IGNORED

The Division 2

Capwn

Still not feeling the DC location and switch to summer. I’ve always found Washington quite an unremarkable place (apart from the handful of obvious landmarks), so combined with bland, sunny weather, next to the original’s amazing snow flurries, leaves me with little enthusiasm when I really quite enjoyed The Division. 

On 06/01/2019 at 09:45, Len said:

Georgetown pls! ;)

Truth. Hope we can visit the Exorcist house, and my old restaurant on 20th and Pennsylvania near the White House. 

On 17/01/2019 at 22:15, Garibaldi said:

Still not feeling the DC location and switch to summer. I’ve always found Washington quite an unremarkable place (apart from the handful of obvious landmarks), so combined with bland, sunny weather, next to the original’s amazing snow flurries, leaves me with little enthusiasm when I really quite enjoyed The Division. 

I dunno man, I can’t wait to creep through swampy, muggy, overgrown DC. The Last of Us really nailed that feeling of overgrowth and ruin, can’t wait to revisit it. 

Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to give it a shot. It just lacks the 'wow' moment of first seeing Division footage (sure, it didn't end up quite that good, but it was damn close), and as you say looks pretty similar to something like TLOU whereas the Division's snow felt fresh and unique*.

*Please nobody quote me a list of games with snowy locales, as I know there must be plenty. I don't remember any nailing it the way that the Division did, though.

I'm looking forward to the bit where they reveal the title. Bloody loved that after you'd left Brooklyn, crossed the river and came round a skyscraper to see the madness in the original (with exciting music applied). More please! :)

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Can you just preorder from Amazon, get sent a code, play demo, cancel preorder?

If so, when are codes sent out?

That's what I'm doing! Did the same with Anthem. Codes will go out 2/3 days before it goes live, probably.