapon choice a bit puzzling, but this is likely spoiled by Fortnite (and other) colour coding system and is nothing practice won’t fix. 

Even the attachment system is good I think,  it is there an easy way to detach all attachments when you want t9 drop a gun to pickup another? 

Im struggling to see with the UI in menus what the progression system is exactly but don’t suppose it matters hugely. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Minion said:

Well it took a week but the quickscopers are now out in force. So much fun...

Theyve been there since day one ;) 

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Theyve been there since day one ;) 

Well I hadn't really come across any till today, it's a very fast paced game but the snipers need to be a bit slower because it's kind of ridiculous.

I got murdered out there tonight. I think the connecting to servers issue I got just now, was the game showing me mercy.

• Empathy 1

1 hour ago, Omizzay said:

It seems like everyone is using a Scuf Controller now.  Fucking jumping all over the shop.

Yep bouncing around like kangaroos to get round the lag issue when coming around a corner. The lag is just as bad as BO2 and BO3 for me

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

Why can't a "TURRIPALL AEY" game like BLOPS4 get the basics right? I guess it's time for me to bow out of mp and jump into Zombies. I really want to like the multiplayer but it's a bit of a joke at the moment. Even going back to Quake Champions feels like a breath of fresh air and that game has a whole host of issues lol. 

Are the servers down for this at the moment? Can't seem to connect at all, getting stuck on the Connecting to Servers page. 

On 19/10/2018 at 15:26, VN1X said:

A bad guitarist won't suddenly play like Steve Vai/Joe Satriani if they're handed better gear lol. We're talking milliseconds here. 

Ya gotta work on yer gamesense and improve your skills the old fashioned way; keep playing and learn from your mistakes! 

Welll this post hasn't aged very well. :lol:

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, VN1X said:

^

I have no idea what the fuck is going on with the netcode in this game. Abysmal. 

Is this some click bait stuff to get Arena fans who hate Blackout up in arms? 

So the server is contacted at 20Hz? 20 frames out of the 60 per second? So fuck? 

This is probably mostly in your head and I’d recommend enjoying a good game over letting YouTube videos tell you want to think. 

10 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

So the server is contacted at 20Hz? 20 frames out of the 60 per second? So fuck? 

This is probably mostly in your head and I’d recommend enjoying a good game over letting YouTube videos tell you want to think. 

20hz tickrate is awful and will account for lots of ‘lag’ kills and deaths, having hitboxes bigger than visible players is equally awful - it basically means there is no point trying to aim all that well and explains all the jumping and death round corners. It’s a shambles esp as COD historically has had a great tickrate and been a shining example on consoles to pc nerds.

Fortnite has a better tick rate, I doubt there is a shooter out there with worse and that is shocking.

Im still having fun but it will change how you play, no point in finessing the aim and make sure you spray into cover for some immediate improvement - it will get patched better I’m sure...

38 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

lol you have no idea what any of this means do you? :P We've been asking for 120hz tickrate in CS:GO for years now (double of what it is currently). The demand is so high that third-party companies are providing just that and are able to sustain servers across the globe and host professional tournaments as well. 

Anyway check out 6:20 from that video and then brush up on your netcode basics here. What it boils down to is that: the lower the tickrate the more inconsistent gameplay will be, especially when you take your own connection into account on top of display & input lag. It makes for a terrible multiplayer experience; one where randomness is a very high factor unfortunately. 60hz should be the bare minimum for any competitive multiplayer game. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, VN1X said:

lol you have no idea what any of this means do you? :P We've been asking for 120hz tickrate in CS:GO for years now (double of what it is currently). The demand is so high that third-party companies are providing just that and are able to sustain servers across the globe and host professional tournaments as well. 

Anyway check out 6:20 from that video and then brush up on your netcode basics here. What it boils down to is that: the lower the tickrate the more inconsistent gameplay will be, especially when you take your own connection into account on top of display & input lag. It makes for a terrible multiplayer experience; one where randomness is a very high factor unfortunately. 60hz should be the bare minimum for any competitive multiplayer game. 

Explains your high kill games tho ehh, lag switching ;) 

• Upvote 3

It literally feels like every other COD, except this time the actual game’s not shit. 

YMMV as always... and I’m sure if people make a big enough noise they’ll address it, but meh. 

I see Splatoon 2 has a tick rate of 16Hz? I bet this is absolutely not even a thing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

The Black Ops reddit is up in arms over it, apparently the beta had 60hz tick rate servers so they consider it a downgrade as it is a financial decision to have 20hz servers instead of the more expensive 60hz. Apparently, I don't know much about these things but if it's true then it's understandable why people would be pissed off at one of the biggest money making franchises skimping on servers which directly affects gameplay for more profit.

39 minutes ago, Minion said:

The Black Ops reddit is up in arms over it, apparently the beta had 60hz tick rate servers so they consider it a downgrade as it is a financial decision to have 20hz servers instead of the more expensive 60hz. Apparently, I don't know much about these things but if it's true then it's understandable why people would be pissed off at one of the biggest money making franchises skimping on servers which directly affects gameplay for more profit.

Still more than Fortnite with its 18Hz tickrate! 

rpg those jumping dicks always works for me.

Had another duos win with Rambo DVT, utterly epic those last few moments of trying to keep it all together.

• Upvote 2