IGNORED

Nintendo Direct - March 8, 2018

Mr Do 71

30 minutes isnt bad considering at points, that's just a bit shorter than their E3 video presentations.

I expect at least 5 minutes will cover Mario Tennis, maybe another 5 minutes covering Detective Pikachu and perhaps a bit on Kirby?

I would expect them to release some news of at least one new game, whether it's a port (hope not) or a sequel (Mario Maker / Smash Bros).

10 minutes ago, rgraves said:

I'm not expecting much. It's only 30 mins, and it's both 3DS and Switch. And it's covering Mario Tennis. Not a lot of space left for anything else big IMO.

Set hype-o-meter to: LOW

They crammed 287345817653487 games into a ten minute one. So plenty of time.

Likely there'll be the official Diablo III announcement, I expect.

From a twitter called "Vandal leaks" (at work so can't embed):

Grezzo staff introduces Ever Oasis Sagas. It is a remake of 2017's Ever Oasis on Unreal Engine. Includes 6 new characters and new  zones to  battle and explore.

Really hope this ends up being true as I loved the demo for Ever Oasis on 3DS. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I think Nintendo need to stop releasing so many Wii U ports. For the loyal Nintendo fans with a Wii U, it's disappointing to see such a large proportion of Switch titles are simply recycled at full price. Unless they could offer Mario Maker Switch to existing owners for a £5 upgrade fee or something.

We were promised in their Japanese Shareholders meeting that dropping the 3DS would fix the notorious "software drought", but that doesn't seem to be the case yet.

what software drought?  You're having a laugh surely... 

4 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I think Nintendo need to stop releasing so many Wii U ports. For the loyal Nintendo fans with a Wii U, it's disappointing to see such a large proportion of Switch titles are simply recycled at full price. Unless they could offer Mario Maker Switch to existing owners for a £5 upgrade fee or something.

We were promised in their Japanese Shareholders meeting that dropping the 3DS would fix the notorious "software drought", but that doesn't seem to be the case yet.

I guess most people are hoping it's not simply a port. There is A LOT they could add. Plus, considering my youtube channel deals with a lot of Mario Maker content it would be good to get the game back into the limelight (well, it still is but the audience for a mario maker would be massive on switch)