rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Sloth

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - Operation Grand Heist: Super Money Warfare Shooting Turbo

11 hours ago, Pug said:

How are peeps painting their characters?

In Blackout, you have to do the challanges to unlock the characters, and then you have access to various costumes and war paint options.

In multiplayer, it relies on challenges and the Black Market system to unlock costumes, emotes and face paint.

• Upvote 2

Got a couple of nice Dark Ops calling cards last night in Blackout - the first one by chance and then after some googling, a few more.

I seemed to be the only one to land in Estates so after a bunch of looting I shot some hoops on the basketball court.  The ball physics are terrible, but I eventually made one for the Baller calling card (which I'm currently rocking).

Also, my favourite new spot to land is right next to the ship in Cargo Docks.  There's a buoy there and if you swim underneath you will find a mystery box full of amazing loot.  You will also get another calling card and most of the time there will be a helicopter that spawns there.

The last one I got is quite easy.  There's that diner where the zombies spawn.  If you play the jukebox you complete the challenge and get a calling card.

Currently, I'm working on killing 100 zombies to get that calling card.

• Upvote 1

Got a calling card in blackout for beating a guy to death with my fists. And ive looked under that bouy near the boat several times and a chest has never been there. Do i have to land directly in the sea?

1 hour ago, p1nseeker said:

Got a calling card in blackout for beating a guy to death with my fists. And ive looked under that bouy near the boat several times and a chest has never been there. Do i have to land directly in the sea?

Apparently it's not always on the left hand side, sometimes it spawns on the right.  I've found it many times under the left one though, but yeah i parachute straight into the water.

unplayable in CORE for me, have play Hardcore, there at least I get some kills. Emptying a whole clip into someone tight in front of me, and, I shot first, yet I die = crap. It was the same with other Black Ops. These YouTubers getting 50,60 100 + kills to no deaths are some on kind of special connection. 

Mine is BT Ultrafast 2, 65MB, 30 Ping - and still crap in CORE

6 hours ago, KriessG said:

First Duo & Blackout victory in general this morning with @Dave White, great work fella, we bossed it :) 

superb match and well done on the final kill. 

Im starting to think the game launched in a better state than it is now, whether its the patches goofing everything up?  The dreaded bullets around corners are back and the hit detection can be right off sometimes. And classic cod full clip pump vs 1 hit by the opponent is back.

Its utterly frustrating and hope they fix it soon. Wish the option to play on European servers was in.

27 minutes ago, Dave White said:

Im starting to think the game launched in a better state than it is now, whether its the patches goofing everything up?  The dreaded bullets around corners are back and the hit detection can be right off sometimes. And classic cod full clip pump vs 1 hit by the opponent is back.

Its utterly frustrating and hope they fix it soon. Wish the option to play on European servers was in.

I remember always thinking that with a new Cod. This time that may be the case, but it's more likely that as you get you used to the gun damage, the TTK and the hit boxes you just start to notice things more.

I just got autokicked from a game because I was playing as Battery and a team mate ran into my cluster charge.

This isn’t Siege.

You have small maps with respawn and people playing aggressively. Bonkers.

Three major new (and very welcome) updates:

- They increased the servers from 20Hz to 30Hz.  Still not as good as launch, but it should make a significant difference to bullet detection and lag and it shows that they're listening to the community and acting quickly.  I imagine it will eventually go up to 60Hz in the next month or so to avoid backlash.

- Mercenary Moshpit mode: this is probably one of the best additions for solo players.  No more getting pitted against sweaty ass teams.  Everyone in this mode is solo.  Apparently they will change modes every week - currently, it's got Domination, Hardpoint and Control.

- Black Market progression system has been made a lot more lenient and realistic.  You don't have to grind 8 hours a day in order to unlock the 200 tiers anymore.

Treyarch really is the best of the COD developers in terms of listening to the community and acting fast.  Bottom line is BO4 just got a lot better!

• Upvote 6

There are 200 tiers? Huh?

I selected Black Market and saw 5 but I haven’t been getting progress updates after games. Does any game mode unlock them?

5 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

There are 200 tiers? Huh?

I selected Black Market and saw 5 but I haven’t been getting progress updates after games. Does any game mode unlock them?

No, you just have to play in either Multiplayer or Blackout.  Time played unlocks tiers.

• Upvote 1

I hear this has a "censored" mode that cuts out blood and swearing? My kids are asking for it as "people in their class have it" (that old chestnut) and the get-out is this censored mode. I find this fascinating, obviously a tacit admission that a lot of their fanbase are children. Not inclined to give in unless this censored mode makes you shoot flowers, but out of interest has anyone tried it?

10 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I hear this has a "censored" mode that cuts out blood and swearing? My kids are asking for it as "people in their class have it" (that old chestnut) and the get-out is this censored mode. I find this fascinating, obviously a tacit admission that a lot of their fanbase are children. Not inclined to give in unless this censored mode makes you shoot flowers, but out of interest has anyone tried it?

Makes the game have a cel shaded look with no gore, but I think it's just for Zombies, not multiplayer or Blackout.  Anyways, it's in the main settings.

4 minutes ago, Omizzay said:

Makes the game have a cel shaded look with no gore, but I think it's just for Zombies, not multiplayer or Blackout.  Anyways, it's in the main settings.

Cheers. Reading up on it, I wonder if it is more to avoid some sort of rating category issue with the over the top gore of Zombies mode, as opposed to any attempt to attract kids.

And the multiplayer IS gory , I often find my dismembered torso flying through the air spraying blood in glorious hi def.

45 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

If you turn off the "mature content", I think that stops the blood / gore / bad language etc. I play with this turned off and I don't see any of the blood etc. that I see in some of the YouTube videos.

If you enable the "cell shaded" filter, then this makes the graphics "a bit less scary" by making them more cartoon-like and less realistic. 

You can also disable voice chat for anyone who isn't in your party. This means that they won't hear people talking online unless you've explicitly partied up with them.

These are all separate things but I would turn off the mature content and enable cell shading, and definitely turn on the "party chat only" option.

With these things done you've basically got an action FPS with no blood/gore and no bad language.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, tyagi said:

These are all separate things but I would turn off the mature content and enable cell shading, and definitely turn on the "party chat only" option.

With these things done you've basically got an action FPS with no blood/gore and no bad language.

Huh. That's pretty cool. Of course you got the whole 'glorifying violence' thing but.... *waves hands vaguely*.

Probably still will hold on to see if they lose interest, TBH I don't see them stopping playing Fortnite for anything. But thanks for the info.

3 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

Huh. That's pretty cool. Of course you got the whole 'glorifying violence' thing but.... *waves hands vaguely*.

Probably still will hold on to see if they lose interest, TBH I don't see them stopping playing Fortnite for anything. But thanks for the info.

If they play Fortnite, then this is basically more "army man".. and much more difficult... version of the same thing. With more real-looking guns etc.

If they go to see Marvel movies at the cinema then a heavily censored and parent-supervised game of this type may be comparable.

1 hour ago, p1nseeker said:

Bear in mind that during the course of a MP game they may need to shoot a dog to death

As a dog lover I still think that fucking hound has too much health.

Also couldn't figure out why I couldn't find the Black Market; it's not been released on Xbox yet :doh:

9 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

As a dog lover I still think that fucking hound has too much health.

Also couldn't figure out why I couldn't find the Black Market; it's not been released on Xbox yet :doh:

Bloody dog has more health than me :( 

Saying that whenever I instantiate one it's dead in about 3 seconds.

The other day I set my dog to follow on Contraband and it went underwater and stood there motionless. I was quite traumatised.

1 minute ago, DC Lemon said:

The other day I set my dog to follow on Contraband and it went underwater and stood there motionless. I was quite traumatised.

Mine spawned in a cupboard the other day I could just see its head looking out at me. Obviously it didn't achieve much.