Jump to content
rllmuk
Capwn

The Division 2

Recommended Posts

I had the Henry Hayes bug for a few days, I kept coming back at different times and was finally able to interact with the shipping container. I thought the last patch was supposed to sort it though, bit shit that it didn't. 

 

I'm missing 1 SHD cache and it's inside an unrepeatable side quest. Apparently you can activate a bounty in the same area to get it, but I've had no luck thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

I had the Henry Hayes bug for a few days, I kept coming back at different times and was finally able to interact with the shipping container. I thought the last patch was supposed to sort it though, bit shit that it didn't. 

 

I'm missing 1 SHD cache and it's inside an unrepeatable side quest. Apparently you can activate a bounty in the same area to get it, but I've had no luck thus far.

 

Yeah I’ve tried rerunning the Lincoln memorial mission (only joined halfway in but don’t think that would matter), and doing side missions, nothing has done it so far. Some people are saying Ubisoft can’t replicate the bug, so I’m not sure when a fix will be incoming :( very annoying.

 

That cache you mention (south east corner of Downtown West) is still bugged too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at World Tier 4,  all story stuff done other than the upcoming stronghold. The map is now telling me to go talk to bloody Henry Hayes as well. No sign of him when I get there. I'm presuming this bug has appeared as I was helping two friends yesterday do the story missions and level up. Hopefully won't effect the game in the long run for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my days, the DZ is officially even crazier now but the loot, oh the loot! :o:lol::D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fudge said:

Is there a PC clan for mukkers?

 

What Scruff said. Search for rllmuk when you've opened the clan stuff and we should pop up. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Is there any point to the year pass for this? looking for info, you just get 7 days early access to content?

 

You also get access to 8 exclusive missions (I would imagine they’ll be similar in scope to the side missions in the base game) and instant access to 3 new specialisations when they’re released, as opposed to having to earn/grind for them in some way.

 

I haven’t bothered with the Year 1 pass as I’m happy to wait a week for the new content when it drops and I don’t think the additional exclusive missions are going to be all that substantial.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want to take anyway from the enjoyment that the majority in this thread are having with the game but below is just my thoughts on The Division 2.

 

I pretty much gave up on this last night. I’ve had it since day one and hit level 18 but its just not for me. The game is amazing visually; the amount of detail in the city, the feeling (for me anyway) that there is not the same old assets repeated over and over. The subtle little touches with animals (one of my best moments was crouched near a car and next to me was a trash can and a raccoon was fishing through looking for stuff).

 

The audio is fantastic; the weapon noises, the score and the John Carpenter style music that kicks in during some missions. I really can’t fault it.

 

I guess I’m just not a fan of loot shooters. I sort of got on with Destiny but with Division 2 it feels like I’m walking 1km and in that space I’ve picked up another 5-6 weapons and assorted crap. My neat freak nature makes me spend half the time trying to organise stuff and worrying over what I should stick with and what I should flog or break down.

 

The gun play/ combat is enjoyable and the cover system 99% of the time works fine. Day one I took the advice of this thread and turned off the visual cues for cover and vaulting over stuff.

 

I think the 6 month time period from the outbreak starting in NYC is a bit Meh. The city looks more like something from The Last of Us after years of neglect not a couple of months. I sort of miss the presence of civilians that the first Division had rather than all you see are green (tooled up) allies and everyone else is the enemy.

 

One last thing, with cans of petrol all over the bloody place how come no bugger is using any vehicles? Eh? 

 

Glad I spent the cash on it but its just too samey for me. :hat:

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, idiwa said:

One last thing, with cans of petrol all over the bloody place how come no bugger is using any vehicles? Eh? 

 

Probably because idiots like me keep shooting out all the tyres :P

 

Sorry to hear the game isn't for you. It sounds like you gave it a good crack in fairness and I can see your point of view on a number of the points you make (I developed a very quick and simple process for gear churn that I've stuck to to keep my inventory OCD at bay). I had a small blip around the 15-20 level mark to be honest, mainly because all my mates had speed run to endgame and were talking about gear score and stronghold and I felt like they were off playing another game while I pottered on doing some fairly same things (clearing the map). For me though it's all come back together again and I'm really enjoying it.

 

Good luck with whatever takes your fancy next! 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

 

Probably because idiots like me keep shooting out all the tyres :P

 

Ha! thats another thing... being in a firefight and taking cover behind a car and seeing the car drop a few inches as the bad guys shoot out the tyres. Just amazing attention to detail. I don't know why but every firefight felt like I was in the bank shootout scene in Heat. Just pouring fire into an area and pinning down the enemy, again the sound/ audio making it sound insane.

 

I bought it via PSN so I might go back to it as some stage, you never know. :)

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having just hit endgame I can promise you it changes up a bit later on if you do get the itch again. The gear churn/grind is the same but boy does it suddenly pack a bigger punch.

 

Just did Washington Hotel (Invaded) solo and it was a totally different experience to first time round, much more tactical movement (not just around a room/encounter but tactically moving back to previous rooms to consolidate, create choke points, etc... when things get hot). Also lots and LOTS of exchanges of gunfire (so much so on the final encounter I literally ran out of ammo was was down to my pistol for the last few guys). Intense but glorious!

 

The door will always be open Agent @idiwa:hat:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, idiwa said:

I don’t want to take anyway from the enjoyment that the majority in this thread are having with the game but below is just my thoughts on The Division 2.

 

I pretty much gave up on this last night. I’ve had it since day one and hit level 18 but its just not for me. The game is amazing visually; the amount of detail in the city, the feeling (for me anyway) that there is not the same old assets repeated over and over. The subtle little touches with animals (one of my best moments was crouched near a car and next to me was a trash can and a raccoon was fishing through looking for stuff).

 

The audio is fantastic; the weapon noises, the score and the John Carpenter style music that kicks in during some missions. I really can’t fault it.

 

I guess I’m just not a fan of loot shooters. I sort of got on with Destiny but with Division 2 it feels like I’m walking 1km and in that space I’ve picked up another 5-6 weapons and assorted crap. My neat freak nature makes me spend half the time trying to organise stuff and worrying over what I should stick with and what I should flog or break down.

 

The gun play/ combat is enjoyable and the cover system 99% of the time works fine. Day one I took the advice of this thread and turned off the visual cues for cover and vaulting over stuff.

 

I think the 6 month time period from the outbreak starting in NYC is a bit Meh. The city looks more like something from The Last of Us after years of neglect not a couple of months. I sort of miss the presence of civilians that the first Division had rather than all you see are green (tooled up) allies and everyone else is the enemy.

 

One last thing, with cans of petrol all over the bloody place how come no bugger is using any vehicles? Eh? 

 

Glad I spent the cash on it but its just too samey for me. :hat:

 

I agree with you entirely, think I’m level 20 but have seen enough with no motivation to play it further. Looks nice though. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, idiwa said:

 

Ha! thats another thing... being in a firefight and taking cover behind a car and seeing the car drop a few inches as the bad guys shoot out the tyres. Just amazing attention to detail. I don't know why but every firefight felt like I was in the bank shootout scene in Heat. Just pouring fire into an area and pinning down the enemy, again the sound/ audio making it sound insane. :)

 

It would be even better if the vehicles caught fire and exploded if their engines or fuel tanks got shot, it would make the firefights even more cinematic and epic.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty much of the same view as idiwa until a few hours in. DC has now opened up, and while I do miss the bleak snowstorms of the original (and there is nothing here to equal those, graphically or atmospherically), there’s a distinct feel to the muggy mist and rainstorms of Div2. The city is unrealistic in its deterioration, but no less diverting for that, and as someone largely unfamiliar with Washington it’s quite interesting seeing a faithful, playable recreation of the place. Like Div1, I mostly play solo and team up for big missions, doing otherwise would mean a lot of dashing around whereas this way I can have a leisurely nose and soak up the ambience. It’s nice that they’ve scattered a few rewards around for that kind of player, too. 

 

What I like most is how confident Massive feel with Div2 compared to Div1. Having the settlers go out to collect supplies, with enemy supply routes you can raid for goodies, far more kicking off between opposing factions, and most of all the main missions which are showy and cinematic in a way Div1 rarely was. Fighting through the various museums is an obvious example, and I don’t want to say more for fear of ruining anything. For me it’s that feeling when you have a huge area, with enemies coming from all directions, teammates popping off skills, and the splendid 80’s synth music kicks in  - it really does feel like playing an Expendables film. 

 

Plus the LMG is as satisfying as ever, I can’t stay away from those guns for long, even if their suppression effect is a pain in the arse when you’re playing solo! 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew nothing about World Tier. What!?!? Brilliant!!

 

Also I went out and got killed instantly. That was less fun. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Phelan said:

I knew nothing about World Tier 1. What!?!? Brilliant!!

 

FTFY

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noob here - whats the requirement for entering the dark zone? My mate said there was a particular mission to be completed first? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, max renn said:

Noob here - whats the requirement for entering the dark zone? My mate said there was a particular mission to be completed first? 

 

Yeah, you need to unlock the DZ officer at the base first and then do her discovery mission to open it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of questions that have doubtlessly been answered a couple of pages back (sorry) The little missions that appear on the map, rescues and the like, do they always disappear if you fast travel? 

 

When I get a cache in single player, should I open it up immediately or save it until I've levelled up further? Will the content of the cache be tied to my level when awarded or when opening? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure it's the same as TD1 where the cache contents are based on the level you were when you got it not when you open it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Invasion: Battle for D.C.

Maintenance

The Invasion: Battle for D.C. – Update will drop on Friday during the regular maintenance from 9:30 am CET – 12:30 CET that will last for about 3 hours. 

 

First Apparel Event

With the “Invasion: Battle for D.C.” we will also get the first Apparel Event

The Special Event will last for four weeks (April 5th – May 2nd) where players can get Special Event Caches.

The Special Event Caches contain cool new outfits and other things like emotes.

You can also get Masks from these caches.

Everybody will get one Special Event Cache for free in the first week – if you log in before Thursday.

Year 1 Pass owners get three additional free caches when they log in during the event.

There will be ways to gain more free caches – like specific projects that you can finish.

Special Event Caches don’t have any duplicates. 

 

=> Weapon Skins

=> Masks

 

Announced Bug Fixes

When your Crafting Station is stuck on a lower World Tier, that will be fixed with this update. 

You will get a sensitivity slider for when you zoom in. 

Field of View slider will also be added with this update. 

There will be many more bug fixes that will be listed in the Patch Notes

 

Balancing Changes

With “Invasion: Battle for D.C.” we will also have the first balancing pass

Keep in mind, it is very early in the lifecycle so this is a first step in balancing to address some peaks. 

There is also a lot of talk about PVP – this update will not focus specifically on PVP balance, this is something for a later date – but some of the small changes will, of course, impact PVP. 

The Sniper M700 and the Rifle MK17 will get a damage reduction.

Crit Damage and Headshot Damage will be lowered across all existing gear, so if you have equipment with these stats on it, they will be different when you log in on Friday. 

“Safeguard Talent” (extra healing) will get an internal cooldown so that it can’t be up all the time

Demolitionist Talent “Crisis Response” (when armor breaks you replenish your ammo) will also get an internal cooldown. 

 

Skills Changes

Sniper Turret

Sniper Turret has been reworked

You will have a button above an enemy and the Turret will then shoot that NPC and it will automatically track it. 

When you aim at the same NPC you can also specifically control where the shot will go (headshot or weakpoint etc)

That should make the Sniper Turret more accessible. 

 

Chem Launcher

The handling of the Chem Launcher has been a bit awkward. 

Now when you activate the Chem Launcher, it will activate and you can use it like a weapon until you put it away. 

That should also give you more control about the skill

 

FireFly

Aiming mechanism has been reworked, so you can mark targets faster 

 

Skill Mods

The Skill Mods have been revamped

The Bonuses you get from the Skill Mods correlate now with the amount of Skill Power required to unlock them. 

They are now within the bounds of the Skill Power that you can get on your gear and they also changed the amount of Skill Power that you get on your gear. 

So even when you have less Skill Power on your gear when you log in on Friday, don't panic, you may be able to unlock a lot of mods that you could before. 

With these changes skill builds should become a lot more viable. 

 

Weapon Mods changes

As of now, the Weapon Mods always had a positive or negative aspect on them. 

But that meant, what was designed as a reward for missions and activities could also have a very negative effect on your build

That is why all the Weapon Mods have been rewamped: 

All weapon mods got new values, new positives, more in line what they would do in real life

They also have lower values – since they don’t have their drawbacks anymore. 

The only time there are negatives now on the Weapon Mods is when there are multiple mods – like magazines – one of them will have higher positive values, but also some negative values. 

For every slot, there is a mod for every type of stat that has no negative values. 

Now you can choose the mods you want to use and that should also be more fun. 

 

Other Changes

Sharpshooter Signature Weapon has a faster lock – on, so if you had the feeling that you often missed the shot with the signature weapon, this should be addressed. 

LVOA-C, the Lightweight M4, the Shotgun AA12, LMG MG5 got a buff.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the sound of those Chem Launcher and skill mod changes. 

 

I’m treading water in this at the moment until world tier 5 and higher gear score drops. There’s no real point creating a build or thinking about min-maxing until then because all my 450 gear will be superseded within a day or two. The three new proper gear sets should mix things up a lot too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely detest the hammer and chainsaw guys.

 

My game suddenly becomes a Benny Hill skit with me running around in circles trying to take pot shots at the buggers. I even hear the music in my head now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BubbleFish said:

I absolutely detest the hammer and chainsaw guys.

 

My game suddenly becomes a Benny Hill skit with me running around in circles trying to take pot shots at the buggers. I even hear the music in my head now.

The hammer guys can actually be handled without the circle running (the chainsaw guys less so). If you stand still and face them, lace a clip into them they will then charge you with a big swing. Just roll out the way (sideways or forwards) to dodge and turn round and lace another clip into them as they basically have a stagger style slow down animation after each swing. You can repeat this as much as you need to, I usually kill one in two dodges if you focus on one armour point.

 

16 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Pretty sure it's the same as TD1 where the cache contents are based on the level you were when you got it not when you open it.

Correct, the cache actually has a level based on when it was awarded.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is when one of the fuckers comes out in a Challenging mission where leaving cover for a nanosecond turns you into Willem Defoe in Platoon.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True, my tactic generally is to ignore them as much as possible and clear out the mobs and then deal with them after. it does mean a bit of cover to cover doing though as they steamroll in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.