Jump to content
IGNORED

The Division 2


Capwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, berties paw said:

 

Aye, think I'm WT3 around 365 GS just now. Few decent sessions should have me boosted a bit. You get a few bits at 490ish and it jumps you right up. 

 

Shout when you get to WT5. We can run a few bits and I can drop you some of my loot. Getting a few bits at 490ish will jump you right up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This weeks SOTG...

 

We won't see the Raid until May.

 

515gs item drops will appear in the DZ.

 

Also a large scale rebalancing of talents coming (will look for a written list/graphic later).

 

And re-specing NPC/Mob damage and HP.

 

The constant reiteration was "alignment" rather than nerf, but it certainly sounds like they are down speccing DPS but not really changing skills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah this is the NPC damage rebalance they mentioned, thought that was coming post PTS.

 

Definitely needs it I think... I attempted another double challenging bounty solo last night and got annoyed once again by the old "Gold Hyena boss just walking towards constantly you spamming a sideways held gun while ignoring getting hit with two full clips of AR bullets in the face" thing.

 

It got to the point where if I left cover I died almost immediately (and cover was sparse so relocation was difficult), and if I stayed in cover they would do the above terminator walk and I'd again die almost immediately. Managed to take out 15 mobs and one of the bosses before the last one got me while revive was on cooldown but it annoyed me enough to quit the game after respawning. Night and day different to doing the hard missions solo earlier in the evening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't had the balls to try an Heroic mission yet either solo or as a team. Did Tidal Basin on Challenge last night and it was hideous, think it would be unbearable on Heroic. Are the rewards that much better? If you only get 1 extra boss drop at sub 500 anyway then what's the point of putting yourself through it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope you just get more of the same rewards. So the question is do you want to go through that for a few more pairs of 495 gloves.

 

I think they’re making a big mistake trying to force people into the Dark Zones, they did that with the first game and it’s partially what led to the massive exodus of players. I suspect it’s an order from up above as some exec is disappointed with streaming numbers and we all know that Twitch viewers is seen to be the ultimate arbiter of a game’s success for some reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I haven't had the balls to try an Heroic mission yet either solo or as a team. Did Tidal Basin on Challenge last night and it was hideous, think it would be unbearable on Heroic. Are the rewards that much better? If you only get 1 extra boss drop at sub 500 anyway then what's the point of putting yourself through it?

 

The challenge drops as you get a decent build, but it's never a work in the park. Hard Mode is pretty easy for me now, and Heroic is tense to the end.

 

You "only" get more drops of the same (you get more xp/money/materials) level - but that helps if you trying to get better stats/perks on gear (which is more important that level)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tempted to give this a break for a couple of months until things settle down. I know some people love staring at stats, but I’m not one of them - especially when any build I come up with could be useless within a week due to Massive’s perpetual tweaking. It’s good that they’re trying to find the right balance, and responding to player feedback, but the end result is a nightmare for someone who barely grasps these systems in the first place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fun fact: I'm never going into the Dark Zone again. That place is a fucking sewer.

 

I think it had promise once upon a time with the whole uneasy alliances thing, now it's just rogues running around trying to screw everyone else over for funsies. Not my scene.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m at WT5 and still totally confused by all the stuff on the map and in my inventory to be honest. 

 

The game does nothing to guide you through the process of beginning to tailor specific builds (aside from a brief pop up menu talking about builds, but never actually explaining what the fuck you should actually be doing to achieve these). 

 

I often log in to the game and sit for a few minutes trying to figure out what exactly I should be doing next. It’s great that there is seemingly so much here but I wonder now how much of it is actually worth spending time on (especially considering the posts above) or how deep it really goes. 

 

Sad to see the raid delay as well, that felt like something to work towards but now it doesn’t even have a specific date. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Marmite said:

I’m at WT5 and still totally confused by all the stuff on the map and in my inventory to be honest. 

 

The game does nothing to guide you through the process of beginning to tailor specific builds (aside from a brief pop up menu talking about builds, but never actually explaining what the fuck you should actually be doing to achieve these). 

 

I often log in to the game and sit for a few minutes trying to figure out what exactly I should be doing next. It’s great that there is seemingly so much here but I wonder now how much of it is actually worth spending time on (especially considering the posts above) or how deep it really goes. 

 

Sad to see the raid day as well, that felt like something to work towards but now it doesn’t even have a specific date. 

 

It's a weird one isn't it? I loved the exploration of the first 20-30 hours. The open world is full of detail and looks amazing. Then the meatier content ranking up to WT5 in teams was fun and now I've got up GS 504 after a bit of recalibration (I had  no idea what I was doing) I'm also thinking 'what now?'

 

I know the idea is to perfect your build but so much of the recalibration stuff seems so limited and/or confusing that it becomes frustrating very quickly. You can't build a true tank or healer or skill specialist as either way you're getting one-shotted by grenade spamming enemies. You end up just piling stats in to damage which means all those skills you spent your SHD on gets left behind which is a shame. 

 

I think I'm going to just to take to the streets now and just enjoy the world more, take control points, save some hostages, try and kill some hunters and not worry too much about the numbers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

 

It's a weird one isn't it? I loved the exploration of the first 20-30 hours. The open world is full of detail and looks amazing. Then the meatier content ranking up to WT5 in teams was fun and now I've got up GS 504 after a bit of recalibration (I had  no idea what I was doing) I'm also thinking 'what now?'

 

I know the idea is to perfect your build but so much of the recalibration stuff seems so limited and/or confusing that it becomes frustrating very quickly. You can't build a true tank or healer or skill specialist as either way you're getting one-shotted by grenade spamming enemies. You end up just piling stats in to damage which means all those skills you spent your SHD on gets left behind which is a shame. 

 

I think I'm going to just to take to the streets now and just enjoy the world more, take control points, save some hostages, try and kill some hunters and not worry too much about the numbers. 

 

Thats exactly how I felt about the first one. Loved it for about 15 hours then was pretty much "ok, now what?". Lost interest very quickly after that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I know the idea is to perfect your build but so much of the recalibration stuff seems so limited and/or confusing that it becomes frustrating very quickly. You can't build a true tank or healer or skill specialist as either way you're getting one-shotted by grenade spamming enemies. You end up just piling stats in to damage which means all those skills you spent your SHD on gets left behind which is a shame. 

 

I think I'm going to just to take to the streets now and just enjoy the world more, take control points, save some hostages, try and kill some hunters and not worry too much about the numbers. 

 

This isn't really true at all. My build has been pretty balanced between red and blue stats so far but this morning I tried putting on all the skill power gear which with some talents got me to 11 yellow, 5 blue and 2 red and it felt fine in challenge missions, less powerful than my usual set obviously but considering it's a mishmash of just the stuff i've kept that's all skill based between 450 and 500 it was definitely much better than the lost cause the internet seems to want people to believe. What's more my skill mods require at the very most 2900 skill power and I was up to 3500 so I had a lot of room to take an item off and replace it with a more defensive one and once I have some actual brand sets boosting the skill power of the skills I want to use i'll need even less. It will probably end up more like my main set which is 3 damage pieces and 3 defensive ones. Literally the only things that one shot me are shotgun elites at close range or the johnny 5's with the laser that one shots everyone anyway. Grenades and Drones are an annoyance but don't really do a lot of damage. If I get set on fire I just drop some healing and keep shooting while I wait for it to go out. But then again I did see someone on reddit claiming people were liars because they didn't get one shotted by the hammer guys.

 

I think people go way over the top with what gear they think they should keep. When you see complaints about people capping out inventory and stash space to keep stuff around just in case when so much loot drops you can just get rid of most of it. Keep the best items that relate to what you want to do and have a consistent purpose and just get rid of anything else. I pretty much just like AR's and SMG's so anything not related to them gets binned. Any items with more than one colour or a talent related to a different colour get binned (with a few exceptions like patience on knees because one of the sets I want requires knees too), and i'll keep the occasionaly outlier I see with a really good roll like i've had a 40% damage to elites sat around for ages. I tend to hover at about 30 inventory items and my stash i've only been using for the green sets (because i've not even looked at building a loadout of them yet) and a few spare D50's

 

Anyway, I want to build a sweet dreams shotgun melee shield tank that relies on health on kill and I absolutely think it's possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm level 3 control points are near impossible solo. I feel like it needs a balance for those of us who play mostly solo.

 

I can’t get any new blueprints because the level 3 enemies slaughter you so quickly. Gmass-UK and I and attempted a level 4 and it was just horrendous to be honest. No fun at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spent some time trying to get something approaching a 'build' last night and ended up with a fairly nasty damage to elites specialist for running bounties. Got my Chatterbox and on its own it's pretty handy but the holstered talent really turns you in to a machine. Doing the yellow bounties was still chaotic and I know they nerfed the enemies but it felt like the right level of challenge. 

 

Flame turret and extra damage to burning enemies is also a lot of fun. Especially when you get those choke points and you can just let rip. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Well is meant be challenging difficulty level.

There is challenging and then there is really fucking dumb. Fine if you are in a squad but horrendous on your own or with one extra. 

 

I tried one tonight. No luck. Killed so many times. Just stopped being fun. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I rage quit this today. Tried to do a hard on my own and it just wasn’t possible. 

 

Some enemies are taking three whole clips from my 120 m60 and two hits from them and your armour is gone and two more and you are dead. It’s just bonkers. I’m at 476 and I think I’m done with it. Near impossible to do any of them solo so the end game is basically team up or don’t play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did some invaded missions with randoms last night to reach WT2. I’m really changing my mind about the flamer turret skill. It saved us several times when a cluster of elites were closing in and forced them to retreat. Performed wonderfully against bosses as well. You really do need to develop a sense of where it works, though, because when it doesn’t it’s as beneficial as a chocolate teapot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

Are you even healing/using skills/taking cover? Hard is a walk in the park since the NPC nerf.

Yup, yup and yup. Staying in cover. Sniping from miles away. Only using close combat when necessary. 

 

Have a a drone that heals me and the seekers that drop to bring you back if you die. Still getting fucking slaughtered. I haven’t rage quit a game in decades!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Phelan said:

Yup, yup and yup. Staying in cover. Sniping from miles away. Only using close combat when necessary. 

 

Have a a drone that heals me and the seekers that drop to bring you back if you die. Still getting fucking slaughtered. I haven’t rage quit a game in decades!

So this is weird. I restarted console and force quit Division and managed to do a control point at level 3. I’m wondering if the update hadn’t worked or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Phelan said:

I rage quit this today. Tried to do a hard on my own and it just wasn’t possible. 

 

Some enemies are taking three whole clips from my 120 m60 and two hits from them and your armour is gone and two more and you are dead. It’s just bonkers. I’m at 476 and I think I’m done with it. Near impossible to do any of them solo so the end game is basically team up or don’t play. 

 

Sure, but arbitrary team up is perfectly possible at hard. You don’t need much In the way of synergy or coordination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.